PDA

View Full Version : Free CA Antivirus software, after rebate @ Tiger Direct

Commando
07-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Hey everybody,

I ran across this today. Free CA antivirus software from Tiger Direct with rebate.

Just thought it was a good deal.

CA PC Protection 2007 single user bundle (http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=UB9gozaFrmc&offerid=101304.2479584&type=2&subid=0)

Drum Thumper
07-10-2007, 04:42 PM
I ran CA for about a week. YMMV, but I found it to be horrible. Switched to Active Virus Shield and after a couple of tweaks, I'm loving it.

Commando
07-10-2007, 05:28 PM
I've used CA in the past and it did great. I'm using Symantec right now because I get it free at work.

CA is the top rated antivirus software on CNet. That's where I first heard of it.

I'm not really endorsing anything. I just thought it sounded like a good deal.

TheGreatSatan
07-10-2007, 06:03 PM
I Only use AVG

.Maleficus.
07-10-2007, 06:24 PM
I might check that deal out actually. Right now I only use stuff I can get for free (avast Home, AVG, etc.) but hey, you can never have enough virus software if you're using Windows.

Guttenaffe
07-12-2007, 03:42 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: CA is the AV AOL gives its users so I'm sure it is the best money and functional anti-virus you can get!! ;) ;) ...

On a side note: :devious: Is this a hardware deal? :p

Go with Avast Free or AVG Free (as they don't cost anything from the get go, so no renewal cost for updates)

oh and I love the listed warranty heh

This Item's Warranty is:
- 12 Months Parts
- 12 Months Labor
Warranty provided by
- Computer Associates
- View Warranty Info

sure hope no parts would be needed if you had software issues...

Redundant
07-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I Only use AVG
Me too; that and Windows Defender and I haven't gotten a virus in over a year. :banana:

I'd also like to point out that Windows Firewall is on and I use NoScript and Adblock in Mozilla Firefox.