PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

meticoeus
07-23-2007, 07:16 AM
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

This game looks really promising (check out the trailer and the sim techs), especially since I find Darksiders are usually more fun to play in combat. It seems to only be for the Xbox 360 though so I guess I'll finally have to get one.

So what do you guys think of DMM and Euphoria. If they can do what they claim (and they are integrated properly) I think it could increase game immersion significatly, if not orders of magnitude for a force game.

simon275
07-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Looks pretty darn sweet I cant wait to see the final implementation of DMM and also Euphoria will be fun to play around with. I hope they put in some support for the mod scene as this game has alot of potential.

Apart from that the game and story line seems pretty dam cool.

Spawn-Inc
07-23-2007, 02:36 PM
ya that looks really sweet. thats some mind power to stop a ship that big.

Greco101
07-23-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't know why but any game based on a movie is just an automatic *lame* for me.

jdbnsn
07-23-2007, 05:23 PM
I think that looks great, definately will be getting this. The only thing that looks lame to me is the Jedi's stance while casting "force", looks a little overdone.

.Maleficus.
07-23-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't know why but any game based on a movie is just an automatic *lame* for me.
You've never played KOTOR or Chronicles of Riddick have you?

XcOM
07-23-2007, 06:15 PM

Saying that most games are based on either a book or a film, and now alot of files are taking pointers from games. In regards special effects and the such, im sure you've seen all the films based on games.

seobeglobal
07-25-2007, 06:32 AM

yes, i agree with you, why would it be?

DaveW
07-25-2007, 02:01 PM
im sure you've seen all the films based on games.

Pretty much all of which suck.

Driver was a hugely popular game based on a movie. There's a Grand Theft Auto movie, although i don't know if it's related to the game in any way.

A lot of the Star Wars games are incredibly good. A lot of them are blatant cash-ins. Rogue Squadron for consoles is highly enjoyable, as was KOTOR. The entire Jedi knight series is great with a few flaws that stop them being top notch games.

The games are simply set in the star wars universe: usually, they don't try to emulate parts of the movies, with the exception being rogue squadron.

-Dave