PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else have/had this feeling lately?

xRyokenx
04-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Okay, earlier this year, I had this odd feeling that I wasn't going to finish school (at school), and look what happened... and recently, I had this feeling that the end of the world was coming, but now I'm starting to see it as the end of my world. Anybody else have any feelings similar to this? I hope it's not accurate or true, but you can never tell. :neutral:

-Anthony

EDIT: I'm flat out ****ing serious about this too, for those of you that are skeptical.

Scotty
04-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Same, its all coming down, thinking, will i pass... Gotta be one of the hardest parts in life right?... Best be not going through with this s*** again.

xRyokenx
04-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah, well, I'm not quite as worried about passing, but more-so worried about whether or not my sanity will come crashing into chaos, my family's been driving me to insanity. That and I've had too many relatives lately, but all yesterday they (from my point of view) treated me like ****, and all I've been feeling lately is like running off, but I have nowhere to go, or at least, nowhere that $35 will get me to... all I want to do is be left alone but they can't even handle that simple of a concept.

Oh, and if I need to take my rants elsewhere, I'll try to find somewhere, but this is the one community I really hang out in... but if need be, just delete this, and I won't be offended.

xRyokenx
04-26-2007, 12:46 PM
My dad was saying something a while back about our gov't needing to have a restart or something soon... but yeah, our government is so busy kissing everyone else's ass that they're kicking ours (the people of this country). Bullies all over are allowed free reign, but the people that are the victims are the ones being prosecuted. Politicians need to stop doing everything for themselves and maybe do what they were elected for, TO MAKE THIS COUNTRY A BETTER PLACE AND STOP BEING CORRUPTED SELF CENTERED (I'd say some other word here, but I've been angry enough, lol) MORONS /rant.for.now

Everyone's been at each other's throats, whatever it was I heard about the Bible or whatever predicting the end of the world in 20XX or whenever is starting to seem true to me, but I hope to high heaven that it isn't, time to crank up my religiousness, lol...

Scotty
04-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Yeah, well, I'm not quite as worried about passing, but more-so worried about whether or not my sanity will come crashing into chaos, my family's been driving me to insanity. That and I've had too many relatives lately, but all yesterday they (from my point of view) treated me like ****, and all I've been feeling lately is like running off, but I have nowhere to go, or at least, nowhere that $35 will get me to... all I want to do is be left alone but they can't even handle that simple of a concept.

Oh, and if I need to take my rants elsewhere, I'll try to find somewhere, but this is the one community I really hang out in... but if need be, just delete this, and I won't be offended.

Ditto. Know exactly what you mean, with my exams coming up i've got teachers, family and parents moaning telling me i need to revise, but i F*****g know i need to they just don't let it go, sooner or later i'm gonna snap and just tell em to f*** off i think.

thehilitereel
04-26-2007, 12:52 PM
You can fight on the battlefield and kill another humanbeing for you country, but you can't legally have a beer at the age of 18? another example of politicians molding your freedoms into their beliefs.

It's like this war in Iraq, damned if we do, damned if we don't. If the U.S military pulls out, millions of people will be massacred because of differences. But in the mean time, our men are dieing everyday, so why dont we just sit back and let the politicians play four star generals. or, we can start kicking down every damn door in Iraq and start taking care of business, if you have weapons in your home, you die, simple as that. But let's just let american and allied soldiers just walk around in the streets till they get shot at..

Our race has no future if we can't all solve our differences, but there's always some loony that messes it all up for everyone.

and hey bud, if you think you have problems, I have bigger problems with my family, yours sounds easypickens compared to my family.

chaksq
04-26-2007, 01:03 PM
God I feel the same way. Some much s*** going on right now. Goverenment officials are only looking out for themselves and their money. Look at global warming. What is being done about that, nothing. Even if you don't agree that humans caused it it still is an issue and at the least there are things that can be done to improve the environment.

I kinda want to build a spaceship and leave this planet behind. (I bet if I ever was in a position to try the government would try to arrest me as a terrorist or something)

xRyokenx
04-26-2007, 01:04 PM
and hey bud, if you think you have problems, I have bigger problems with my family, yours sounds easypickens compared to my family.

Yeah, well, I don't know your family and you have no clue what mine is like, lol. I also have a medical disorder involving a few hormones that aren't being made at all in my body, so I have to take supplements, without them I become a wreck, I also have to eat protein filled meals whenever I get hungry or my blood sugar will crash and I'll get stressed out very easily. But yeah, to each man his own (problems), lol.

Airbozo
04-26-2007, 01:45 PM
People go through this feeling many times in their life. Sometimes it is due to depression, sometimes it is actually a combination of things including our diets, and lifestyles that cause these feelings. Stress is also a huge contributer to depression and feelings of hopelessness and end of the world feelings. Find that sunshine in your life and focus on it. It may be the thought of finishing school, finishing that mod, or just a friend that has a nice smile and great outlook on life.

Religion in general (and the Bible specifically) have been preaching the end of the world since (their) day1. Guess what, we are still here. That is how most religions suck you in, they preach that things are horrible and you need to find (a) god before you have no chance of being "saved", since the world is ending "soon". They play on your emotions and sense of hopelessness. Again, if religion is that light, then follow it.

Oh, and all of you have NO idea of bad families. There are always situations worse than what you are in. Believe me on that one. I could tell you some stories that would make your families sound like saints...

xRyokenx
04-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Mine is a combination of a lot, I'm quite sure there is a large amount of worse families, but everything is a matter of a person's point of view. But yeah, time to maybe try to move on, but it's tough... oh, and I'm not overly religious, a little bit, but my paranoia's gotten a lot worse lately, my parents and everyone have been tense because a few relatives that are rather manipulative are visiting...

Good points there 'bozo...

I still feel lost though... I've got a theory about maybe if I had a girlfriend or someone to go hang out with I'd start feeling a bit better, but I'm being quite patient, and would rather not have a bad first experience in that field, lol. I've been enjoying WoW a lot, but now people are trying to keep me from doing things I enjoy, such as that... it may also be that they're jealous about me earning my Eagle Rank in Boy Scouts recently too...

But yeah, it's all a matter of point of view, and from mine I don't see much of anything but fog and chaos, no clue where I am emotionally or mentally, except that I don't want to be here, lol.

Luke122
04-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Try meditation.. seriously! You dont have to be Buddhist or believe in anything other than what you believe in, but try to meditate. Take some time to sit, and just try to clear your head; concentrate on breathing.. that's it.

I've read quite alot of accounts from Catholics/Christians who meditate, and how much it helps them to get things in perspective.

It might work for you, it does for me. :D

Oh, and remember that there's always someone willing to listen to you, and offer their support.

Drum Thumper
04-26-2007, 02:12 PM
You can fight on the battlefield and kill another humanbeing for you country, but you can't legally have a beer at the age of 18? another example of politicians molding your freedoms into their beliefs.

Don't forget, we can vote @ 18 too. Although it seems that in this day and age it doesn't really matter. But we (at least I) do it anyways.

The politicians either need to raise the voting/enlisting age or drop the drinking age.

Edit: Hey, I've got two green bars now...</end off topic>.

xRyokenx
04-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Could listening to music and putting your thoughts together before you fall asleep count as a form of meditating? I'ma have to try meditating though, take some time off from the chaos I call "life" lol. BTW, I'm only minorly Catholic/whatever... not hardcore like my one grandma, lol.

Thanks for being here guys, all the more reason for me to flat out love frequenting this place, lol. :D

Redundant
04-26-2007, 03:45 PM
...and everyone have been tense because a few relatives that are rather manipulative are visiting...

I suggest not letting them in the house or answering their calls. Restraining order works too. :smoker:

I kinda want to build a spaceship and leave this planet behind. (I bet if I ever was in a position to try the government would try to arrest me as a terrorist or something)
I already have plans for the fleet's main cruiser...3 reactors, 3 MAC guns, central gravity wheel...lol :D

chaksq
04-26-2007, 03:52 PM
I already have plans for the fleet's main cruiser...3 reactors, 3 MAC guns, central gravity wheel...lol :D

Shoot me a PM when you are launching or if you need help building. lol
Seriously, if anyone on here builds a real spaceship let me know.

Eclecticos
04-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Try meditation.. seriously! You dont have to be Buddhist or believe in anything other than what you believe in, but try to meditate. Take some time to sit, and just try to clear your head; concentrate on breathing.. that's it.

I've read quite alot of accounts from Catholics/Christians who meditate, and how much it helps them to get things in perspective.

This is true. .Im a Christian. I Meditate frome time to time. . Kind of like the count to 10 thing when your real pissed off or troubled.

Calms the mind. .thats for sure.

"The Sky is Falling!" :rolleyes: :D

progbuddy
04-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Shoot me a PM when you are launching or if you need help building. lol
Seriously, if anyone on here builds a real spaceship let me know.

Same.

Hey, they say the Earth is gonna turn to desert when the sun starts heating up. Also, they say that the icecaps on Mars will be frozen, and we can all move there :).

My life's hectic, too. Switching in between high school, scouts, music lessons, extracurricular activities, helping the neighborhood out, camping, going places with my family, and relatives gives me no time in between. My life's full to the brim with stuff.

I've figured out that life's hell if you make it that way.

'Bozo's right about diet. You really should start eating meat during lunch, pasta for dinner, and fruit for breakfast. It keeps you going during the day, and helps you fall asleep at night.

I also have a shortness of certain hormones (Melatonin, mainly) that make it hard to sleep (and it makes me stressed). I just started taking Melatonin supplements, and I get better sleep, and I feel better.

thehilitereel
04-26-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm in progress of building a spaceship that will go back and forth in time, I'm 95% complete and I need a co-pilot, i have weapons and stuff but your safety isn't guaranteed.

progbuddy
04-26-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm in progress of building a spaceship that will go back and forth in time, I'm 95% complete and I need a co-pilot, i have weapons and stuff but your safety isn't guaranteed.

Don't forget the Flux Capacitor!

Computer-Geek
04-26-2007, 04:52 PM

Count me in :D

hey look what i found! http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/techinnovations/2004-06-21-spaceshipone-launchday_x.htm

Also i agree meditation helps alot i just need to do it more often

thehilitereel
04-26-2007, 05:01 PM
while I'm back in time, anyone want me to pay their mothers a visit while she's fertile? you'll be getting some awesome chromosomes :D :up:

Airbozo
04-26-2007, 05:08 PM
while I'm back in time, anyone want me to pay their mothers a visit while she's fertile? you'll be getting some awesome chromosomes :D :up:

You'd probably find a line... (But I seem to be the only one of my siblings that actually got the good dna... (or a decent helping anyway)

WHAOA!! did he just say that about his MOTHER!?!?! :eek: :redface: :eek:

Yes. Yes I did...

Jump a few years ahead and find my sister too. There will be another line...

OUCH! :eek:

(This is why I am not shy about being adopted...)

EDIT: as to the diet; Different things work for different people. The main things to cut out are sugar(processed), (trans)fat and debris. Those 3 items will affect your personality and health (there are more but those are my main 3). I am not saying no more soda or sugar free soda only, but the amount of processed sugar we take in does have an effect on our systems.

Slug Toy
04-26-2007, 05:20 PM
hmmm... this is familiar. yep i get that general feeling every time im in school. luckily im in college so i can take a semester off if i need to.

this past winter semester has been the worst yet. ive never had anything like this happen before. i went through a depression that lasted a couple months. in that time i hardly showed up to class, unless there was a test or something to hand in. i just couldnt get my self motivated to go to school. i started hating the teachers, the school architecture, having to take the bus... i even caught myself planning a way to kill my chem teacher in a lab one day. after that... i knew the whole semester was a write off. i didnt go back to class, and the only day ive set foot in that school since the beginning of the month was for my chem final. i know ive failed every course, but i dont care. i cant go back right now or else im going to have a relapse.

one thing i tried early on was to try and keep a good frame of mind. one day i felt good and decided to keep that feeling... but that didnt work too well. the problem is that in some of my classes we do stupid work and i start questioning the purpose and usefulness, and then things go dark again. anything pointless seems to get me aggravated when im at school.

i think the biggest trick is to make sure you're doing what you want to, or at least working towards a clear intended goal. i DID lose that for a while. i wanted to do geology, specifically exploratory mining. i realized that it actually wasnt as interesting as i thought it could be, and then all the courses i was taking seemed pointless. its better now though because ive landed on the idea of making jewelry, and recreating armor and weapons from all eras. now that i have a goal again, the motivation is back and i actually feel like getting out of bed every morning... or afternoon (im on semester break dammit, i deserve some rest).

things are better for me now, but again i say its because you have to know what you want to do, and you have to do it. if that means a complete lifestyle change, well so be it. i dont exactly recommend anything as extreme as moving out (ive seen two friends do that, and both ended up thousands of dollars poorer and back at home), but if part of the problem lies with family you need to talk to them and set them straight about whats going on and what its doing to you. if they wont listen, find someone who will and who can mediate the situation. someone like a councilor, because A) they'll listen and even just talking about problems really helps, and B) either they can motivate you to confront your problems, or they can do it for you (so for family they could set up a group meeting). a councilor can really work, and i know because i talked to one when i figured out that school was going wrong. all it took was for me to talk, and a person to encourage me, and ive found a new path instead of committing suicide or something.

anyways, for you guys in high school still, im afraid you have to tough it out. i didnt want to be in high school either. i was surrounded by idiots most of the time, and the pressure to perform and keep my grades up was too much. the only thing you can do is lessen the pain. find courses that you want to take, and take them. stop caring about your grades (providing you arent failing). in grade 12, i found a few courses that made my days more bearable, and that helps a lot. in fact i liked one of them so much, id spend lunch in that room if i didnt have anything else to do. i stopped caring about my grades by grade 11, and for me that helped because i dont respond to pressure and stress very well. as soon as the stress was gone, things were better again. if you guys are in grade 12, well theres only a month or two left right? in that case just keep thinking about summer, and time will pass. if you guys still have a year or two to go after this, start planning for next year and find some things you can do to keep you happy. it will help immensely, i cant even put it into words.

bottom line as far as i see it: if you arent happy, or the end goal isnt interesting anymore, whats the point? be happy and satisfied at all costs.

Bucko
04-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Just on America as my view from someone who isn't American. It seems like America was about kicking arse and taking names.
Now it seems like the Country is more about kissing arse and dropping names...

"The Sky is Falling!" :rolleyes: :D

I hope Paul has somewhere soft to land!

xRyokenx
04-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Kicking its own arse maybe...

I've had this on/off depression deal going on for at least a year and a half now... really annoying, I was enjoying every class I had except for the awful AP US Gov't class I had (AP stands for Advanced Placement btw). I really miss my Ceramics and Horticulture classes, they were fun, some of the other students weren't, but who cares?

To pass this school year and graduate I have to read a classroom story that is much easier to "learn" with a real teacher there to guide you, but noooo, they have to put the freakin' "game" on the difficulty that's after Legendary, and this is Halo 2 legendary, not the much more realistic Halo 1 Legendary... 'tards... anybody got advice on reading Shakespeare's Macbeth?

Slug Toy
04-26-2007, 07:12 PM
oh you're doing macbeth. that stuff is like a completely different language, let alone old english. go online, you can get "translations" and explanations that way. we were lucky enough to get books with side notes in the margin explaining, and we would discuss endlessly in class. you definitely cant do it on your own unless you have like a whole year to dedicate to understanding it. theres just too much going on.

i know how you feel with AP. i was in IB, you probably know about it if you're doing AP. i did that until grade 10 when i was told that it doesnt actually get you university credit for the most part, and then i went back to regular stuff in grade 11 except for IB bio. i got to watch all my friends struggle in the IB program though, and that was fun. 4000 word research thesis required just to graduate.

Luke122
04-26-2007, 07:51 PM

Lol.. reminds of a pic of a newspaper ad I once saw;

"Wanted, someone to go back in time with me. THis is not a joke. Safety not guaranteed, I've only done this once before. Bring your own weapons. "

LOL

xRyokenx
04-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Actually, it was my first AP class... I had always done Honors classes... NEVER TAKE AP! Unless you're prepared to do two semester's work in 13 weeks that is... and pay $80-something for the test too...

What the hell am I supposed to learn from this English class anyway? I've read enough to where I have a large vocabulary and reasonable grammar... do they want to speake olde Englishe ore somethinge?

Slug Toy
04-26-2007, 08:17 PM
What the hell am I supposed to learn from this English class anyway? I've read enough to where I have a large vocabulary and reasonable grammar... do they want to speake olde Englishe ore somethinge?

just be careful. thats the kind of mindset i got into and thats why i failed. youd be surprised how you can bring about your own self destruction.

i dont see the relevance of shakespeare in todays world. still, we have to learn it for some reason. i really think there should be different streams of english depending on what you want to do. english for sciences, english for arts. same way theres calculus for sciences, social sciences, and business.

id also have to agree that taking AP or IB is a mistake. honestly, its a select few that are able to keep up with it. they are definitely university material. the rest of us... well we're better suited to following the regular school path. i did math 12 in grade 11 and even that was a stretch for me. i just dont think i was ready for it. i might have been smarter to wait until grade 12 to do math 12.

you just have to be very dedicated to do any advanced classes, and it would also be advantageous if you know what you want to do when you grow up. if you dont have direction and/or dedication, its a waste of time and money.

xRyokenx
04-27-2007, 01:36 PM
lost my pc for the weekend, be back monday :(

AJ@PR
04-27-2007, 02:03 PM
lost my pc for the weekend, be back monday :(

This is so funny it's my new sig.

xRyokenx
04-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Well it's not if it's happened to you... Yay PDAs! Backup computer, lol.

Redundant
04-29-2007, 10:31 AM

I have a problem with arguing with my English teacher about this. Every day. :D