PDA

View Full Version : Cyclinder mod question

stratus
07-07-2005, 08:43 AM
Hey all, I had a question about what things I should consider when modding a circular steel trash can. Should I make an inner frame to put secure all my PC components too? I'd like to stealth the drives and add a few extra goodies too. Any ideas or suggestions on how to do this the most efficient way would be appreciated. Thanks! Stratus

stratus
07-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Nobody has any suggestions for me? =(

hungrych
07-09-2005, 09:49 PM
You could set up the front part as a sort of door, to keep it totally round.

lorddarkwolf
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
THis guy used a garbage can to build a computer into. similar to what it sound like your wanting to do!
http://promodz.ru/content/view/77/26/1/0/

stratus
07-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Great, thanks for the help and ideas!

stratus
07-14-2005, 10:02 AM
I'd like to make an inner frame that drops in from the top of the can, and also make it lock into place if possible. I'm not sure how to do this though. I've also decided to go with a "Half Life 2 explosive barrel" theme. I want to make it look like a barrel from the game. I'll post pics of the can I'm using and what I want it to look like. I really want to keep looking it like a barrel though. I don't want to see any of the drives, power switches, cables, etc. This will be a problem though, because the mobo size makes me face the I/O plate to the side rather than the bottom.

I'd really appreciate any help you pros can give me on this. I've tried several mods and I've only completed one and it wasn't a custom case either. Thanks!

Malatory
07-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Build A Square Cage for the Mobo / Drives and all of the other parts for the computer that slides in from the top. Bottom of the Barrel have 4 post that will hold the corners of the cage in place. on the top have 2 cross bars that screw down to hold everything in place. Clear as Mud?