PDA

View Full Version : No more Album art in windows Media Player.

Indybird
06-17-2007, 12:41 AM
I've got this little thing where i gotta have the album art for my music in windows media player. Up until now, windows media player downloads the cover and info and everyone is find. Now it only downloads the info. In fact, when I try to apply my own cover (from a file) it won't even do it. Like I said i gotta "thing" about this and its going to drive me crazy... :mad:

Thanks,
Indybird

jdbnsn
06-17-2007, 02:21 AM
Have you tried using Gracenote?

Indybird
06-18-2007, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I don't want to use gracenote, I want to get wmp album art working...

jdbnsn
06-18-2007, 01:02 AM
Try this (http://www.avsoft.nl/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5&Itemid=4) utility, should fix it up. And it's free.

Indybird
06-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Is there any way to fix it? I don't exactly want to replace it...

jdbnsn
06-21-2007, 11:33 PM
Did you try the above utility? It claims to fix this problem.

Indybird
06-22-2007, 01:24 AM
Ya, and sorry I forgot to thank you, but you have to do it manually. You do a google-search in the program, find the album art, save it to your desktop, select the downloaded picture and it will assign it to the album. Thanks again, but I didn't like how it worked.

-Indybird

Bucko
06-23-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm having problems with WMP11 too. The other day it crashed and now there reckons there is no files in the library, even if I try adding them manually. It will play them ok and show up in the now playing tab, but no dice with the library.
I've even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, but it didn't help either.

Any suggestions?

jdbnsn
06-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Where are you guys storing your albums? I would attempt moving all of your albums to another location, uninstall, re-install, and load the library from the new location. It's a shot in the dark but it's worked for me before.

andymushu
06-28-2007, 12:20 AM
i accidentally deleted the cover art for one of my albums a couple weeks ago and a little googling found me seekacover dot com. just search for your album, right click the picture, copy, then right click where the album art should be in wmp and it should have a paste cover art option. hope this helps.

Indybird
06-29-2007, 01:34 AM
I can do that, but normally wmp automatically does that once it finds the info. Now it doesnt...

AJ@PR
06-29-2007, 08:00 AM
Indy, can you roll back to a previous Windows Media Player?
Not the latest, but previous versions?

I'm betting it's a MS patch that screwed up your system/setup.

I'm trying to come up with useful answers, as I'm tempted to say "Switch to WinAmp", but, if you're set in WMP, then WMP it is.

This might sound stupid and/or I might have missed it on previous posts (I re-read), do your folders actually contain the album art image?
Or are they deleted into oblivion?

:)

Indybird
06-30-2007, 12:10 AM
The album are pictures aren't there (yes, I have system files visible) and never were, it just doesn't get them from their database. I hadn't installed anything special in between when it worked and didn't so it wasn't caused by me. If it was some MS update, then what should i do?

Thanks,
Indybird

jdbnsn
06-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Which version of WMP are you using?

Indybird
06-30-2007, 03:04 AM

jdbnsn
06-30-2007, 03:30 PM
I think that is the problem more than anything else. Have you tried the above suggestions? The rollback to 9 is probably the best option at this point.

Indybird
07-01-2007, 12:24 AM
I think that is the problem more than anything else. Have you tried the above suggestions? The rollback to 9 is probably the best option at this point.

Does 9 even use album art? I mean when viewing the library? I thought 11 was the first to do that...

jdbnsn
07-01-2007, 12:27 AM
No, but the idea is to back up your library, rollback to 9, re-install 11, and re-import your albums to see if it helps. Sometimes this works, sometimes not.

Indybird
07-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Actually i just realized something, I can't roll back, I have Vista. WMP 11 is all that comes with it... This is kinda starting to annoy me, maybe ill go make a post on MS forums as well. Thanks for the help so far...

-Indybird

Bucko
07-02-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm still having no luck getting stuff in my library even though I have moved all the music back to the c: drive and rolled back to WMP9, then back to WMP11.

jdbnsn
07-02-2007, 01:07 AM
Hmmm, that is strange. MS forums is probably a good bet. I don't use 11, I use WMP9 with WinXP Media Center 2005 and it stores all the art no problem. I guess I'm out of ideas at the moment.

Indybird
07-02-2007, 01:42 AM
Once again, thanx for sticking around to help me. I'd give you some more rep but it won't let me :(

Indybird
09-09-2007, 02:12 AM
Hey waddya know, it works now: it automatically downloads the album art. I didn't change one thing in Windows Media Player or internet related settings. Well, as long as it doesn't go out randomly again...

-Indybird