PDA

View Full Version : Start Menu

.Maleficus.
05-13-2007, 09:36 AM
So, I have so many things installed on my computer that my Start Menu is on it's fourth level. And it's already about 3/4 of the way down. I already have most of the program titles cut off on that level, and I'm nearing my fifth. Does the menu get a scroll bar or something after that? Or can you resize it to make it smaller? It's really annoying seeing 5 letters of the program name, and it's going to be even more annoying once I get more installed.

XcOM
05-13-2007, 02:56 PM
WHY OH WHY do you have soooo meny apps installed, ok, the easiest way si to orgonise the start menu, i do it this way:

Start-->Programs
-->CD & DVD
-->Graphics
-->Games
-->Office
-->System Tools

then add your respective items within, or use diffrent way of orginasing it. eitherway, thats your best bet, and as far as im aware, the start menu just starts to scroll.

.Maleficus.
05-13-2007, 05:18 PM
WHY OH WHY do you have soooo meny apps installed
What can I say, I love my apps.

And I'm sorry, but I have no idea what your explanation means. Are those settings I can use to organize it, or what?

The Black Pumpkin
05-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Here we go!

1. Right-click on Start button, click on Properties.
2. Click on Customize, for whichever style you have.

3a. If you have the XP Start Menu...
3b. In the Customize box, click the Advanced tab.
3c. Scroll down until you see an option "Scroll Programs." Select it and click ok.

4a. If you have the "classic" Start Menu...
4b. In the Customize box, just scroll down and select "Scroll Programs," as before. Click ok.

And there you go. Should be all scrolling for ya.

.Maleficus.
05-14-2007, 06:53 AM
Here we go!

1. Right-click on Start button, click on Properties.
2. Click on Customize, for whichever style you have.

3a. If you have the XP Start Menu...
3b. In the Customize box, click the Advanced tab.
3c. Scroll down until you see an option "Scroll Programs." Select it and click ok.

4a. If you have the "classic" Start Menu...
4b. In the Customize box, just scroll down and select "Scroll Programs," as before. Click ok.

And there you go. Should be all scrolling for ya.
That's what I'm looking for. Thanks man, +rep.

The Black Pumpkin
05-14-2007, 01:00 PM
No problem. :)

CanaBalistic
05-14-2007, 06:53 PM
What Xcom was saying is this:

Open your start menu in Explorer. Make a few new folders and drop your system apps into the system folder, games to games folder, ect...

XcOM
05-14-2007, 06:59 PM
What Xcom was saying is this:

Open your start menu in Explorer. Make a few new folders and drop your system apps into the system folder, games to games folder, ect...

you put it better than i did. thanks mate,
+rep

Cagedconnerman
05-14-2007, 07:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/cagedconnerman/Screen01.jpg

is an example of what Xcom said :)

.Maleficus.
05-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Again, thanks guys. I did that too and it's a major help. +rep to all of you.

Cool1Net6
05-19-2007, 09:37 PM
I usually do this to every computer I touch, and file away folders and applications that nobody ever uses (like the settings to TweakXP), except I am more verbose with my classifications:

--> Burn a CD or DVD
--> Internet & Networking
--> Sound & Video
--> Tools & Utilities
--> Games

... and everything that comes with windows in the Programs folder gets stuffed into Accessories.

-Cool-