PDA

View Full Version : The $1500 Keyboard!

TheGreatSatan
05-15-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't care what it has...

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/757

Spawn-Inc
05-15-2007, 09:36 PM
it's because it has little lcd screens in each key!

.Maleficus.
05-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Now that is something a high-end production studio could use. Think about it: picture displays for all the 3DSM shortcuts, Photoshop shortcuts... Damn, I need to get a napkin... I'm drooling...

tybrenis
05-15-2007, 09:43 PM
This has been brought up a hundred times before on these forums... I believe theres like an 11 page thread about it. Anyways, yeah, that keyboard is a useless POS. Until they drop their prices no one is going to buy it. Also for a while they only offered it w/ black and white screens, which was a huge turn off for many.

.Maleficus.
05-15-2007, 09:45 PM
This has been brought up a hundred times before on these forums... I believe theres like an 11 page thread about it. Anyways, yeah, that keyboard is a useless POS. Until they drop their prices no one is going to buy it. Also for a while they only offered it w/ black and white screens, which was a huge turn off for many.
Yeah, it has. I thought this was a notification on the release date? But I don't think it's a useless POS. For anyone who has $1500 to piss away I'm sure it will be a great little toy. And like I said about studio work, it could come in handy very easily.

Omega
05-15-2007, 09:48 PM
I say knowing your shortcuts is more useful than a 1500$ keyboard, amirite?

I won't go any faster in PS with a 1500$ keyboard, because I use shortcuts.

.Maleficus.
05-15-2007, 09:59 PM
I say knowing your shortcuts is more useful than a 1500$ keyboard, amirite?

I won't go any faster in PS with a 1500$ keyboard, because I use shortcuts.
Yeah, I guess, but I would go faster (I don't know the shortcuts.. :()

But it would be cool to be one of the few people how could say, "my keyboard is worth more than your entire computer" or in some cases, "my keyboard is worth more than your car".

Omega
05-15-2007, 10:00 PM
But it would be cool to be one of the few people how could say, "my keyboard is worth more than your entire computer" or in some cases, "my keyboard is worth more than your car".

Go around bragging and you'd be on a $10 KeyTronic shortly afterwords, if you catch my drift.

.Maleficus.
05-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Go around bragging and you'd be on a $10 KeyTronic shortly afterwords, if you catch my drift.
...Good point.

Definitely not something you'd take to a LAN, or anywhere out of your house. Actually, I'd probably have it nailed down, or a less destructive method of securing it.

Skriger
05-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Yah, it can also be useful for using as a multi-language keyboard I.E. make the shortcut keys on the left be able to swap between languages. Also good for CAD draftsman etc etc. LOTS of applicable ideas, but you are all right about that its too much for a perif.

just because its on topic.. here is the link to the actual website for the keyboard.
Optimus Keyboard (http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/)

TheGreatSatan
05-16-2007, 08:25 AM
I have shortcuts on my keyboard that don't even work. What do you do after you blow $1500 and that happens?

Crimson Sky
05-16-2007, 09:23 AM
I still find it kind of sketchy that they do not show the actual product photo, but a 3D rendering.

simon275
05-16-2007, 09:41 AM
The mini version they have of this with three keys is pretty cool I would build it into the bezel of a computer case. The keyboard would be cool with WoW.

Also the full keyboard is $13.75 a key while the mini 3 key version is $53.32 a key. Go figure.

xRyokenx
05-16-2007, 10:00 AM
The three key version looked like it had larger keys. On other news, wouldn't it be awesome to have one of those Nostromo SpeedPads with those kind of keys? Customization to the max!

Skriger
05-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Actually you can never have the shortcut keys not work because the keyboard is actually a small computer device. Every key is fully customizable by using some sort of coding (i forget which) basically making the keyboard with limitless possibilities as long as you know how to program... but isnt that the case with any keyboard haha!!