PDA

View Full Version : My dimension thinks its an optiplex

andymushu
07-12-2007, 12:03 PM
For a long time now my processor has been overheating a lot, so i decided to try to underclock it yesterday. I downloaded the intel processor id program in an effort to underclock, but when i ran the program it told me it was for pentium 3's or earlier (i have a pentium 4). I didn't think anything of it. On my next restart i got to the windows log in screen and my mouse didn't work (usb logitech g5). I restarted again and in the bios where it usually tells me "Dimension 2400" it said "OptiPlex 160L Series". I know it isn't a mouse issue because everything works fine in ubuntu. I tried rolling back the bios from A05 to A03, but it didn't change anything. Any help would be much appreciated, as this is semi-urgent.

Mysteriphys
08-10-2007, 01:38 AM
first, roll the bios back, thats all firmware upgrades, sometimes needed stuff, as for the optiplex deal probly has something to do with the program you downloaded, and/or the bios revision, but for all intensive purposes, the dimension was just the big brother to the optiplex, they're actually the same systems when it comes to the hardware, so it really don't make a big difference as long as you have the right drivers installed.