PDA

View Full Version : nVidia Control Panel???

Silenced_Coyote
05-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with their nVidia Control Panel not correctly reporting information or anything at all? Under the System Information, it says that my MCP is an nForce 570 SLI and my SPP is a nForce 5 Ultra. But I have an EVGA 680i SLI motherboard. It also says that the nForce Networking, GeForce video, nForce IDE, nForce audio, FSB frequency, Memory bus, and PCI-E bus is Not Reported. I guess the IDE thing not being reported is fine because I don't have any IDE devices. I am using onboard sound too.

Here are my system specs and they are all updated with the latest driver/bios:

EVGA 680i SLI motherboard (AR version, not A1)
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB version
Core 2 Duo E6300 (stock speeds)
OCZ 2x1GB operating at 800MHz @ 4-4-3-15 (underclocked since it is rated to run at 900MHz)
Vista Home Premium 32-bitMy PC isn't crashing or anything. Everything runs fine, games and benchmarks. But I was just wondering what the problem is and if anyone else is having this problem too? I'm thinking that it is because I am using Vista. I hope that is it and I'm just worrying for nothing. Hopefully nVidia fixes this soon if that is the case.

P.S. - I'm probably the only guy who has his E6300 running stock speeds and using underclocked RAM... I just have been satisfied with the default settings and my games aren't suffereing so I guess I didn't care to overclock. But I really want to so I might do it sometime soon. Yes... I'm ashamed. lol :redface:

XcOM
05-31-2007, 10:41 AM
it maybe due to the drivers, and vista, if you can, install XP and test the control panel in there.

Eclecticos
05-31-2007, 01:28 PM
it maybe due to the drivers, and vista, if you can, install XP and test the control panel in there.

Sad, But true.

Ive had the same problem with the Nvidia control panel it has never worked with my PNY cards. I install it and it won't run. I have the correct drivers for the right operating system. Maybe its conflicting with my antivirus who know's?

It has worked before with Asus and Biostar cards. . Different computers though.

Apparently. . they have updated drivers now HERE (http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp)
Try a Beta maybe?

ChevronX
06-01-2007, 05:34 AM
I know this isnt much help; but you can only try

Silenced_Coyote
06-01-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm using beta drivers. No change at all.

MaxOC
06-02-2007, 10:56 AM
yeah ive had the same probs, same windows version. n tune dont agree with it