PDA

View Full Version : They should make a BIOs site

Greco101
06-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Where you choose your setup and it generates the settings
My cards come tomorrow and I'm stressing about these new bios. The most I've ever done was tell it there was no floppy :hurt: and that was with baaaaasic bios. :(

.Maleficus.
06-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Wait, what? What exactly are you talking about?

Why would you stress about BIOS? For a graphics card nonetheless. It's not programming or anything... I imagine the most you'll do is make the first boot device your CD drive and disable floppy. BIOS is not some system configuration file. BIOS is "Basic Input Output System". It just tells the system how to operate/what to do when there isn't an OS.

You don't even have to mess with settings if you don't want to. I'm sure you'll be fine when your cards come.

Omega
06-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Huh, I always thought it was Built-In Operating System.

Ah well, same diff.

.Maleficus.
06-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Huh, I always thought it was Built-In Operating System.

Ah well, same diff.
Yeah, pretty much. Either way it shouldn't cause too much trouble.

LiTHiUM0XiD3
06-24-2007, 08:02 PM
lolz only one thing to worry about with a bios... if ya reflashin it..... its a rly bad idea to have a power outage/crash while doing it..
could leave ya stuff screwed fer life..
thats rly the only thing to worry about..

Crimson Sky
06-24-2007, 09:36 PM
you don't have to touch anything in the bios for installing graphix cards. all the drivers are controlled by the OS.

Spawn-Inc
06-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Where you choose your setup and it generates the settings
My cards come tomorrow and I'm stressing about these new bios. The most I've ever done was tell it there was no floppy :hurt: and that was with baaaaasic bios. :(

i agree! i like the blue with yellow writing bios. this style

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/hermanzone/p1/1bios.gif

isn't bios where everyone changes the clock speeds and other oc stuff?

slytherock
06-24-2007, 10:02 PM
i agree! i like the blue with yellow writing bios. this style

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/hermanzone/p1/1bios.gif

isn't bios where everyone changes the clock speeds and other oc stuff?

Yeah!!! (drooling) isn't that wonderfull... :p

Greco101
06-24-2007, 10:57 PM
No, I still havent loaded windows on my new pc. I'm just saying I wont be doing it until tomorrow when I get my video card.

I saw some screen shots of these bios and it scared me a little because it's new territory - I've never even seen the phoenix award bios until the screens i saw on a website.