PDA

View Full Version : Rules of the Fix IT Shop

Bucko
05-15-2007, 01:14 PM
This forum is here to allow members to help other members when they are having a problem with their computer. Modding questions should still go to the Rookies Nook or Modding Q&A forums.

If you have a question, make sure you put some info in the title too so people can tell at a glance if they may be able to help.
Don't post a title like "OMFG my compter is broken!!!!111!!!" as it will soon be deleted.

If it's an urgent problem, call your ISP or some other paid Tech Support. This is NOT a fast, personal tech support forum, it's members take time out of their day to help.
If you start a thread and no-one answers in a hurry, be patient.
Bumping a thread within a couple of days of posting will result in the thread being deleted.

If no-one has answered after a few days, don't bump it unless you've actually done some of your own research and still haven't found an answer. If you do reply again to it to ask for help, let us know what you may have tried to do and waht you have found while researching.

If you have a problem and the operating system you are using is an illegal copy all we will tell you is to go and buy a legal copy. No futher help will be given until you do so.

intergalacticman
05-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Don't post a title like "OMFG my compter is broken!!!!111!!!" as it will soon be deleted.

no offense, but i contend that posting titles like that is a good way to call people to aid your situation, but i guess that it would get lame if it was just that you forgot to plug in your computer

Bucko
05-15-2007, 01:21 PM
It's a good way to make you look like a fool and get your thread deleted.

xRyokenx
05-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Example of a reasonable title.

Windows won't boot properly. URGENT

Putting "URGENT" at the end lets people know that it's kind of important, at least to you. If you put OMFGEEEE COMPUTER DOESN"T BOOT!!!11!!12!! you'll look like a fool, like Bucko said. Don't overuse URGENT either, it'll get redundant and worn out, it's just an example I'm giving anyway, if the mods want something else they can make the final decision, as I'm not one. :D

Mitternacht
05-15-2007, 01:28 PM

And going overboard with !'s and 1's and even 2's is noobish anyways. Doesn't look to professional and everyone will assume you don't know jack about computers.

Zephik
05-15-2007, 01:37 PM

agreed.

The rules look pretty good Bucko, nice job. You've been a crazy lately with helping out the forums. I feel like I should address you as if I were addressing a officer or something lol. Yes sir mr. Bucko! right away mr. Bucko! Please don't ban me mr. Bucko!! :p

I was going to suggest a section like this later today. It seems quite a few people, including myself, have computer issues on a somewhat regular basis here on these forums. and although this is mainly a modding forum, its nice to ask for help from people you are familiar with. It's also nice to not have to go through the hassle of signing up for other websites, even though in some cases we really should. Such as health issues for example... which I'm guilty of lol. Its better to get professional advice anyways for those type of things. Go to the doctor for health issues, come here for computer health issues. ^_^

XcOM
05-15-2007, 02:17 PM
i recommend this thread being locked as its rules.

DaveW
05-15-2007, 02:25 PM
i recommend this thread being locked as its rules.

We will, but we like to let everyone get their grumbles/stupid questions out the way. Also, we can make sure that everything is nice and clear. ;)

That way there's less trouble come ass kicking time.

-Dave

XcOM
05-15-2007, 02:29 PM
can i do some kicking,,,PLEASE,
/spit
/shine
/gleam

i got my steelies ready,,,,,

jdbnsn
05-15-2007, 05:46 PM
I feel like I should address you as if I were addressing a officer or something lol. Yes sir mr. Bucko! right away mr. Bucko! Please don't ban me mr. Bucko!!

Yeah, he makes us call him that too.

gaz_the_chav
05-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Plus remember no member that posts help is liable for any damage whatsoever under any circumstance nor will TBCS be held liable. You carry out the help given at your own risk!!!

-gaz

DaveW
05-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Yeah, he makes us call him that too.

I call him Sir Bucko of Bic.

-Dave

.Maleficus.
05-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Plus remember no member that posts help is liable for any damage whatsoever under any circumstance nor will TBCS be held liable. You carry out the help given at your own risk!!!

-gaz
That is a very good point to make. You take advice at your own risk. There might not always be people here who can help you out, but we can give IDEAS. These will help you on your way to solving the problem. If you take an idea, try it, and set fire to your computer, then, oops. Note for the future.

And yes, specific thread titles are always handy.

Eclecticos
05-16-2007, 03:10 AM
Greeeaaatt. :D .Now I can tell people gas and a match is required to repair there PC. . J/K

I will give the best advise possible.

xRyokenx
05-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I generally try to give good advice, and if I have no clue what I'm talking about when it comes to a solution, I'll just not say anything, although I will theorize about it and see if my theory was correct, although I tend to forget that last part.

jdbnsn
05-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Greeeaaatt. .Now I can tell people gas and a match is required to repair there PC. . J/K

In some cases that's correct.

intergalacticman
05-16-2007, 01:16 PM
well i guess that clears it...