PDA

View Full Version : Status: Moved and settled in!

MisterChief
06-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Hello everyone! :D

Hey guys, I have officialy moved! After 8-days of technology-deprivation (the horror:eek: ), I can safley say that I am a happy little bunny :p. Would you like to hear my story? No? Too bad, here it is anyway:

Ok, so I've been living in San Diego for ten years now, when my old man (yes, I still live with my immediate family, no, I'm not 30:rolleyes: ) tells us it's time to move. My father was a superintendent for Sundt Inc., a large construction company responsible for the new Grossmont and Scripps hospitals, the new facilities on Navl Air Station North Island, etc. Apperently, he was having some issues with the managment, and decided to leave the company for a smaller firm based in Hanford named Harris Construction. Luckily for us, we own a 4 bed, 2 bath house on a nice acre of land in (I hate it, hate it, hate it) rural :mad: San Jaoquin valley :rolleyes: It's not that bad really, just real quiet. Gives me the creeps :eek:. And living next to corn fields, grape vines, and walnut orchards dosen't help.

Unfortunatly, we had rented the house to some total slob sons of bitches who practically destroyed the place. My father and I, along with my half-brother and a couple local friends (I lived in said house for the first 5 years of my life, my father decades before me, so we know a lot of people) rebuilt the interior and overhauled the exterior for about two months. They left in really bad condition, really, really bad. But we managed to clean it up to better-than-new condition; it looks great now, a nice blue coat of paint outside, brand new carpet and linoleum floors, new wiring, new furniture 8). I really admire how nice the house is now.

So here I am, with DirecTV and DirecWay high speed :D (can't get DSL or cable up here, the lines either don't exist or are too old; it is the country, you know) I've got the family server running, got my comp running, and there you have it. My list of mods is gonna have to wait a little; we're on a tight budget till December, when we'll refinace the house. But fear not, they are on the way!:) ).

There is one thing I've noticed: I missed out on a lot! The 7800GTX launched, the 9800Pro has bottomed out at $100, Intel and AMD are battling it out in court, and you guys; I missed you :rolleyes: Bleh, that hurt my manly ego. I think I'll go out and have a tailgate, break out the grill, drink some booze, shoot something (though not neccessarily in that order) :D

If you have any questions or comments, please go ahead and write up a little something. Peace out, dog. 8)

PS. Pardon extreme overuse of smilies :)

Razor Blade
06-29-2005, 04:08 AM
Do I ever know what that's like. The place I live in currently (only built ten years ago) was rented to some crazy people! Markers on the walls, holes in the drywall, bleach stains on the carpet, toilets basically trashed and floors lifting up with water damage. Luckily most of the cost was covered by our landlord, but we had to do all the damn work (well most of the labour) But it looks damn fine now! :)

I'll be moving in September :D To a Penthouse Suite in the city ... Mmmmm luxury :p

Sorry for hijacking your thread ... lol. Enjoyed your story, glad you enjoyed your move ;)

Oh yea some pics would be great!

Malatory
06-29-2005, 01:33 PM
That mice that everyone chipped in and helped out. The place I got a couple years ago. Looked ok, but now I am finding out little things that were covered up. (Dry vent it totally clog. I do have some pics of that. I should get them on line.

I also know how it is to be with out I-net for a few days. I get a little crabby if I dont get my daily does.

reminder I get my way or I will send my little on after you.
http://www.malatorymods.com/evilchild.jpg

R/C Pilot
06-29-2005, 04:20 PM
now that's alot of fireworks.

I know what its like to be without tech I just got back fron a weekend at my friends cabin. NO comp, NO TV, and NO Internet. Its next to a national forest in the midle of no where. However there is a phone about 5 min away

Crimson Sky
06-29-2005, 05:05 PM

I know what its like to be without tech I just got back fron a weekend at my friends cabin. NO comp, NO TV, and NO Internet. Its next to a national forest in the midle of no where. However there is a phone about 5 min away

:::trembles:: :eek:

Glad to see yer all settled in MrChief

Malatory
06-29-2005, 11:07 PM

Fireworks ... thats only 75.00 worth... I know others that have lots more..

eww that would suck .. but I am going to want something close like that in a few weeks. I have hit my on call rotation and I will doing a lot more. (It does seem that even when I am not on call I spend more time working weekends taking care of things).