PDA

View Full Version : what would be the perfect OS

rakuza
06-19-2007, 06:16 AM
you are aloud to add fetures to this perfect opperating system from other os's so to start the boat i would want

osX minus the dock, any use of the apple any where,widgets
os 9.2 (apple before osx) use that file organisational system its alot more simple
and last ninja directx10 (because opengl is old and hasnt been touched since doom3 for mac)and the windows gadgets (aero can stay with windows as osx has a less powerhungry versions)

nil8
06-19-2007, 10:15 AM
One that works, is stable, easy to manage, utilizes hardware, has industry support enough to run software & games efficiently and without error. That's my perfect OS.
That's also a big pipe dream and will always be unless you had some type of facist company that locked down their hardware and software so tightly, that the possibility of error is minimal, like apple.

Mitternacht
06-19-2007, 10:53 AM
A server OS that backs-up correctly and doesn't lose Fax and E-Mail service randomly (aka my server at work)

A desktop OS that is visually customizable in every aspect so you don't need programs like StyleXP.

intergalacticman
06-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Windows 2000 with the game support of windows vista and xp.

Luke122
06-19-2007, 02:52 PM
The cost of Linux, the stability of a Mac, the compatibility of a Windows machine, and the ease of use of an etch-a-sketch.

:D

Helix666
06-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Stability of *nix, beauty of Linux, number of games as Windows.
Oh, and the ability to self heal whenever I mess with something and bork it. :rolleyes:

Airbozo
06-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Yes the stability bar has long been set by different unix flavors. MacOS is not even in the same ballpark although it is better than Winblows since it IS based off of FreeBSD.

SO yeah, the stability and security of UNIX, TRIX to be exact (look that one up). I agree with Helix on the other 2, Plenty of games, and self healing ability.
PLUS the ability to self install with all the right settings and features, the ability to find its own necessary patches, no DRM, and the ability to scale the system resource for the particular task at hand...

slytherock
06-19-2007, 05:38 PM
And the software errors troubleshooting of Windows or better. At least MS never say: An unexpected error has occur... It always build a repport on the issue

.Maleficus.
06-19-2007, 06:13 PM
I'll just restate what everyone else already said.

1. Compatibility of Windows.
2. Everything else Linux.

Virus free, ease of use, customization, games, stability are all a must.

moon111
06-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Dos

rakuza
06-19-2007, 11:10 PM
i have a new one a setting in the prefances where in a hit of a button it optimises for servers instead of having to buy 1 operating system to use and another one for servers

the ablity for people to code non malicious plugins (which a freely downloadible(like wow))

basic sum up:

must be stable like unix
as cheap as linux
gives you a full report on what happens when something crashes(which it shouldnt)
must have pretty useful features
locked down against bugs viruses and other evil things
must have the QA of apple so that there are no faults in the softwear
must have a trouble shooter like windows

Gho$t
07-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Dos

AGREED!!!

A dos operating system capable of loading all your drivers (nvidia, cd-roms, sound, etc) as well as loading direct X. Without the overhead of a gui it would be blazing fast and as stable as unix. (it's a command line after all)

lominono
07-06-2007, 07:57 PM
palmOS just expanded up to the capabilities of say vista or osx.

simplicity

Cymae
07-08-2007, 03:06 AM
it has to be massive multiplayer and online :P