PDA

View Full Version : LED light out

Bast
07-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey all...I just noticed that the LED on the front door to my case went out. Is there a semi-easy fix? Or should I just pretend it doesn't exist?
It's a Fudin ATX868WBP

Thanks....

Frakk
07-02-2005, 03:54 PM
you can replace the if it burned out, but it might be the header that slipped off.

timmer
07-03-2005, 12:57 AM
LED's cant burn out unless the people who made them suck.

temmink
07-03-2005, 01:11 AM
LED's cant burn out unless the people who made them suck. Surprisingly the quality of LED's has very little to do with the sexual orientation of the manufacturer, however I'd say that anyone sucking on an LED would likely cause it to fail if not 'Burn out' as stated. If, however, the inferance is that the manufacturer can suck anywhere, even physically removed from the LED itself, and cause said LED to burn out is a tenuous one at best. It's an interesting theory though. :D

Replace it with another one.

Xbrid
07-03-2005, 01:26 AM
u r either Seriously weird or serious funny. i can't decide

Malatory
07-03-2005, 12:35 PM
If you were just in the case check the headers. LED can burn out if to much power is put through them. Other wise they would just be slapping them in anyware.

jonopaul01
07-03-2005, 02:37 PM
If you were just in the case check the headers. LED can burn out if to much power is put through them. Other wise they would just be slapping them in anyware.

Wrong, LEDs can burn out if too much voltage is put through it. There is a difference between Power and Voltage. But LEDs will eventually be come dull over time.

u r either Seriously weird or serious funny. i can't decide

He is seriously wierd but he thinks he is seriously funny

Bast
07-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks for all the lovely replies! But as you can see, I am posting in the 'Rookie' section...I have no idea what a 'header' is...? I tried unscrewing the housing where the lights are and for fear of breaking the darn thing, stopped at that point...
I don't think it is a voltage problem...the whole thing is about 2 years old..
If you aren't sure what case I am talking about, here's a link to a similar one...
http://www.outpost.com/product/3850927
Hopefully it is still active when you look...

You guys are all probably saying to yourselves...'Darn newbies always bothering us with petty questions...!!'

Thanks again....

AKA_RA
07-03-2005, 08:49 PM
my friend had the same problem recently. if this is a similar situation, its not the hdd led or the power led, its a cosmetic led that is prolly connected to a 4 pin molex somewhere. if thats the case, youll prolly have to open up the front panel that houses the led and see whats wrong. im guessing theres a broken wire somewhere. did it just suddenly die or did it get dim or flicker first.

Bast
07-03-2005, 09:10 PM
I just noticed it went out kind of suddenly...? I am hoping it's not the wires that connect from the door to inside the computer....I could see how they could get pinched or bent everytime the door is opened and closed....
I am not exactly certain if I can just pop out the 'Z' emblem disc and see how it ticks, or if it's all glued and junk...?
I feel like such a geek, getting all fussy over a silly little light.... :D

jonopaul01
07-04-2005, 06:07 AM
Could you get your DC and take a picture of your case and then circle the said LED and put it on Photobucket and show it to us? This will help us know whether it is a HDD, Power or othe LED. You see if it is a "cosmetic" Led then it comes off some other power source whereas the power and HDD LEDs come straight off the MoBo. I still just think that the LED is broken and should be replaced. Good Luck

Bast
07-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Okey dokey...if you missed the URL here is an image of a similar case, it lights up in the front where the emblem is: http://www.outpost.com/product/3850927

And here is the link to photos of my actual case, door closed and door opened to show where the wires are coming from(sort of):
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/waytoomany/album?.dir=54f7&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/waytoomany/my_photos

I know that's a ridiculously long URL...sorry!

Thanks a bunch!