PDA

View Full Version : Trying to install software and got this mssage?

.jrauck
06-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder.

I definitely have enough space on my computer but donut know what the hell is up about the write privileges.

Bucko
06-02-2007, 12:53 AM
Assuming you are using XP, are you logged in as the administrator?

If you aren't logged in as administrator, when running a program from an icon or similar, if you hold shift and then right click, it will have an option in the menu to "run as", clcik that and you can run it as an administrator.

Hope this helps.

.jrauck
06-02-2007, 01:24 AM
Im the only account that is on the computer. For some reason it only works if I try installing it on the desktop but then it tells me to please put in the cd. Do you know of a program that will turn some files into an iso.

.Maleficus.
06-02-2007, 08:29 AM
MagicISO (http://www.magiciso.com/)

Alcohol 120% and Alcohol 52% (http://www.alcohol-soft.com/)

.jrauck
06-04-2007, 01:50 AM
I had alcohol and got magic iso but didn't help :(

jdbnsn
06-04-2007, 02:02 AM
Have you tried ImgBurn? Seems like I had good luck with in the past.

Commando
06-04-2007, 04:19 AM
.jrauck

I checked out your photography, pretty impressive stuff.

About your software problem. It sounds like it could be a disk read error or something simple. It doesn't make any sense that it's not installing normally. My only 2 cents is that I wouldn't overthink it. I think the CD is scratched and your not getting a good read.

XcOM
06-04-2007, 04:37 AM
if your using XP, when you at the logon screen, Pres
"Ctrl+Alt+Del" three times, this brings up the classic logon screen, now login as:
"Administrator" and attempt to install the software again, if it fails then commando is prob correct in the install file is damaged

.jrauck
06-04-2007, 03:36 PM
I tried the Ctrl+Alt+Del but it didn't work. The only thing it did was extract the files into a folder under C: Programs but doesn't fully install, so I went under the install file under programs and it asked me to put the cd in so im trying to make an iso file ten mount it to Alcohol 120%.

Oh BTW thanks for my profile comment.

How would I convert a setup file to iso?

.Maleficus.
06-04-2007, 05:04 PM
What you'd probably want to do is copy the entire CD to an .ISO and save it to your computer, and mount it with a CD mounting program like Daemon Tools. Probably the easiest way IMO. I've never used Alcohol, and I have MagicISO but haven't played with it much, so I can't help you there.

And BTW, I like your DA gallery too. Very nice pics. If you don't mind me asking, how do you get them to sell prints? Do you make any money off of what they sell?

.jrauck
06-05-2007, 12:38 AM
What you'd probably want to do is copy the entire CD to an .ISO and save it to your computer, and mount it with a CD mounting program like Daemon Tools. Probably the easiest way IMO. I've never used Alcohol, and I have MagicISO but haven't played with it much, so I can't help you there.

And BTW, I like your DA gallery too. Very nice pics. If you don't mind me asking, how do you get them to sell prints? Do you make any money off of what they sell?

I don't have the cd is my whole thing. I only have the files from it and every time I try to convert the files to iso it says not a valid file type.

Thanks about DA, when you upload your pictures it will ask you if you want to sell as prints. You do make money off of it as a percentage, which is less than %50 and the prices are set unless you have a premium account then you can set how much to sell the pictures at.

.Maleficus.
06-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Here's what I could find about making .ISOs with MagicISO. I couldn't find much for Alcohol.

http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-createiso.htm

.jrauck
06-05-2007, 04:17 PM
I guess ill just wait and then reformat my computer and see if that works. I tried that and it made an iso image and then I mounted it to my drive but it still said I need to put the cd in.