PDA

View Full Version : Bad LCD Picture

Arthemys
07-08-2005, 08:25 PM
What would cause horizontal wavey lines to occur in vertical lines on an LCD? Say for example I have a bunch of black lines on a white background running from top to bottom of my screen, throughout most of my display I have what looks like really bad interference, and ghosting effects that waver around.

Running the auto-adjust fixes it only slightly, what it appears to be is just changing the phase setting will make it better or worse.

Thoughts?

Substance
07-15-2005, 02:32 AM
Speakers, Cell Phones, phones, Wireless ROuter (rare cases), stereo (my LCD vp201b had some interference from my sony Boombox until i move it from off my desk to the closet) many things video card could also contributing to a bad picture check the cables and if you dont mind me asking what lcd is it.

Arthemys
07-17-2005, 12:16 AM
Planar PL1700
I've moved the entire computer around with the LCD to a LAN party once and the noise was just the same. One thought I had was that the video card was just introducing a lot of interference. I've swapped out the OEM cable to a generic one with only ONE ferrite core (sp?). The OEM had two cores. That helped some.

Another thing was getting a new mobo, that helped some.

Moving the cable around too sometimes makes it better or worse, depending on how close it is to other cables. What's funny is that every single LCD I've ever seen with my own two eyes, has never had this issue.

Arthemys
07-18-2005, 08:47 PM
Hmm, seems 100% fixed now that I have a new video card (GeForce 6600GT) and no more slot fan.

sXenoG
07-18-2005, 10:27 PM
If it had to do with you taking a slot fan out do you have a cheap psu? Maybe your card was just getting bad voltage or something this is a total guess on my end.

Arthemys
07-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Enermax 420w

It had to do with how close the slot fan was physically to the fanLESS GPU. It did have a heatsink, but no fan... So that's why I installed a slot cooler.