PDA

View Full Version : "Is Your Son a Computer Hacker?"

Zephik
07-03-2007, 12:02 AM
http://www.adequacy.org/stories/2001.12.2.42056.2147.html

oh man, that was just about the funniest thing I have ever read. Thats almost as good as the tv news story about "leet speak".

Twenty bucks says Fox News will pick this story up and broadcast it as some "epidemic" problem. Any takers? :p

B1Gtime
07-03-2007, 12:16 AM
ha, that was pretty funny. I dont got $20 to spend lol

Cool find
+rep

Spawn-Inc
07-03-2007, 12:18 AM
3. Has your child asked for new hardware?

Computer hackers are often limited by conventional computer hardware. They may request "faster" video cards, and larger hard drives, or even more memory. If your son starts requesting these devices, it is possible that he has a legitimate need. You can best ensure that you are buying legal, trustworthy hardware by only buying replacement parts from your computer's manufacturer.

If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.

haha thats the best. +rep.

b4i7
07-03-2007, 12:26 AM
haha...thx SF... i was nearly crying i was laughin so hard

slytherock
07-03-2007, 01:01 AM
OMG, I can't believe it. It can't be true. I own several AMD... :eek:
And I use Flash
but seriously, this is unbelievable:

They may also be used to break into people's stereos to steal their music
ROLF

Commando
07-03-2007, 03:02 AM
Popular hacker software includes "Comet Cursor", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash".

Oh sh*T that's why I could never understand Flash, I thought it was for web graphics.

This has got to be BS. Thumbing through that article and comments is 5 min of my life I'll never get back.

SgtM
07-03-2007, 03:16 AM
proxy has it blocked at work.. I'll have to check this out tomorrow at home. LMAO @ #3 though.

nil8
07-03-2007, 09:14 AM
LOL. Old, but great find. I've never seen that before.

"The Cathedral and the Bazaar" by Eric S. Raymond
I'm a hacker!

For those of you who don't get this reference. This was one of the GPL writers doing a sociological analysis of the differences between traditional software developement(Cathedral) and the open source community's software development model(Bazaar). It's a great read for any nerd who like studying people.

"Hackers tend to dress in bright, day-glo colors."
I'm totally wearing day glo yellow and orange at the moment. Oh, and I have rollerblades too.
Roflcopter.

Mitternacht
07-03-2007, 09:19 AM
If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.

What a treehugger....

Helix666
07-03-2007, 09:36 AM
I use AMD, Flash. I've read "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" by Eric S. Raymond.
I'm always getting newer hardware.
I suck at sports, and I'm argumentitive...
()|\/|6... 1'/\/\ 4 l337 h4x0r...

That has either got to be satire, or someone needs to read Rule 9.

Rule 9: "For gods sake, stop taking yourself so seriously."

calumc
07-03-2007, 10:27 AM
excuse me while i go on a killing spree using the training ''in the use of various firearms.'' that i recieved in quake.
Wish me luck!

Luke122
07-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Author:
T Reginald Gibbons
Topic:
Internet Idiocy
Posted:
Dec 02, 2001

I think the topic says it all....

XcOM
07-03-2007, 11:35 AM
OMFG, now i know why im a hacker:

I've read half them books he mentions, and i LOVE quake:

6. Does your son use Quake?

Quake is an online virtual reality used by hackers. It is a popular meeting place and training ground, where they discuss hacking and train in the use of various firearms. Many hackers develop anti-social tendencies due to the use of this virtual world, and it may cause erratic behaviour at home and at school.

If your son is using Quake, you should make hime understand that this is not acceptable to you. You should ensure all the firearms in your house are carefully locked away, and have trigger locks installed. You should also bring your concerns to the attention of his school.

OMFG, Linux is illegal??????

BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker named Linyos Torovoltos, before the Russians lost the Cold War.

/jk

This has got to be a prank, Please tell me its a prank.

.Maleficus.
07-03-2007, 11:51 AM
I sure hope it's a prank.

Lets see here...

Flash....check.
Quake....check
Linux.... holy check.
New hardware.... check.
Bright clothing.... check.

So I _am_ a hacker... I've always wondered that..

XcOM
07-03-2007, 11:56 AM
I sure hope it's a prank.

So I _am_ a hacker... I've always wondered that..

Welcome to the club my friend

Mitternacht
07-03-2007, 12:56 PM
$hit, man. Don't you remember? We're all hackers! (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6328)

gaz_the_chav
07-04-2007, 04:06 PM
What a load of **** is this what the world is coming to. IMO that guy can **** off! Jerk

-gaz

PS Is this serious?

Indybird
07-08-2007, 08:05 PM
I have one word in response to this article: BS
. I can't believe I just read that load of crap. It sounds to me like his son is a computer gamer and has one or two "punk" friends. Holy #%$&, I don't even know where to start. I love the stuff about Linux, that was amazing. My favorite part was this:

f your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.

I almost died laughing reading that serious piece of text.

If this is a joke, which I actually don't think it is, then that is amazing. If he's serious, I feel really bad for his children. That was quite possibly the biggest load of BS I've ever read in my life.

+rep for a great find!

-Indybird

Cagedconnerman
07-09-2007, 01:54 AM
hmm, he spelled "lunix" wrong :)

xmastree
07-09-2007, 10:04 AM
If this is a joke, which I actually don't think it is, then that is amazing.Of course it's a joke... Check some of the linked text, like spanking for example (but not at work...)

xRyokenx
07-09-2007, 07:56 PM
I feel like going to that guy's house and havin' a good ol' HAMMATIME, lol. What a moron, you don't need a kickass PC to hack people's computers as far as I know, just to use demanding programs, like games. It's funny how ignorant people can be and think they know stuff. The Earth is a crazy planet, no?

DaJe
07-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Twenty bucks says Fox News will pick this story up and broadcast it as some "epidemic" problem. Any takers? :p

Well, they haven't for the YEARS that the article has existed.

doesi87
07-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Well, they haven't for the YEARS that the article has existed.

Yes, don't you see. All the hackers went into the fox servers and stopped them. They used this bad linux. Heard there are many variations around today. How could fox have any chance to compete with them?

Helix666
07-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Yes, don't you see. All the hackers went into the fox servers and stopped them. They used this bad linux. Heard there are many variations around today. How could fox have any chance to compete with them?

*cough*
*splutter*
Ha... Bwahahaaa!
*ahem*
*goes and gets a cloth to try and clean the tea out of the keyboard*

simon275
07-13-2007, 01:55 AM
I should print out like a dozen copies and go to a mothers meting and hand them out.

calumc
07-13-2007, 07:41 AM
i showed this to my mother, she thought it was deadly serious until the dayglo clothes part!

Drew
07-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Superb.

Great find, made my day.

+rep that man.