PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2

Greco101
07-11-2007, 08:19 PM
I had the demo for about 3 days and had to have the game. Got it today and well... It's hard.

It seems almost impossible to snipe someone unless they are standing still. I'm still getting used to it and learning little tricks on the way but I still give it 5/5. SOOO fun, but be prepared to soundproof your walls for all the yelling you're going to be doing. :redface:

EDIT:: Is there a way to start a new character? It's going to suck if I'm stuck with these stats. I know that's the way with Need For Speed Carbon (lame...) You should be able to create/delete characters when you damn well please.

Killa_Ape
07-11-2007, 09:11 PM
You can make new accounts I think when BF2 starts up you can click on manage accounts and that's where you can make a new one, stats in BF2 at beginning won't matter, you'll get better and in the long run it'll even out, you'll always get good rounds and bad rounds, especially at beginning with air kicking the crap out of you, planes are a little unbalanced in my opinion but if you get good with planes you can rock too.

Wasabisam
07-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Yeh i agree Awesome game. Run 5.1 surround sound when your in a gunfight or a jet and the walls vibrate until my parents come in and turn it down :twisted: Anyways back on topic the only way to make another character is to use a different email and name. The problem is however you won't have all your unlocked weapons and badges. You just put it to a fake email address.

Hope i helped

Sam

Greco101
07-12-2007, 01:22 PM
There's gotta be another way though? right? I mean... what would EA be thinking to release a fps and not allow you to change your name or create a new character? People want to create squads, join, leave etc. :dead:

EDIT:: I don't like the idea that they can kick you just because you're kicking their ass. I was 18 and 2 and got kicked. :(

thehilitereel
07-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Okay here's a couple tips on sniping, keep in mind I'm not too great at it, but I'm okay.

trick is to lay down somewhere near off near a flag that the enemy has been capping a lot. Like on dragon velly, with that center flag you'd want to sit on top of the mountain and wait.

okay, so. aiming is a key too, find your guy and try to pin-point your crosshairs on him, sometimes the mouse doesnt move RIGHT where you want it to, no problem. just a-d button to move left and right and you should be able to get a clean head shot that way. hope my noob advice helps :think:

---
also, you should come play on a server that I help admin, its dragonvalley 24/7 and has good decent admins that play on it a lot. Just follow the scrolling rules and you should enjoy your stay.

24/7 Dragon Valley by Unreal_Annihilation

Commando
07-14-2007, 01:07 AM
It seems almost impossible to snipe someone unless they are standing still.

Geeeeeee, I wish they would make it more real....

I mean holding a 31lb Barret .50 cal rifle and shooting someone moving 300+ yards away is way easier in real life.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/images/rifles/82a1.gif

haha49
07-15-2007, 11:28 PM
planes are alot out of blance after 1 week of messing around in a plane i would do bombing runs just a big loop and i would always win as i get 1 person to take all the flags while i bomb them bad and when someone trys to take off i bomb them as well and if they do get in the air make sure you stay above them as its hard for them to attack you then but the problem with the planes is your out of bounds really fast and the hight you can go sucks because if you boost while going up you get stuck and cant go back down you like rocket out of bounds and die

Greco101
07-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Geeeeeee, I wish they would make it more real....

I mean holding a 31lb Barret .50 cal rifle and shooting someone moving 300+ yards away is way easier in real life.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/images/rifles/82a1.gif

Don't try and mock me. The game is unrealistic when it comes to elevation, wind, and leading off.

Also, a .50 caliber is a one hitter quitter damn near anywhere it hits you... in battlefield 2? nahhh, 2 or 3 unless it's in the head.

the 7.62 and 5.56's take the same amount of hits per kill as a .50??

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/3/33/300px-Rifle_cartridge_comparison.jpg

Not very real.

And apparently there is no trajectory either and the rifles have a magic scope that automatically adjusts for any variables.

Ichbin
07-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Cmon guys, we all know that you can't make "The perfect realistic game". You can shoot for it, but you'll never acheive it. I think battlefields main obj is the teamwork portion anyways.

Greco101
07-16-2007, 10:13 PM
That's true... I read they purposely "dumbed down" the sniper character to discourage playing solo and to focus more on teamwork.

They still should have made it more realistic to make it a win win situation. It would discourage impatient people and it would make it more fun for those who enjoy it.

Spawn-Inc
07-17-2007, 12:15 AM
yes thats why i love Firearms on steam. if you have lets say the barret M82 with a full 10 shot mag and reload it will still cound the bullet in the chamber so you then have 11 shots.

but i agree in bf2 it takes to long to kill ppl.

The boy 4rm oz
07-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Sniping is fairly easy. As someone said before you lay down or crouch. Line up the target (generally from a distance you need to aim slightly infront and above your target to allow for flight time). A hit in the upper chest area or head will be a kill. Fairly simple.

jdbnsn
07-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Yeah, The Boy 4rm oz said it best. Moving targets are a bit more difficult but head shots are the way to go. What's great about sniping is that the things people do to make themselves harder targets actually make your job as a sniper easier. When they hit the ground, they line up their body head first in you direction, makes the kill even easier. Even better is the goobers that start bunny-hopping all over the place. Take you time and aim, but the bunny hop actually gives you an opportunity to know exactly where the will be in the next second. Wait until the jump and train your sites on where they will land and they have set themselves up for an easy kill. With the upgraded sniper rifle, you can even snipe pilots out of their aircraft, albeit not so easily. For better control of your firing, set them to semi auto and aim for the head, you'll start dropping bodies with metamucil regularity.

For great sniping practice, join up a Road to Jalalabad map set to no vehicles. It's a snipe-fest. Find a good place to stay out of sight, point and click ;)

The boy 4rm oz
07-19-2007, 12:37 AM
jbdnsn is right. The upgraded sniper does allow you to shoot pilots from their planes. Camp t an airfield and get them just when they get into their plane or helicopter.

Greco101
07-19-2007, 04:38 PM
how long does it take for an upgrade?

jdbnsn
07-19-2007, 06:22 PM
how long does it take for an upgrade?

When you load the main menu, click BFHQ and it shows your rank, global score, and score needed for promotion. When you are promoted you will get to upgrade any class to the next weapon, pick the sniper and get a 50 cal.

Killa_Ape
07-19-2007, 07:40 PM
You can check your stats on bf2s.com as well it'll tell you all you need to know to next rank as well as all your stats.

Commando
07-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Also, a .50 caliber is a one hitter quitter damn near anywhere it hits you... in battlefield 2? nahhh, 2 or 3 unless it's in the head.

Oh don't worry, I agree with that. .50 cal leaves about a 6-8 inch wide hole in anything it hits.

I have BF2 I've played it only a couple of times.

I'm a BF2142 junkie though. I'm talkin I can go on a good 3hr bender with BF2142 and walk away like "Wow, that's 3hrs of my life I won't get back." also "Man where did my day off go?"

Ichbin
07-28-2007, 08:13 PM
lol, The best thing ive done with the barret is shoot the pilot out of a attack chopper and watch the gunner crash.

jdbnsn
07-28-2007, 08:30 PM
My latest addiction has been BF2 Special Force-Ghost Town map. I can't get enough, grab the .50 cal and find a nice dark corner...bang, bang! Clippin fools of the roof tops like pigeons! hehe

D1337
07-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Dont complain about realism, BF2 wasn't meant to be a realistic game. Its good for what it is.

If you want realism go download a hl2 mod called "insurgency mod"

jdbnsn
07-28-2007, 09:44 PM
I don't know, it seems pretty realistic to me. But I agree that realism isn't the focus of the game, ass-whoopin is.

Commando
07-29-2007, 03:07 AM
Dont complain about realism, BF2 wasn't meant to be a realistic game. Its good for what it is.

If you want realism go download a hl2 mod called "insurgency mod"

Or go to Iraq...

D1337
07-29-2007, 04:09 AM
there was an argument about if a score board (tab) should be in INSmod. I used the "if you want perfect realism goto iraq." Statement, and followed up and how having no scores would lead to the death of the mod.

of course being the jerks some people are, they well, acted like jerks.

scoreboard was implement :)

moon111
07-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Yeh i agree Awesome game. Run 5.1 surround sound when your in a gunfight or a jet and the walls vibrate until my parents come in and turn it down :twisted: Anyways back on topic the only way to make another character is to use a different email and name. The problem is however you won't have all your unlocked weapons and badges. You just put it to a fake email address.

Hope i helped

Sam

You just HAVE to get a Buttkicker Gamer. The last time my senses were delighted as much, VGA monitors had come out. It puts you IN the action.

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/images/BKGR_underchair_thumb4.gif

And another good thing, even with a headset on, you'll feel like you're blasting the walls but it doesn't annoy the parents at all.

Omega
08-15-2007, 04:20 AM
I've been getting back into ye olde BF2 recently. I just made Sergeant (woo!) and got my unlocks (Pancor Jackhammer, SCAR-L, G36E).

If anybody wants to hunt me down, try and find AE-TheBornOtaku. I'm not too good but I like to play so that's all that matters.

Airbozo
08-17-2007, 03:31 PM
I will be hosting a mini-lan at my house this weekend and we will be playing many rounds of BF2. I will post here the servers we will be in or hunt a few of you down, ah, er, out.

jdbnsn
08-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Oooo, my favorite game of all times. I wish I could be there.

Minty, I tried to sign up to your clan website a long time ago but the graphic for the "enter the text you see" wasn't displaying. If that is fixed I'll jump in.

jdbnsn
08-17-2007, 06:54 PM
cool, I'll be away from home for a few days but I'll check it out when I get home.

Omega
08-19-2007, 04:37 AM
I figure I'll start using xFire again so TBCS BF2'ers can find me ;) But I'm usually on Soverign Forces 24/7 Highway Tampa or Walmart Security's servers, most likely SF Tampa, so...

xFire name: TheBornOtaku

jdbnsn
08-19-2007, 04:44 AM
Did EA fix Highway Tampa yet? If I recall the point counting system didn't work for some time.

Omega
08-19-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm pretty sure it's working all nice and dandy now since it's the only map I've been playing for the past week or so ;)

Again, Sovereign Forces' Highway Tampa server is where you're most likely to find me

Omega
08-20-2007, 02:54 PM
I really want to make SSgt already, man. I can't wait to unlock my new guns (FN 2000 + PKM + DAO-12 (if I can))

Omega
08-20-2007, 05:55 PM
oh man, I do want that G36 though, the support one. But it has less ammo capacity than any other support weapon (that's why I like the M249 SAW , because it has a 200rd hopper so I can go prone, use the sights and light people up behind gas station on Tampa)

Flashbang, it any good? I would imagine it to be, but nobody I've seen has it =/

xRyokenx
08-21-2007, 10:18 AM
BF2 looks like a fun game... I'll maybe pick up a copy later this year when I actually ahve some money, lol.

Airbozo
08-21-2007, 12:46 PM
if you get a good squad going in a server with the VoIP, then you can definately have some uber-gun fights. A good medic and support player can make or break a squad, and in turn a game. Get on a team full of rambos, and you tend to score lower than normal =/

Lesson? Squad up!! Use yer mic!!

-Jeremy

This is probably the best advice I have heard for BF2. Get a head set and use it. Your score will improve faster.

One of my favorites with Special Forces is to have a sniper and support. One with the zip line and one with a grapple. You can go anywhere...

FYI While at Fry's the other day I noticed Bioshock pre-order copies on sale. Buy the pre-order and get BF2 free...

Greco101
08-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Too bad hacks are everywhere now for bf2 :(

I really hope they make another game like bf2 in the near future. I don't care for that futuristic, alien crap.

Omega
08-21-2007, 10:30 PM
I already have SF. I should go ahead and install it, though. I'm pretty sure I also already used my unlocks, though, as I had it installed before.

Omega
08-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Oh yeah, man. Squadding up and using your mics is ****ing critical to having a good game, as is a commander. We had two sqauds of 6, one squad of 3, and the rest were squads of 1 (I was a squad of 1) and just having the commander actually do their job helped us win the fight pretty good, as long as communication was happening. For instance, I requested orders and when I got to the place I called for backup, got a squad of 3 and another squad of 1 to come over and help me out.

We beat the enemy team pretty hard, considering most of us were high ranking sergeants and they were all majors and above, it was awesome

Omega
08-22-2007, 03:46 AM
that sucks, minty

ah well, pick it up tomorrow

maybe we can play on Soverign Forces' Tampa server or Walmart Security's server (not all tampa).