PDA

View Full Version : Review: NZXT Lexa Blackline

Indybird
07-10-2007, 06:06 PM
I know for a fact that the NZXT Lexa is not only a hugely popular case in general, but theres a lot of people here at TBCS who love it all the same. NZXT has announced the NZXT Lexa Blackline, which takes the Lexa to a whole new level of badassery. Black Finish, Reflective Black Front and a red lighting scheme. Other changes include pre-drilled external watercooling holes and 8800GTX Compatibility. If I wasn't starting my Porsche mod, I'd be all over the Blackline.

http://www.nzxt.com/image/1/19/

Here it is on NZXT's site. (http://www.nzxt.com/products/lexa_blackline/)

I can't wait to see it in person, what do you guys think?

-Indybird

Zephik
07-10-2007, 07:59 PM
That is effing awesome.

I possibly like the Blackline version 200% more than the original!

Blackline and the Adamas (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146031), Nzxt is putting out some very attractive cases lately! The Nzxt "Hush" (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146035) is pretty neat too.

Did anyone else also think of "good" and "evil" when comparing the original Lexa with the new version? :p

You could also look at this as the gaming version of the Lexa, whereas the original is the "classy" version. I definitely like this version more though, enough, that I might consider buying it if its not too expensive.

neato (http://www.futurelooks.com/454-COMPUTEX-2007-Spotlight---NZXT.html)

onelegout
07-11-2007, 05:22 PM
HOT!
I've got the original sitting next to me right now!

It seems to me though that they just moved the hard drive bay a little to the side, used a black front panel instead of brushed aluminium, and drilled holes in it.... oh and put red LEDs in it instead of blue...
I might mod mine to look like this new version :D

Indybird
07-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Heres another one:
http://www.futurelooks.com/uploads/454/nzxt2007computex1.jpg

Zephik
07-12-2007, 05:38 PM
When is the release date of this baby? Is there a price tag available yet?

zomg, Indybird you have effing creepy timing!! :P

Indybird
07-12-2007, 06:23 PM
When is the release date of this baby? Is there a price tag available yet?

zomg, Indybird you have effing creepy timing!! :P

Mid-July. If you get it, please give lots of pics and a long review

Zephik
07-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Mid-July. If you get it, please give lots of pics and a long review

Well it depends on how much it costs. If its too much, I'll just save up a little more and get the Nzxt Adamas. But I need to be looking at a new case here sometime soon, I really want to start rebuilding my PC (and modding of course, but not from scratch, F that lol). My laptop is great, but I've deemed it "non-upgradable". The processor just barely cuts it, the ram would of been good if I didn't cancel my 1gig DDR order (pff, $80USD, forget it!) and the graphics chip is only as good as a weaker version of a Radeon 300SE. I need something with more power! I want a minimum of;

Dual Core Processing
1GB DDR2 Memory
320GB HDD
X1650XT GPU
...or if possible, something around the same price, but is DX10 ready.

and last but by far not least, I want the freaking option of overclocking for once in my life! lol damnit, I hate dells!

So if the Blackline isn't too pricey, hell yea I'll buy it. The only reason why I didn't buy a Lexa classic is because the front isn't real metal. I hate that kind of stuff! Either build it out of real metal, preferably brushed aluminum, or don't have it at all. ...like the Blackline.

Although I will say, if one of us were to put on a "sticker" that was to give the illusion of metal, that would of been totally rad! :p

So I'm guessing that there is no price tag available yet? Funny, so close to launching, you think they would at least hint at a price tag.

Indybird
07-12-2007, 08:38 PM
I bet it will be like $150. The lexa is $129.99 and this has a couple nice additions. Since $150 is still $50 short of the adamas, this is still an option.

Zephik
07-12-2007, 10:36 PM
I bet it will be like $150. The lexa is $129.99 and this has a couple nice additions. Since $150 is still $50 short of the adamas, this is still an option.

lol oh man... that is one effing tough decision! I'll have to look at review after review on both products, although, the Blackline will probably only have one review if that for awhile. Depends on if Nzxt let anyone review the case pre-release. Hopefully they did.

But then again.... I do have $150USD right now that I can spend on whatever I want. AND I've always wanted a gaming tower, which the Adamas is not. Well, it could be, but it doesn't have the gaming tower look like the Blackline very much does. Man thats tough, because I've been very much against plastic lately and very much into all-aluminum, especially very THICK aluminum.

Damn, I'm lustfully discussing to myself about a computer CASE. a computer case. wow. I've never felt so geeky as I do right now. lol

What will my family say? "Why on earth would you spend $150 dollars on a computer case? and especially THAT computer case! are you nuts??" :rolleyes:

just thought of something...

Lexa Classic = Aluminum = Desirable
Lexa Blackline = Steel = Not as desirable

I wonder if that will play into the price tag at all?? I was looking through a few other forums and people were saying that they wish the Blackline was in aluminum (chassis wise). Some were even saying that because its not, they aren't interested. If they don't lower the price... maybe Newegg will put out a rebate or instant savings preferably to lower it down to the original lexa's price tag. Hmmm...

Btw, whats cheaper? Aluminum or Steel?

Also, as for the weight of the Blackline, I LOVE that. Idk why, but I like heavy cases. I guess it makes me feel somewhat more like I got more for my money's worth. or maybe I just like heavy cases, idk. lol

Indybird
07-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Dont worry about the not-so-real aluminum front too much. As long as you keep it waxed and polished it will look absolutely beautiful. If you don't polish it, it will scratch so easy you won't believe it...

-Indybird

Zephik
07-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Interesting...

http://forums.xsreviews.co.uk/showthread.php?p=20891

Hmmm... wait... what? Did I read that right?? I'm pretty sure, although I'm not completely certain, that it says $99USD... But its a UK website... but then again, it says "Los Angeles, CA - June 29th, 2007". Also, the UK uses the British pound don't they? Which has its own symbol. --> £

I don't know which emoticon to use! The happy banana or the confused question mark?

:think:

More Pics! (http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1660097&page=5&pp=15)

CONFIRMATION THROUGH GMAIL

I emailed "Zenphic" of Hardwarezone.com and he/she confirmed (very quickly might I add, thanks Zenphic!) that the $99 price tag that was mentioned in the post is in fact, USD, otherwise known as the United States Dollar. Thats around 48 British Pounds for those of you across the "pond". He/she acquired this information through a newsletter from Nzxt. ...which I am now signing up for. :)

It is time. Time... to do the happy banana dance!

:banana:

http://www.nzxt.com/images/blackline.banner.jpg

Los Angeles, CA - June 29th, 2007 -
NZXT, a company built upon gamer's dreams, is proud to announce its
addition to the high end Gaming Classic series, the Lexa Blackline
Performance Steel Mid Tower Chassis.

"We have always wanted to design a mean looking chassis and the original
Lexa was perfect for this, with new features like the pre-drilled water
cooling and glossy black finish the LEXA Blackline should prove to be a
great mid range chassis for gamers.." said Johnny Hou, Chief Designer at
NZXT.

Features include: The Lexa BlackLine is equipped two 120mm red LED fan
and one 80mm black fan. It has removable dust filters to keep dust out
of your case, cable organization system via. Rear cage, pre-drilled
holes makes it water cooling ready, all in a 1.0mm steel chassis with
reflective piano black gloss finish.

The LEXA BlackLine Performance Steel Mid Tower chassis will be available
in retail stores mid of July 2007 at $99 online.

Indybird
07-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Wow, this page is second on google for "NZXT Lexa Blackline"!
Also, my friend absolutely loved my case and he loves black and red. When I showed him this he freaked out, hes going to get it as soon as it comes out...

-Indybird

Zephik
07-15-2007, 02:15 AM
Wow, this page is second on google for "NZXT Lexa Blackline"!
Also, my friend absolutely loved my case and he loves black and red. When I showed him this he freaked out, hes going to get it as soon as it comes out...

-Indybird

Ha! So it is! Awesome. Especially since its just you and me being total geeks, slobbering over a computer case that hasn't even been released or reviewed yet. :rolleyes:

Nice, I'm having a tough decision on whether I want the Blackline or the blue led version of the Blackline. I might go with the red led version, since EVERYONE has blue leds anymore.

no led = average joe
blue led = conformist joe
red led = uber joe

:p

Zephik
07-15-2007, 06:06 AM
Heard a rumor today, the Blackline MIGHT come out tomorrow! That is, Monday the 16th of July.

I HOPE ITS TRUE!!

Indybird
07-15-2007, 03:43 PM
as of right now the blue-LED/Original Lexa is actually more expensive than the red one! I cant wait until my friend gets it! I while ago I used to think NZXT was some low-quality off-brand company but now they're kinda known for quality, esp. by me.

Im wondering tho, why hasnt anybody other than me, you and onelegout posted here? This is so uber, why wouldn't people want this!?

-Indybird

Zephik
07-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Ha, I should of seen that coming. Makes sense though, the Blue LED version will attract a larger group of people compared to the much more sexy, Red LED version. Bad for them, good for me. :)

The Nzxt Adamas is nothing but quality, as to the reason why its their flagship. To me, the Nzxt Adamas comes dangerously close to surpassing brands such as Lian Li and Silverstone. They _almost_ had it, but not quite. I'd still choose it over Lian Li and Silverstone though, but its difficult because both of those brands have all aluminum cases that are half the price of the Adamas. Understandably though.

As for their other cases, some are low quality while the rest are in the mid range quality. There are probably a few that are of _close to_ high quality, but the Adamas is the only real high quality case they have. imo at least.

Probably, simply because Nzxt brand products or just the Lexa in general aren't appealing to them. For whatever reason that is, I'm not sure. The Lexa is very much a case that you either love or you just don't like. It's rare to find a person who uses "hate" to describe how they feel about it, I find its mostly just people who "just don't find it appealing" from the get go. From what I have learned at least.

Fine with me though, I think the Lexa is pretty sexy for its kind of case. That is, the case that is already "modded" and/or has very limited modding options. ...to the average person. I'm sure a "wizard" could totally transform the case into an awesome mod, but most people wouldn't want to and probably couldn't. A good example of that is the Lambo mod by MDCS. ...or MCDS.... or something like that. It's been sooo long since I've seen a post in that dusty thread, I don't even care to remember.

ollithemagicbum
07-15-2007, 11:25 PM
i want to get that case!!!

Indybird
07-15-2007, 11:27 PM
i want to get that case!!!

yay another Lexa lover! kudos...

ACIDMX
07-15-2007, 11:58 PM
WOW:eek:

Zephik
07-16-2007, 12:11 AM
WOW:eek:

Damn right. ;)

Only a couple more hours till we find out if my source was reliable or not!

Funny, This will be my first case that I have ever boughten. Which is probably good, because if the case isn't that great to a veteran, it will still be awesome to me! :p

Hrm...

Buy it now or reserve it now?
(http://www.xcase.co.uk/p/356644/nzxt-lexa-blackline-classic-series---no-psu.html)

Indybird
07-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Snowfire, go do a google search for NZXT Blackline now. Thats pretty funny.

ACIDMX
07-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Ahhh Blue and Black!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u292/Surreal4/Blackline.jpg

Zephik
07-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Snowfire, go do a google search for NZXT Blackline now. Thats pretty funny.

Apparently, I'm a pillar of this community. ...lol

Doesn't look like it was released today. :(

onelegout
07-16-2007, 06:20 PM
It's steel?! That's completely put me off! :(
The fact that the LEXA is aluminium was such a big bonus for it - I can imagine a steel version being *very* heavy....

Zephik
07-16-2007, 07:57 PM
It's steel?! That completely put me off! :(
The fact that the LEXA is aluminium was such a big bonus for it - I can imagine a steel version being *very* heavy....

It's not that heavy. Its about the same as any other steel mid tower, at about 25 pounds or 11.5 kilograms without innards. If you consider that heavy, then yes, its heavy.

Then again, I'm sort of biased in that I like heavy cases. Sure, it makes going to lan parties a _little_ more difficult, but theres nothing wrong with a little work out! Especially for alot us geeks. lol :)

...now, if you walk from your house to your lan parties, I can see how this would very much put you off. As it would with just about anyone and everyone! But for most people, I think it usually works something like this; From your room/office to your car, from your car to wherever your situated at the lan party.

I wonder if they will still include the carrying straps with this version of the Lexa?? I go back and forth from my house to my friends house quite a bit, having that carrying strap would be really nice! Although, I always use a super thick plastic carrying/travel bag anyways, so to prevent scratches and whatnot from occurring during transportation. So I guess that strap wouldn't be all that useful to me. But who knows, it might come in handy.

The boy 4rm oz
07-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Just lettn you know the fronts plastic. I have the original and have removed the panels to replace the LED's and they are not aluminium.

Zephik
07-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Just lettn you know the fronts plastic. I have the original and have removed the panels to replace the LED's and they are not aluminium.

Thats what I was talking about earlier with the original. I really wish they wouldn't of used plastic with a sticker to make it look like aluminum. Psh, what a cheap move. You aren't going to be known for quality products if you slap stickers on instead of using actual metal.

It's also why I like the Blackline. Its very much clear that its plastic, which is fine with me. If they would of used aluminum, it would of probably been brushed aluminum. That... would look kind of weird I think, especially with a steel chassis. So I'm glad that they used glossy black plastic, it fits in with the rest of the case and looks real slick too.

My guess is that the door will be pretty much an exact replica of the original lexa's door. So I have a question about that.

What is the quality of the door?

The boy 4rm oz
07-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Well when I first got my case after a week of use the crappy plastic hinge snapped (top of the door) the bottom hinge is metal. NZXT were nice enough to sent me a replacement after I wrote them a really "fake" emotional letter about how long it took me to save up for it and how much it ment to me lol.

Indybird
07-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Well when I first got my case after a week of use the crappy plastic hinge snapped (top of the door) the bottom hinge is metal. NZXT were nice enough to sent me a replacement after I wrote them a really "fake" emotional letter about how long it took me to save up for it and how much it ment to me lol.

Wow, I shoulda done that cause I had the exact same problem. What I did though, is forget about it for a month then finally get to it and go through all kinds of trouble getting back on. I gotta say, though the core of the case is very sturdy and well built and it has a great design, I've had a lot of problems:
-Extremely easily scratched front (got scratched from removing it from the box!)
-Top Door hinge broke
-Rear feet broke
-Top rear curve-thing broke

Suprisingly none of those get in the way of me loving this case none the less! Its ok though cause im going to replace it by the end of the summer w/ my mod...

-Indybird

Zephik
07-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Wow, I shoulda done that cause I had the exact same problem. What I did though, is forget about it for a month then finally get to it and go through all kinds of trouble getting back on. I gotta say, though the core of the case is very sturdy and well built and it has a great design, I've had a lot of problems:
-Extremely easily scratched front (got scratched from removing it from the box!)
-Top Door hinge broke
-Rear feet broke
-Top rear curve-thing broke
-Indybird

It seems that those problems, mainly the top door hinge issue, happens alot with Lexa owners. :(

I think I'll wait for a review or two before purchasing a Blackline. In my hands... even sturdy things break. lol

...or for $50 dollars more, I can get the Lian Li V600B. But it doesn't look like a gaming pc case. Although it is a very nice pc case.

or I could just give up on desktops altogether and get a bad ass laptop! ...with no options for upgrading, overclocking or any serious modding. damnit.

The boy 4rm oz
07-18-2007, 06:42 AM
When I complained about my hinge I sugested making it metal like the bottom one. They may have taken my advice and opted for a new design.

The only part of my case that has roken was the hinge. I have had a few minor scraqtches but I could pollish most of them out. The plastic feet will break if you drag the case rather than lift it. They are in two parts so dragging the case will split the plastic.

Indybird
07-18-2007, 12:19 PM
I do a lot of LANing, so it is being carried everywhere. Considering what its been through, its actually held up quite nicely. By the way, when is the blackline coming out again?

-Indybird

TheGreatSatan
07-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Reminds me of:

http://www.frozencpu.com/images/products/large/cas-118.jpg

Zephik
07-19-2007, 01:57 AM
Reminds me of:

*pic*

Whenever I see a pickle, it reminds me of a jar of mayonnaise.

Indybird
07-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Whenever I see a pickle, it reminds me of a jar of mayonnaise.
eh?

Anyways are you saying the Asetek looks like a Lexa? Cause if so Im going to have to disagree. That Watercooled version is pretty cool though (ouch! bad pun).

-Indybird

Zephik
07-19-2007, 04:22 PM
eh?

Anyways are you saying the Asetek looks like a Lexa? Cause if so Im going to have to disagree. That Watercooled version is pretty cool though (ouch! bad pun).

-Indybird

That's basically what I was saying. ;)

That Asetek is as much of a Lexa as a Pickle is to a jar of mayonnaise. i.e., They look nothing alike.

Zephik
07-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Nzxt Lexa Blackline - on Newegg.com (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146038)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Indybird
07-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Yay, I just told my friend about it and he's going to order it in the next week. I can't wait to see it. Once he gets it (and I move his parts from his old case), I'll post a review and some pics.

w00t!

-Indybird

The boy 4rm oz
07-20-2007, 05:20 AM
I want to see how the holes for the watercooling are placed in the Blackline.

Indybird
07-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Go look on newegg, they're right next to the PCI slots. By the way, is newegg going to have blue-LED Blackline, I'm just curious...

-Indybird

TheGreatSatan
07-20-2007, 05:11 PM
I still like my silver one better.

Zephik
07-20-2007, 06:32 PM
By the way, is newegg going to have blue-LED Blackline, I'm just curious...

-Indybird

Thats what I was wondering too...

Also, maybe its just Newegg's camera man, but the pictures from COMPUTEX (http://www.futurelooks.com/454-COMPUTEX-2007-Spotlight---NZXT.html) looked badass whereas Neweggs pictures... just make the case look not all that appealing in my opinion.

Well I won't pass judgment until I see a few reviews, or at least one good one.

The boy 4rm oz
07-20-2007, 07:44 PM
The pictures you see on NZXT look nothing like it is in real life. The front doesn't look so...plain, it's a lot shinier.

Indybird
07-23-2007, 11:43 PM
My friend just left for a huge out-of-town swim meet. Once he gets back, he's ordering it. Has anyone here gotten one?

-Indybird

Zenphic
07-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Btw guys, TechPowerUp! has just posted a review of this case. It got a 9.6 score, wicked cool.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NZXT/Lexa_Blackline/

The NZXT Lexa Blackline sells for $99.99 US Dollars or 99.90€ with blue or red lighting. The new series is up to $60 USD or 50€ cheaper than the original Lexa case.

The NZXT Lexa Blackline looks just as great as the original Lexa, if not better. While this may be more based on personal preference, it should be noted that NZXT did everything to make a uniform case, with the plastic parts up top, the rear cage and the feet on the bottom. Including four quiet fans inside the system is a great move as is the dust filter on the window and bottom of the case. The screwless system truly deserves the name and does make installation simpler and faster, while still holding all components tight, so you will not have to worry about vibrations or loose parts when carrying it to a LAN party. A great looking and fuctional lock keeps unwanted guests out of your case, while the LCD display for three temperatures and the power button are perfectly placed as well. That said, the only gripe I have with the Lexa Blackline series is the fact that the two black fans do not come with mainboard header connectors and the usual "front I/O" is located on the right side - the wrong side.

solja
07-28-2007, 03:25 AM
:banana: Well guys I'm new to TBCS but I see a few people are interested in the NZXT Blackline Case. I ordered the case yesterday July 27th... so as soon as I receive the case I will DEFINITELY review it for you guys. I'm a long time enthusiast/first time builder so I am very anxious to get started building my pc :D :banana:

fTrVFrjdg0E

Update....... the stupid website told me they had one (1) in stock...... now its mysteriously on back order..... how lame is that

Lairy Fiquid
07-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Like the red/black colour schemes, looks rather nice in my opinion

Zephik
07-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Like the red/black colour schemes, looks rather nice in my opinion

I think it would be perfect if a person were to paint the metal on the inside and back panel. The look of the metal threw me off a little bit, but then I remembered that a person could just paint it as they see fit. ^_^

If I didn't want to spend a good wad of cash on a case, this would be the one that I would go for. Unfortunately, I'm too interested in getting a better laptop at the moment. :)

The boy 4rm oz
07-31-2007, 02:43 AM
I have got the first LEXA and I'm going to be painting the inside of the case black to match the outside. I don't like the raw aluminium look. You can watch my progress at http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9478
I won't be painting for a few weeks though.

solja
07-31-2007, 08:20 AM
I think it would be perfect if a person were to paint the metal on the inside and back panel. The look of the metal threw me off a little bit, but then I remembered that a person could just paint it as they see fit. ^_^

If I didn't want to spend a good wad of cash on a case, this would be the one that I would go for. Unfortunately, I'm too interested in getting a better laptop at the moment. :)

when I finally get my blackline I am doing just that... I will be painting the inside black... probably gonna do some red trim on the inside as well to give it some pizazz ;) :D

The boy 4rm oz
07-31-2007, 08:28 AM
That would look great. I chose my hardware to match the new interior of my case. Luckily all the high end components are black lol (8800 GTX, 680i).

solja
08-10-2007, 09:08 AM
I finally got the case.... well actually I got it day before yesterday heheh but I've been busy modding it. anyway..... heres the review I promised (cut me some slack its my first review :rolleyes: )

Exterior:

First thing you notice is the b e A utful high gloss black finish on the front bezel, sadly the whole case isnt painted this but it is DEFINITELY not a drawback for one reason and one reason alone: FINGERPRINTS. It is a fingerprint magnet. The side window is a very sturdy plastic that is great except for the fact that it exposes the drive bays. As with the previous lexa the feet make it so that it is a MUST to pick it up and not drag it. The door hinge is very sturdy an looks as if it will hold up for years if not mistreated. The power and hard drive leds are on the front door and they are a fantastic deep shade of red when lit that makes you feel like you are using Satan's very own pc. The power button is located on the top of the front bezel and is a perfect position, this way you dont have to open the front door to power your pc on and off. The front lcd with temp monitor is the same deep red which makes it match up perfectly and compliments the flow of the case. The back "cable management" thingy, heh, is totaly USELESS although it makes the case look better and is very astecticly pleasing. The front mic, headphones, usb, and firewire ports are located on the right side of the front bezel which may or may not be a good place depending on which side of the desk you put it on. The windowed side panel has a lock which is useless ecspecially considering I locked mine and could still open it as easy as I could with it unlocked.

Interior
The interior is a basic pc interior, it has 4 5.25" bays, 2 external 3.5" bays and 5 internal 3.5" bays. The wiring for the front bezel is very neatly sleeved (most of it) and looks very nice. The so called "optional" 120mm front fan is included along with another 120mm side intake fan. There is also a 120mm exhaust fan on the back and an 80mm exhaust on the top. The side and back 120mm fans are lit with red leds which look magnificent. There is also dust filters on both intake fans and a dust filter on the bottom 80mm fan port (no 80mm bottom intake included). The pictures on the net make the side fan dust filter look white, this is FALSE. The side fan filter is alluminum and it looks excellant. All the fans blow a very decent amount of air, even through filters, while staying whisper quiet. The tooless design for the dvd/cd, and hard drives is simple and works effectively, however the tooless pci holder makes you worrk ecspecially with bigger cards. It seems to hold the cards in however screws re also included if you dont trust it. There are holes drilled out and rubber gromets placed in on the back panel for water cooling tubes which is a very nice touch that doesnt take away from the look of the case.

Pros
Very nice looking.
Decent amount of space inside.
Wonderful cooling.
$100 price range for a high quality case.
Decent packaging.
8800GTX and ULTRA compatible.

Cons
Lock is useless, and doesnt work.
Rear "cable management" is useless except for the fact that it looks good.
Expansion slot isnt friendly with all pci bracket styles.

Overall Rating
Overall I give it a 9.4
On a "modability" scale of 1-10 (10 being best) I give it a 9.9

The boy 4rm oz
08-10-2007, 09:24 AM
The lock does work. You just have to make sure you put the key in the right way. I have the original LEXA and my lock works just fine.

solja
08-10-2007, 09:36 AM
The lock does work. You just have to make sure you put the key in the right way. I have the original LEXA and my lock works just fine.
trust me, the lock on my lexa blackline doesnt work. I can put the key in, I can turn the key into the locked posistion, but the door will still open.

The boy 4rm oz
08-10-2007, 09:49 AM
The get a replacement. With mine I can turn the key both ways but you can see when it's locked. Also when you replace the side panel you have to have the be pulling the slide of the lock back and then fit the panel so the mechanism will engage.

Indybird
08-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Can we have some pictures? I really want to see it with parts installed.

Thanks,
Indybird

EDIT: Oh yeah, and +rep for the review

In_Flames
08-21-2007, 12:33 PM
I'll be ordering this case with my new system in about a week or so. I'll throw some pics up for you guys when I get it.

solja
08-25-2007, 11:34 PM
I just want to add that NZXT's customer support is VERY polite and very helpful. I emailed them about a 3.5" bay cover that was cracked and they are mailing me a new cover free of charge

Can we have some pictures? I really want to see it with parts installed.

Thanks,
Indybird

EDIT: Oh yeah, and +rep for the review

I took pictures as I was modding it with a film camera and as soon as I find the time to get the pictures developed (I'm really a busy guy and most of the time I forget about even getting it developed till I see the camera sitting on my desk) unfortunately I didnt take any pictures of the actual parts installed so I guess we will have to look at In Flames case with the parts installed untill I take more pics heh. thanks for the rep also :)

In_Flames
08-31-2007, 03:43 PM
The good news: My Blackline came yesterday.

http://i2.tinypic.com/4xxn3o0.jpg

The bad news: It came with the back feet broken off.

http://i16.tinypic.com/6fgier6.jpg

http://i1.tinypic.com/4z0nk3k.jpg

I emailed NZXT to see if I could get replacement feet. If not, I guess I'll have to RMA it, which sucks. Even with the feet broken, it's still a visually stunning case, very sinister looking.