PDA

View Full Version : Tried something now no startup

Greco101
06-10-2007, 12:45 AM
As everyone knows... my computer hates me and has been spiking and wont even play simple flash games with 2.4ghz.

I thought it may be a processor problem so I tried switching it out for a spare 2.0ghz since switching processors is fairly easy.

This mobo doesn't like easy and loves making my life miserable... it wont start up. It starts, but the monitor just sits at a black screen, then goes to sleep (flashing light).

I unplugged it and took out the cmos battery for 15 minutes and still the same results.

What do I do now?? (besides pull out the explosives)

:mad:

Greco101
06-10-2007, 01:12 AM
PS

sorry guys for all my bs... it's just one thing after another and its all semi-new territory to me.

jdbnsn
06-10-2007, 01:59 AM
Try removing all possible attchments that are not needed to power up, leaving mobo, RAM (1 stick), PSU, CPU. See if it starts. If not, you have narrowed the list of problems. If it does, start adding one component after another until the problem returns.

Greco101
06-10-2007, 02:21 AM
wow... never do anything without sleep the night before.

When I first got the board, I had to cut off the plastic lever that seats the cpu because the cpu was NOT gunna come off the heatsink. (at least not with the pressure I was gunna use on it)

I used a thin soldering tip to for a -- in it so I could open and close it with a screwdriver. apparently this time it wasnt all the way closed. thankfully nothing was damaged. figures I found this out after I completely stripped it, getting ready to put it in a box and store in the closet.