PDA

View Full Version : Laptop not displaying video on external monitor

Zephik
05-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Okay, well I'm trying to watch a movie on my 42" plasma using my laptop, but the video only shows up on my laptops monitor. Anyone know how to fix this?

Computer-Geek
05-19-2007, 08:48 PM
on my laptop all i have to do is go to control panel then mobile pc and on the top right corner it says connect to a projector or external display also i'm running vista.

Needsleep
05-19-2007, 09:24 PM
have you successfully displayed on a monitor plugged into your laptop or is this your 1st time? if its not workin and you have done it millions of time before we'd more info to diagnose, if its your first time - remember, go gently..... ;)

depending on your laptop, there could be two ways to go:

right click desktop ~> graphics options ~> output to....... then choose ur monitor or monitor+notebook,

older laptops sometimes have the option to hit "fn"and one of the function keys (will have a crude monitor icon on it in blue)

hope this helps and isnt patronising :)

Zephik
05-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Sweet, I got it. lol its not a fun situation to be in when you are trying to entertain your guests and you can't get things working. ^_^

I had to go into display properties and activate the second monitor option, then set it to have an extended desktop so instead of cloning my screen it displayed two separate screens. Then I just clicked and dragged the video player over to the second screen. Worked fine after that. :)