PDA

View Full Version : PC Components & Tools on Ebay

Crimson Sky
06-06-2007, 11:40 AM
I've got some stuff up for auction on ebay (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjmo17188QQhtZ-1), some hard to find and others near impossible. See if you can find a good deal, plenty of low starting bids!!

Help support my next modding project !!! LoL... ;)

Good Luck!!

rendermandan
06-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Those are some pretty cool tools. I'm just curious what your "Next Modding Project" is going to be...

jdbnsn
06-06-2007, 11:57 AM
I wish I could get some of those tools, they look nice!

Eclecticos
06-06-2007, 03:23 PM
ewwwwwuu. . Check out the Microtorque :)

Not sure what it does but it looks cool.

Crimson Sky
06-06-2007, 03:55 PM
ewwwwwuu. . Check out the Microtorque :)

Not sure what it does but it looks cool.

It's basically the Corvette of Dremels ;) Made in the USA

Redundant
06-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Why is your username Jmo###? I'd have expected it to be your name or username on here...

Too bad I'm not 18. I could use some of that stuff. 3 more years...

I just realized something: Paul Capello = PC :D :bows down: lol

Drum Thumper
06-06-2007, 04:28 PM
I've got a couple items on my watch list, I'll bid in a few days.

jdbnsn
06-06-2007, 04:37 PM
I want that watercooling setup, I've bid on almost everything on the list. Dammit Capello, why dos thou temp me?

nil8
06-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Aren't tools like that microtorque meant for jewelers?

Does the reservoir include mounting screws?

DaveW
06-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Dude! That is some nice ****! I like the fingerprint reader. :) Someone could go nuts with that one!

-Dave

Crimson Sky
06-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Aren't tools like that microtorque meant for jewelers?

Does the reservoir include mounting screws?

Actually its medical grade, ventless rotary tool meant for dental and prosthetic labs. same speed and torque as a dremel, but far less vibration, heat and more control. much less noisey too :)

and yes it comes with screws--um..first line of the description. :p

Tech-Daddy
06-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Ok.... you the "support my next project" puts a huge amount of relief back in to my head... thought you were like "retiring" or some crazy **** like that! ;)

I have you saved on my profile... I see several things on there that intrigue me...
;)

Crimson Sky
06-06-2007, 05:55 PM
I want that watercooling setup, I've bid on almost everything on the list. Dammit Capello, why dos thou temp me?

LoL! I feel bad i've created a crazy bidder!--but the parts are all good you won't be disappointed. the RBX has the nozzle restrictor kit, which you need on such a powerful pump as the L30--the restrictors slow down that beast of a pump to allow better heat transfer. Its a great combo..

jdbnsn
06-06-2007, 06:13 PM
same speed and torque as a dremel, but far less vibration, heat and more control. much less noisey too

and great for self dentistry!

I hope I win the watercooling stuff, I've been wanting to set one of those up since I joined here.

Crimson Sky
06-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Ok.... you the "support my next project" puts a huge amount of relief back in to my head... thought you were like "retiring" or some crazy **** like that! ;)

I have you saved on my profile... I see several things on there that intrigue me...
;)

Hey man good to have you around again! As soon as the inspiration hits me, I'll start something new. It's nice backing off of it for a while tho and then returning with a modding vengeance :evil:

Zephik
06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
LoL

You know, I really love that Modular Power Supply. It just seems so... SHINY. Like a high polished piece of art GLINTING in the sun!

jokes aside, that is some pretty nice stuff you got there! I wish I had an AMD proc, otherwise I would be looking at that motherboard. Maybe I'll look into that graphics card you got though, I thought it was PCI there for a second! lol

simon275
06-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Check you eBay messages Paul.

jdbnsn
06-06-2007, 11:37 PM
Hey Simon, you movin in on my watercooling equipment? grrrrrr

Spawn-Inc
06-06-2007, 11:54 PM
shipping to canada!?!?!??!

Tech-Daddy
06-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Hey man good to have you around again! As soon as the inspiration hits me, I'll start something new. It's nice backing off of it for a while tho and then returning with a modding vengeance :evil:

I wholeheartedly endorse this approach... much to the chagrin of those around me! "Seeing me around again" means that I have been taking a break from the heavy moddin, and just refilling the batteries, so to speak.
;)

When I did, blingGreen, Lupine, then BOSS... pretty much all back to back... I was exhausted. Took a bit of time off, started on DST, started and finished DSF, and took a little break.

Of course, that little break has also included the movement of my family into our first house (yay!) as well as the resulting cleanup and setup of the garage into my full fledged modding hole... (YAY!!!)

Once the garage is done (hopefully by this weekend), I'll be able to dive into and finally complete DST, and then I have *my* next mod that I am going to start working on. Already ordering parts and I think my wife has me some stuff on order for the upcoming Father's Day!! (rubs hands maniacally!)

So... "Cool!" I'm ecstatic to hear you still got the passion and the drive to mod! I'll be looking for your work enthusiastically! With the money you make on the auctions, I hope you are able to do some trick stuff!

Take it easy bro!
:banana:

simon275
06-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Hey Simon, you movin in on my watercooling equipment? grrrrrr

Already got a wc setup. lol

The mighty Zalman Reserator 2

Crimson Sky
06-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Shipping to Australia has now opened up as an option on the Modular PSU listing. ;)

xRyokenx
06-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Some good deals you've got there... I really wish I had the time and money for modding, my creativity's been let out of its box for exercise for the first time in months and it's demanding to be used, lol. Painting on my PC should have to do for now. Like I've been saying, I should get some good spray paint and repaint some stuff I have.

Spawn-Inc
06-07-2007, 02:53 PM
never having sold anything on ebay, does it cost money to add different shipping methods?

if it doesn't can you add shipping to canada for these items otherwise then don't.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Danger-Den-Single-5-1-4-Bay-Cooling-System-Reservoir_W0QQitemZ150130146661QQihZ005QQcategoryZ 80150QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/DigitalPersona-Fingerprint-Computer-Security-Reader_W0QQitemZ150129821314QQihZ005QQcategoryZ315 34QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks

ps. here (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=spawn-inc&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true) is my feedback.

Crimson Sky
06-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Unfortunately, once an item has been bid, i can't change the shipping rules. But there is no charge for adding shipping methods when you set up a listing...

sirkillalot617
06-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Just wondering this has probebly already been asked but are you shipping to the UK.

xRyokenx
06-07-2007, 05:26 PM
He could always just PM you his address and maybe give ya a little more through PayPal after the auction for the shipping.

Crimson Sky
06-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Just wondering this has probebly already been asked but are you shipping to the UK.

My Bad, I should have opened up bidding to folks across the pond--too late on most of the goods, but the modular PSU has not been bidded on and I can always open that up.

EDIT: the Maze4 GPU w/80 watt Peltier and the Modular 500 Watt PSU have been opened to UK and Aus shipping

Eclecticos
06-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Here is a Picture of what the XG Magnum LCD Display looks Like:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3643/magnumathlonvo6.jpg

Drum Thumper
06-08-2007, 02:49 AM
What about combined shipping if by chance jbdnsn buys you out for example :D?

Crimson Sky
06-08-2007, 06:58 AM
Combined shipping can always be arranged. If it fits safely into a box, I'll pack it!

Crimson Sky
06-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Added TODAY: Pair of PanaFlo Aluminum 120mm Computer Case Fans 12vdc (http://cgi.ebay.com/2-PanaFlo-Aluminum-120mm-Computer-Case-Fans-12vdc_W0QQitemZ150130759632QQihZ005QQcategoryZ3673 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

The originals!

Eclecticos
06-08-2007, 05:11 PM
If I win something can I Get you to sign it?
BTW. . I want one of your MaxPc Books.

I will put it in a Plexi Display Case :up:

Crimson Sky
06-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Hell, I only have ONE copy at my house...lol i gave the others to family. Sure I'll sign your ebay receipt :p

Spacehonkey
06-08-2007, 06:05 PM
If I win something can I Get you to sign it?
I will put it in a Plexi Display Case :up:

I think it would be cool to have Paul's signature etched into a plexiglass panel so you could use it for a case window but that's just me.

Eclecticos
06-08-2007, 06:39 PM
To Bad. . you don't have a Case Modding Magazine. That would be Kewl.
Back on topic. Bidders. . Beware! I am a Auction Sniper :D

Crimson Sky
06-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Check out the modding parts grab bag! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150130907321)

LoL my modding closet has WAY too much stuff in it...and I have several closets...

http://www.podmodding.com/ebay/grab_bag.jpg

Zephik
06-08-2007, 11:05 PM
What color is #18?

xRyokenx
06-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Got any spare cathodes I can buy/have? I'd like one to illuminate my keyboard. Mount it on the underside of the desk, that'd be cool. If you have white, green, or blue, that'd be great. Or I can order one for my lazy ass off of Newegg. Am I the only one that thinks this post is pointless?

I wish I could use even half the stuff in that grab bag, wow.

Crimson Sky
06-08-2007, 11:26 PM
What color is #18?

Blue

Aero
06-09-2007, 01:17 AM
I personally love how the high tech water cooling pump for your computer is put in the "Pet Supplies" catagory.

hmm, I'm going to wait a few days and see what I can bid on at the last second, and for how much...dang shipping is a bitch:P.

.jrauck
06-09-2007, 02:02 AM
Hey crimson since im going to be moved in brooklyn, ny within a week and if I win an auction can I just pick it up?

Crimson Sky
06-09-2007, 06:17 AM
I personally love how the high tech water cooling pump for your computer is put in the "Pet Supplies" catagory.

hmm, I'm going to wait a few days and see what I can bid on at the last second, and for how much...dang shipping is a bitch:P.

LoL...well the Hydor pump (heck, most water cooling pumps, including the Eheims) is first and foremost used in aquariums and man-made ponds. Modders simply borrowed these products and adapted them for PC use. ;)

Crimson Sky
06-09-2007, 06:37 AM
Hey crimson since im going to be moved in brooklyn, ny within a week and if I win an auction can I just pick it up?

Sure, pick up is fine. There's an area just off the Belt Parkway East, about a mile from Coney Island...Take the exit for Knapp Street and go to the end of the road. It will become a dirt path, and finally you'll see an old rusty gate. This is where the road ends, and you cant drive. Beyond the gate (i'll bring the bolt cutters and leave it open) there is a foot path (I think its called Sheep's Grave End) that leads up and around the old paper processing plant. There is a big cement arch (you can't miss it if you stick to the road) that leads to a central courtyard. You'll see a lot of wooden pallets and a forklift with no wheels that has graffiti on it. To the left of that forklift there is a gray steel door with no knob. Second stair case on the right, bottom level is where I'll meet you. I'll have a flashlight, I suggest bringing one as well. around 8:30-9:00 ok with you?

Spacehonkey
06-09-2007, 10:03 AM
:think:.....................Sounds like a trap to me. Let me as you Crimson, do you know anything about the where about of Jimmy Hoffa's body?

Crimson Sky
06-09-2007, 10:24 AM
do you know anything about the where about of Jimmy Hoffa's body?

Just what are you implying?

Greco101
06-09-2007, 10:28 AM
lmao

Spacehonkey
06-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Just what are you implying?

You just seem to know a lot about that abandon area.

Might be a good place to hide a body.

Greco101
06-09-2007, 12:21 PM
You just seem to know a lot about that abandon area.

Might be a good place to hide a body.

Or yourself when the not so favorite relatives come to visit. :p

Eclecticos
06-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Sure, pick up is fine. There's an area just off the Belt Parkway East, about a mile from Coney Island...Take the exit for Knapp Street and go to the end of the road. It will become a dirt path, and finally you'll see an old rusty gate. This is where the road ends, and you cant drive. Beyond the gate (i'll bring the bolt cutters and leave it open) there is a foot path (I think its called Sheep's Grave End) that leads up and around the old paper processing plant. There is a big cement arch (you can't miss it if you stick to the road) that leads to a central courtyard. You'll see a lot of wooden pallets and a forklift with no wheels that has graffiti on it. To the left of that forklift there is a gray steel door with no knob. Second stair case on the right, bottom level is where I'll meet you. I'll have a flashlight, I suggest bringing one as well. around 8:30-9:00 ok with you?

Lol! A little strategic for a PickUp Eh? You forgot the part where you knock 3 times on the steel door and say the magic words, and the door opens by itself. And you have to sprinkle oregano under the cement arch and do a ring around the rosie. hehe :) Oha yea almost forgot you have to Hop on one leg while on the steps or Crimson will not appear from the darkness.

simon275
06-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Sniff' Sniff'

I smell a trap

Crimson Sky
06-09-2007, 09:16 PM
lol..really now.

.jrauck
06-09-2007, 10:21 PM
hmmm, ill think about it.

Crimson Sky
06-10-2007, 02:59 PM

But seriously, sure you can do local pickup!

Eclecticos
06-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Well I think it would be kinda silly to buy that waterblock seeing as I don't have a AMD I just wanted the Peltier, Got any more of those?

Crimson Sky
06-10-2007, 09:55 PM
the Peltier itself is $26 new from Danger Den--there ya go!

Eclecticos
06-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Yea. . I was pricing them on Ebay I just wanted the Paul Capello Signature Series . . I'll get something off ya I can use.

Crimson Sky
06-10-2007, 11:23 PM
yeah I saw a lot of 10 for $40 pretty good but you have to wonder about the quality. When a pelt fails, it becomes a very, very good insulator...in about 20 seconds...by-bye processor!

Commando
06-11-2007, 05:01 AM
Unfortunately, once an item has been bid, i can't change the shipping rules. But there is no charge for adding shipping methods when you set up a listing...

You can offer shipping to another area,even after you have bids, by doing it another way. All you have to do is add the particular buyer to your buyer exemption list. I did this once because of the same situation. I PMed eBay and they explained this technique to me. You can find more info on the buyer exemption technique here. (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751-2978-71/1?AID=5463217&PID=2450700&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fanswercenter.ebay.com%2Fthread.j spa%3FthreadID%3D900034891%26forumID%3D7%26start%3 D0)

I hope this helps.

Crimson Sky
06-11-2007, 06:54 AM
Thanks Commando, my wife wound up explaining this to me as well. I did in fact offer this to a couple of people, but they didnt bite. :)

jdbnsn
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
woohoo, scored me some water cooling hardware. Maybe I can get this stuff installed soon...

Eclecticos
06-11-2007, 05:42 PM
yeah I saw a lot of 10 for $40 pretty good but you have to wonder about the quality. When a pelt fails, it becomes a very, very good insulator...in about 20 seconds...by-bye processor!

I figure you could make a reservoir and put a heatsink on the back of the peltier seal it up, and use it to cool the water.
That combined with a radiator and you got some CPU Chill goin' on.

I'm going to go ahead and snag one of Ebay and try it out.

Crimson Sky
06-11-2007, 06:16 PM
I figure you could make a reservoir and put a heatsink on the back of the peltier seal it up, and use it to cool the water.
That combined with a radiator and you got some CPU Chill goin' on.

I'm going to go ahead and snag one of Ebay and try it out.

Do what you suggested and you'll have fun removing all the PC hardware and putting it in the trash. Condensation would form on all the cooling parts (blocks, tubing) and short out the system in about ..Hmmmm...4 minutes.. Even if you tried insulating the entire WC system, chances are those few drops will sneak past it and short something out ;)

Water Cooling Rule #1:

Any system that cools the water to even slightly below ambient temps will cause condensation.

Crimson Sky
06-11-2007, 06:20 PM
woohoo, scored me some water cooling hardware. Maybe I can get this stuff installed soon...

It's really a snap to throw together. If you need a Reservoir, I have a round one here I can send to you gratis. I used it in a testing station and then replaced it. Of course some folks don't use a res, they just get a fillport from Danger Den and add water that way. Let me know, I'm packing it up tonight!

Edit: Remember that some of the hardware you scored has 3/8 OD barbs, and some have 1/2". The res I have here is 1/2" OD so if you are buying tubing any time soon, remember to get adaptors and the proper tubing clamps. If you get the ClearFlex 60 3/8 tubing, I've had much success warming up the ends in boiling water for a few seconds and slipping them over 1/2" OD barbs using a little spit-lube. Just a thought.

jdbnsn
06-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks man! Sure I'll use that res, I was planning on getting one later but if you have one avaible thats even better. I appreciate that and the tips!

.jrauck
06-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Alright I may bid on something soon as I just got to NY tonight :)

Crimson Sky
06-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Hah!!~ Welcome to NYC. Glad you made the trip safely.

taintedplay
06-12-2007, 03:49 PM
haha, now im the high bidder, was thinking of getting a fan controller, which from what ive seen are like 20, so that plus ALL of those other items, damn good steal! thanks so much chrimson

Crimson Sky
06-12-2007, 06:18 PM
haha, now im the high bidder, was thinking of getting a fan controller, which from what ive seen are like 20, so that plus ALL of those other items, damn good steal! thanks so much chrimson

I have another Modder's Grab Bag going up after this one with even more (and different) goodies. :bunny:

.jrauck
06-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Hah!!~ Welcome to NYC. Glad you made the trip safely.

Heh thanks, I have been around the city and wow its much different than Houston, you need to tell me some good stores and such around here then.

Anyways I was going to bid on some stuff bud pretty much everythings gone :( ill just wait until you put up some more stuff then.

Drum Thumper
06-14-2007, 03:15 AM
I have another Modder's Grab Bag going up after this one with even more (and different) goodies. :bunny:

To paraphrase jon, Damnit Paul! Now I'm gonna have to bid (and hopefully win) that one as well! :D

Crimson Sky
06-14-2007, 10:07 AM
To paraphrase jon, Damnit Paul! Now I'm gonna have to bid (and hopefully win) that one as well! :D

The Stealth mod was too big to put in the box as an extra goodie, so I threw a few other things in.:banana:

Drum Thumper
06-14-2007, 11:54 AM
The Stealth mod was too big to put in the box as an extra goodie, so I threw a few other things in.:banana:

Nice. I'll send payment tomorrow morning around this time.

And if it wouldn't be too much to ask, I'll take you up on the offer you made a page or so back and kindly ask that you autograph my invoice!

Thanks again!

Crimson Sky
06-14-2007, 01:21 PM
And if it wouldn't be too much to ask, I'll take you up on the offer you made a page or so back and kindly ask that you autograph my invoice!

Thanks again!

I added something to the box similar to that ;)

Drum Thumper
06-20-2007, 01:07 PM
So, Paul, when will the next grab bag go up?

Thanks for the extra goodies!

DrumThumper

alphastryk
06-28-2007, 10:32 PM
So, Paul, when will the next grab bag go up?

Thanks for the extra goodies!

DrumThumper

yeah... anytime soon?... ;p