PDA

View Full Version : 24bit + 96Hz + SRS = Incompatible

Indybird
04-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey I have some realtek integrated HD audio and Logitech Z-5500 Digital speakers. I have the speakers connected via optical cable so I can do Dolby DTS and DTS 96/24. The problem was when I set my sound card to DTS 96/24 windows media player would not play my music; it would make a garbled clicking sound. After hours of testing what could be wrong I found out SRS TruBass & WOW Effect are incompatible DTS 96/24.
This is a warning and a question. The warning is right above and the question is: does anybody know of a fix for this?
(I've already searched google, gone to wmp support, dolby support and SRS support with no luck)

-Indybird

Luke122
04-24-2007, 05:02 PM
I don't really know of an answer for you, but I have a suggestion.

SRS TruBass and WOW Effect are garbage IMO, and I would just leave them off. The point of using a 96/24 output is to get the cleanest possible sound, so why turn on effects to process the sound?

Just my 2 cents. :)

jdbnsn
04-24-2007, 05:13 PM
I agree with Luk, on the Z-5500 just turn up the sub to the desired level. But DTS sounds great without those other sound filters.

Luke122
04-24-2007, 05:23 PM
DTS is the bomb! The best demo of this ever is the movie GLADIATOR.

Watch the first battle scene in Dolby Digital, then switch it to DTS and watch it again. Dont touch the volume or anything, just switch the audio.

You'll be blown away.

Indybird
04-25-2007, 08:08 AM
Yeah I actually just got 96/24 working 2 days ago and now I realise that I wont be needing SRS anymore... The only thing I dont like about 96/24 is the fact that all of my games don't automatically recognise my 5.1 setup unlike when I had it set to Dolby Live! 5.1....

Indybird
04-25-2007, 06:22 PM
I am noticeing lately that with my audigy2 card, if Iflip the switch on my speakers to 2 channel, i get audio out of all of the speakers.. when I flip it to 6 channel, I don't hear anything out of my rears. I know they are all plugged in correctly.. Oh and I don't have the digital option for my speakers.. :(

What could be up with that?

OH! what do you guys use to watch your DVD's on your PC? I have the PowerDVD 6 that came with my burner, but it only supports 2 channel audio unless you purchase the "sound upgrade package" for like 15$. are there any out there you use, that support 5.1? or should I just buckle down and get powerDVD 7? I should trade in my current 5.1 for a digital 5.1.. But I love my Altecs!

-J

What I did (and would recommend) was buy a DVD codec and use windows media player. Right now Im using nvidia purevideo but there are many really good codecs at wmplugins.com (http://www.wmplugins.com). If you do end up buying powerDVD, ill let you know that powerDVD installs a codec also. At which point you could just windows media player.

By the way, who else here uses optical audio and/or DTS?