PDA

View Full Version : Back from the dead... again !

GT40_GearHead
06-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Some may have noticed my absence (and i know a few did)

Well i had another close call, I discovered i had appendicitis.
i started to have really bad abdominal pains around 11:30 PM Tuesday night (12 June)
In that morning I started vomiting real bad, like every 30 minutes, my stomach was empty but this would green thing would keep getting out
The next day came, there was no change in my state, the vomiting routine remained constant

To cut a long story short, i phoned my girlfriend at about 12:30 pm (Wednesday 13 june), i don't remember what i said to her but she told i was incoherent(probably from the severe dehydration that i later found) and kept telling her i was vomiting

So she freaked out, and came at my place, phoned my mom and got me to the emergency room, they slapped me with a couple of those thing they put in your vanes to hydrate me, did a blood test and found my white cell count to be 22000 per something, the normal would be 8000

sent me to surgery to extract my appendix, they said it was ruptured and gangrened !

here are a few pics:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g209/GT40_GearHead/1fe69620.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g209/GT40_GearHead/20d0d534.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g209/GT40_GearHead/33e58a96.jpg

i came home today :banana:

so you like my WC colling :D

slytherock
06-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Glad to see you're ok. Welcome home!

rendermandan
06-21-2007, 09:12 AM
wow, close call. if you had waited much longer, we wouldn't be writing this about you.

I thought I had an apendicitis, so they did an MRI and found out I have Chrons Disease. I wish it were an apendicitis, at least they can go in and remove that, heal and your done. Mine will be with me the rest of my life. JOY!

Bucko
06-21-2007, 09:16 AM
OooooH! Impressive! When does the UV reactive fluid go in?

Glad you're out and feeling better (I hope). Hospital sure does suck.

xRyokenx
06-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Glad that you found that out before it was too late. Weclome back! I have never stayed in a hospital for anything serious myself, but I do agree with Bucko.

simon275
06-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Scary stuff

Good to see you are well.

Crimson Sky
06-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Same thing happened to me when I was 23. Rupture and resulting perotonitis. Have a nice scar from it too. Priest was with my family because I was close to death. I barely beat the Grim Reaper that day, I tell ya.

Ohhh..nice..that hose coming out of him is connected to a rubber squeeze ball and its usually called a Jackson Pratt. Its draining all the yucky stuff from the infected area using suction. When they pulled it out of me it felt like it was about 10' long, when it was only a few inches.

GET WELL SOON!!!

Ironcat
06-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Does this mean Minty's back??? Yay us!

I had the same deal Crimson (rupture and infection) except they actually had a STUDENT pulling my JP and when I started saying ouch, she stopped halfway so then had to start again... not fun.
I left the hospital early because I thought I was fine and tried doing the brakes on my van that same day... then went back to the hospital with bleeding that night...

I forget what it's called right now but they did mine the "microsurgery" way with little teeny instruments and cameras on sticks... I somehow eneded up with an even bigger scar than normal and it's on the wrong side!!!

Omega
06-21-2007, 07:43 PM
So... Where's the three 120mm fan radiator? ;)

Crimson Sky
06-21-2007, 08:35 PM
I forget what it's called right now but they did mine the "microsurgery" way with little teeny instruments and cameras on sticks... I somehow eneded up with an even bigger scar than normal and it's on the wrong side!!!

Owwie. I have a 9" high x1" wide scar from that little incident. I tell kids at the beach it was from a shark. Pretty funny cause I do the Quint voice when I tell 'em.

"And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'"

AJ@PR
06-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Sweet Lord buddy!!

Glad to know you're on your way to recovery! :D

Ironcat
06-21-2007, 10:34 PM
I tell kids at the beach it was from a shark.

LOL I tell them it was Freddy Kreuger!

GT40_GearHead
06-22-2007, 02:56 AM
Glad to see you're ok. Welcome home!

Its great to be back :bunny:

wow, close call. if you had waited much longer, we wouldn't be writing this about you.
I thought I had an apendicitis, so they did an MRI and found out I have Chrons Disease. I wish it were an apendicitis, at least they can go in and remove that, heal and your done. Mine will be with me the rest of my life. JOY!

tell me about it, i was lucky Anna was home !
Chrons Disease... that sucks, and there isn't any way to treat it ???

OooooH! Impressive! When does the UV reactive fluid go in?
Glad you're out and feeling better (I hope). Hospital sure does suck.

I decided to put gas it :D

Glad that you found that out before it was too late. Weclome back! I have never stayed in a hospital for anything serious myself, but I do agree with Bucko.

well the hospital was ...ok I was lucky to end up in a small room with only 3 beds, the others had something like 5 or 6, they are much bigger but its bad, on guy is in pain, the other screams and so on

I was alone for the whole of my stay :banana:

Scary stuff

Good to see you are well.

Its great to see you guys again !

Same thing happened to me when I was 23. Rupture and resulting perotonitis. Have a nice scar from it too. Priest was with my family because I was close to death. I barely beat the Grim Reaper that day, I tell ya.

damn you where close :neutral: why the hell didn't you go to the hospital earlier ???

Ohhh..nice..that hose coming out of him is connected to a rubber squeeze ball and its usually called a Jackson Pratt. Its draining all the yucky stuff from the infected area using suction. When they pulled it out of me it felt like it was about 10' long, when it was only a few inches.

GET WELL SOON!!!

man i can relate with the hose thing, and it hurts to when the pull it out!!! mine was about 15 cm long i measured it lol but i thought it was meters :dead:

ooh, i forgot to mention, i was awake during the operation, the damn thing is SO weird, you can feel EVERY BLOODY thing he is doing :hurt:

I had an apendectomy when I was 10.. Mine was almost ruptured.. Glad you came out OK otherwise.

-J

i wish i would have had my mine when i was younger....

HEY, you back !!!!!!!!! :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Does this mean Minty's back??? Yay us!

I had the same deal Crimson (rupture and infection) except they actually had a STUDENT pulling my JP and when I started saying ouch, she stopped halfway so then had to start again... not fun.
I left the hospital early because I thought I was fine and tried doing the brakes on my van that same day... then went back to the hospital with bleeding that night...

man you are brave, and nuts, you tried doing your brakes ?!?!?!

So... Where's the three 120mm fan radiator? ;)

i thought i would try a bit of silent computing :D

Owwie. I have a 9" high x1" wide scar from that little incident. I tell kids at the beach it was from a shark. Pretty funny cause I do the Quint voice when I tell 'em.

how the hell did you get a 9" scar........you tell them is from a shark....Quint voice........BLOOOODY LOL

"And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'"

how the hell did you get a 9" scar........you tell them is from a shark....Quint voice........BLOOOODY LOL

Sweet Lord buddy!!

Glad to know you're on your way to recovery! :D

thanks man ! slowly i'm recovering

LOL I tell them it was Freddy Kreuger!

you guys crack me up =))

thanks for all the support, you can't imagine how happy i was when read all of your posts !!!

now for a small update:

yesterday i went to get my stitches removed, yey, the first one came out ok, but the second spited, Noo,

its something like this:

--|---|---|---|--

the red bar is the one that came out ok, now:

--|---\---|---|--

the slash is the one that did not heal right, the they cut it the skin split all the way to the neighboring stitches
So they left the rest there, and told me to come after 4 or 5 days....JOY..:(

.Maleficus.
06-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Glad to see you're ok man.

Have you gone to get the rest of the stitches out yet?

GT40_GearHead
06-24-2007, 10:22 AM
not yet, the mo'fo' won't close all the way !

and tomorrow my exams start, so stitches are staying for a while

Bucko
09-27-2007, 07:31 AM
Hey GT. I see you are online at the moment. Where have you been hiding lately and how are you feeling?