PDA

View Full Version : Making a side door

01TAFlyer
07-10-2005, 04:36 PM
I have an xaser III tower case, mine has a solid side panel. I cannot find a place to buy side doors for this case (w/ window) so I want to build my own.

I know I could put a window into my current door, but I would like to have two doors. The case is like brushed aluminum, so I figure that will be the first thing I need, where could I get something like that? and any tips for doing this? Thanks for the advice.

timmer
07-11-2005, 01:42 AM
I'm sure that Tt have gotten Xasar3 cases RMA'd for non working stuff. Contact them and ask if you can get an extra side panel.

01TAFlyer
07-11-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm sure that Tt have gotten Xasar3 cases RMA'd for non working stuff. Contact them and ask if you can get an extra side panel.

I sent them an email today, we'll see what they say, although I worry about what they might charge for this.

timmer
07-11-2005, 10:39 PM
It's only a side panel...it should cost max $30

bulkowski
07-23-2005, 12:47 AM
I am in kind of the same situation. I got a Xaser III case off eBay and shortly after I accidently cracked my acrylic window, silly me. There used to be a site called Kool PC Mods, that had replacement windows for various cases, X3 included, that were pre-cut to the style that Thermaltake uses. That website no longer works though, I don't know what happened to them.

If you find out how to get a replacement side door or window, please let me know. I don't know how comfortable I would be with buying an acrylic sheet and doing that myself :P