PDA

View Full Version : strange rapid ticking noise when opening a specific game

Greco101
07-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Delta Force Black Hawk Down.

I've been having odd problems with it such as when using fraps, the video turns out like this:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/BlackS3ven/untitled-2.jpg

Now when I try opening the game (even with volume muted) it makes a loud noise as if plugging speakers into a input with juice going through it already. (kinda like stomping your foot on wood flooring?) then it starts a rappid tick.

Maybe because it's an old game? I'm gunna try re-installing it but I figured I'd post the problem here anyways because theres many of you that know the cause of random problems.

jdbnsn
07-05-2007, 06:26 PM
lol, don't take this the wrong way but you have a hell of a time with your rig! Are you using a soundcard? Sounds like it could be soundcard driver problem.

Moofaa
07-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Is it just that game? IE can you play music, dvd's and other games just fine?

Probably a driver issue. I had a similar problem once, but it was due to a short in a cable, which would get vibrated when I had the sub cranked up and cause popping noises.

Greco101
07-05-2007, 07:13 PM
lol, don't take this the wrong way but you have a hell of a time with your rig! Are you using a soundcard? Sounds like it could be soundcard driver problem.

Well this my 1st problem with my custom but my old HP became a nightmare after 5-6 years.

Ya, I have the omega claro (http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16829271002)

Is it just that game? IE can you play music, dvd's and other games just fine?
Probably a driver issue. I had a similar problem once, but it was due to a short in a cable, which would get vibrated when I had the sub cranked up and cause popping noises.

It's only that one game. I was playing it just fine a few days ago. Other games and music play beautifully.

jdbnsn
07-05-2007, 07:17 PM
I have had numerous issues with specific games and drivers. Try searching the game's website in the FAQ or support section to see if anyone else had this problem. That is usually how I get these things fixed.

simon275
07-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Delta Force Black Hawk Down good game that. It is not old it works fine under XP. Hmm sounds like a driver problem maybe try and reinstall all your drivers.

Also sometimes screen capture programs wont work with some games due to openGL screwyness.

I think you have busted your speakers somehow mate. Maybe try swaping them out just to see if it is the speakers themselves.