PDA

View Full Version : Vista 64-bit And Zune

Lexonex
05-15-2007, 10:17 PM
WE SHOULD ALL GO TO OTHER BOARDS........:banana:

.Maleficus.
05-15-2007, 10:39 PM
You must read this my friend (http://lifehacker.com/software/zune/use-your-zune-as-a-portable-hard-drive-217010.php). The Zune is in fact, a portable hard drive. Just so you know; you can only add files to the Zune in "Sync" mode. Easy way to do this: get a large file, start syncing in the software, and close the software half way through. The Zune will still be synced, and you can add and remove files freely from within Explorer.

.Maleficus.
05-16-2007, 06:31 AM
Well, actually, as long as you have the Zune software and have done the registry modification, you can can put on and take off files freely from multiple computers.

Did you follow the guide exactly? Did you change the right numbers?

doesi87
05-16-2007, 01:49 PM
He is talking about this

1. Make sure your Zune is not plugged in and your Zune software isn't running
2. open up regedit by going to the start menu and selecting "run". Type regedt32 and hit "OK"
3. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Enum\USB\
4. Search for "PortableDeviceNameSpace". This should be contained in the Vid_####&Pid_####\########_-_########_-_########_-_########\Device Parameters within the above ...\USB\ The ##'s listed here will be numbers and letters specific to your Zune
5. Change the following values:
* EnableLegacySupport to 1
* PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell to 0
* ShowInShell to 1
6. Plug in your Zune, and make sure the Zune Software starts up.
7. Hopefully at this point you can open up "My Computer" and browse your device, though it does NOT show up as a drive letter.

Now that you've got your Zune working like it should, you can use that portable hard drive to carry all your favorite apps with you wherever you go. As with any registry hack, you should probably back up your registry before you give this a try. — Adam Pash

quoted directly from the link. please post where in this list you got stuck, so we can help you much better. Personally i don't have a zune but the instructions don't seem to be that hard. Just try it and tell us where you don't know what to do.

.Maleficus.
05-16-2007, 03:00 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about...again, why don't you walk us all through YOUR process of using the ZUNE device to transfer files from one PC to another PC...............
My process is simple.

1. Plug in Zune. Do the registry modification if you haven't already.
2. Open the Zune in Explorer.
3. Copy the file(s).
4. Paste them to computer.

I don't know how much simpler I can make it. I haven't done this on a computer without the Zune software, so I don't know if that has something to do with your failure, or what, but I really can't explain this any better than I am. If you need more help than I'm giving you, try out Google.com (http://www.google.com).

Redundant
05-18-2007, 06:03 PM
Let say I do follow the instructions successfully and I then could purchase tunes online with my Zune software and then “transfer” them to someone else’s PC? Isn’t that “illegal”? DON’T ANSWER THAT……..
Yes, technically it is illegal. Also, it may not work on your friend's PC since most bought songs have DRM. You can strip that away though...

WOW, I guess the ZUNE device can be used as a portable hard drive...AGAIN, I stand corrected...........Love being on boards....always learn something new.............

http://www.lifehacker.com/software/zune/use-your-zune-as-a-portable-hard-drive-217010.php
Wow. You just said that...and gave the same link given to you...

Amnesia? ;)