PDA

View Full Version : anybody here have PSP experience?

Mitternacht
07-09-2007, 10:53 PM
I've acquired a bricked PSP for free. I dont have a battery or a mem stick yet. When I plug it into the power adapter and try to turn it on, the green power LED just flashes and that's it. Now I heard modchips can unbrick PSP's, but it sounds like that would solve a flash error or a downgrade error. Would it help me out in this case? I dont wanna register accounts other places and ask like a noob to them, because those topics that could of helped me were never answered.

xRyokenx
07-09-2007, 11:13 PM
What do you mean by "bricked"? If it's like a locked one or something where they don't want you to use an unauthorized one (sorry for the vagueness, vocab. took a dump) then I'd be careful...

...and sorry, no experience with PSPs. Good luck though. :D

EDIT: Just realized what bricked means, it means like a brick, it doesn't do anything but sit there, durr! lol

ghoul
07-09-2007, 11:26 PM
i use to big in the psps sence and there are some program (free) that claimed to fix bricked psps ive never tryed them as i havnt bricked one before.

id go check out www.psp-stuff.com if i were you might find something there. also im pretty sure your gonna need a memory stick to fix it.

one thing you could try is putting one of the personal fimrwares on a memory stick (3.02 oe, 3.02 oe-b or the 2.7 range might do) and then turn it on and hold down the right trigger and it may come up with a blue screen with some options and one will be like boot back to 1.5 fw or something along those lines.

Luke122
07-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Bricked PSP's usually need a modchip to repair them. You can try ghoul's suggestion though.

I've got some experience with downgraders and homebrew stuff, but I havent bricked one yet. (and I've done 10 or so)

One thing to consider.. I've seen downgraders that drop the brightness of the screen to 0. Try turning up the brightness to see if that solves it.. could be that simple!

Do you get any sound from it?

Bucko
07-09-2007, 11:41 PM
What the hell does "Bricked" mean?

Spawn-Inc
07-09-2007, 11:47 PM
one thing you could try is putting one of the personal fimrwares on a memory stick (3.02 oe, 3.02 oe-b or the 2.7 range might do) and then turn it on and hold down the right trigger and it may come up with a blue screen with some options and one will be like boot back to 1.5 fw or something along those lines.

thats what this youtube video i found does.

i found this,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CV4YXxIsXgE&mode=related&search

Mitternacht
07-09-2007, 11:48 PM
It wont turn on though. the LED flashes once and thats it. Any suggestions?

Drum Thumper
07-10-2007, 03:40 AM
What the hell does "Bricked" mean?

Bricked, borked, bonked, went to data heaven, etc etc etc.

Bricked also means that's what it would best be used for, a brick (paperweight).

Luke122
07-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Some of the PSP forums suggest trying to hold the power button on for 5-10 secs. Might be worth a shot.. modchips runs in the $65-90 range, plus shipping, and with the time spent installing/risk, they still might not help.

Greco101
07-12-2007, 06:05 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PkhIUKd5o_Y&mode=related&search=

Lame how people can be such pricks and ruin things people paid for out of their own pockets.