PDA

View Full Version : No Keyboard Present or Keyboard Error

Vertigo
07-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Well, I've finally had my first problem with my first project, Infernis has a bit of an issue at the moment. I got a blue screen earlier today, and an immediate reboot (using XP Professional). As of that reboot, the computer will not go past the BIOS screen. I get a "No Keyboard Present or Keyboard Error", first I tried the obvious and disconnected my USB keyboard and connected an old PS2 keyboard I had laying around with no luck. So, I'm in the process of checking the connections on the motherboard to ensure everything is connected correctly before losing my mind. Anyone have any thoughts on this one? I'll keep you posted with my progress.

Spawn-Inc
07-13-2007, 12:04 AM
well after a bit of googling i get the feeling that you might need a new mobo. thats all i can see/think of. i would say its the ps2 port but you tried both usb and ps2 style so no sure. maybe try the usb in all usb slots?

Drum Thumper
07-13-2007, 04:17 AM
What were you doing when you got BSoDed?

Vertigo
07-13-2007, 07:19 AM
A friend suggested i unplug the PC for a minute and try again, and it worked this time. if they'd been here at all, i would've suspected foul play. But it seems to be working fine now. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it for a while though, and a few dollars banked to get a new motherboard JUST incase. Thanks for the help though guys.