PDA

View Full Version : Saitek Eclipse

The Black Pumpkin
05-29-2007, 12:16 PM
A friend of mine has a red version of the Saitek Eclipse that currently does not work. The computer detects it, but it doesn't light up, nor do any of the keys work. I figure the controller is probably blown, but I'm just curious as to whether any of you have any ideas.

Zephik
05-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Try in on another computer and see if it works.

The Black Pumpkin
05-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Tried it on three computers so far... :redface:

Zephik
05-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Well, either that is THE craziest coincidence in all of mans history on this planet or that keyboard is totally b0rkt.

I'd email Saitek to see if they can help your friend out or something. Otherwise, it sounds like its just plain ole fried. I had a USB wireless device for my mouse that did something similar. My PC would read that there was a USB device but the device wouldn't work at all.

Maybe his wires got ripped from their solder points inside of the keyboard? Hmm, I really don't know. lol sorry, not much of a help. Maybe someone else knows whats up.

alphastryk
06-07-2007, 09:27 PM
I have that exact same keyboard, and I've had similar issues in the past... the only way I know to fix it (if it won't work by switching USB ports and rebooting) is to uninstall the windows usb keyboard driver using another keyboard, then plug the Saitek back in and let windows install the driver again... I do recall it being a recurring problem though...so you may have to do that a lot...not sure if its the same issue, as I haven't had any issues with that kb on my new rig...but...meh