http://www.xoxide.com/xgbox-mge-viper-rk.html

I use this case now i love it.
http://www.xoxide.com/demonx.html

Frakk
03-26-2005, 11:56 PM
premodded cases kill the whole purpose. but hey, you get what you pay for

Chapel
03-28-2005, 08:14 PM
I dig that case man, though i wonder how the setup inside is space wise.
That would be a neat case to practice window etchings and tinting on.

jyhad21
03-29-2005, 05:15 AM
I agree with Frekk that, buy a premodded case defeats the purpose of 'casemodding" (even though I am running on a slightly premodded case).

Crunch
03-29-2005, 05:50 PM
I sometimes buy a cheap pre-modded case for the chassis or just for other parts, so, they can be a good investment for the future.

Or scrap metal! Kidding!

Frakk
03-29-2005, 08:11 PM
good investment for the future? id be throwing premodded cases at the dogs on my frontyard lol.

K3LO
03-30-2005, 08:22 PM
it's an ok case, but there would be less that you can mod. the more basic the case, the more you can do to it.

ZeD
04-02-2005, 06:21 AM
I like the Viper window....thats about it. Maybe I'll use that design for a window in a case for a Viper owner friend of mine.

jonopaul01
04-02-2005, 06:45 AM
There is no problem with pre-modded cases as long as you don't call them a mod. If you like the case then have it but don't say that it is a mod. Remember that the whole point of case modding is expression of individuality. Even if you change the case in the smallest way because you think "hmmmm I think it will look better if I removed this and added that" it becomes a mod because it is what you want, not what some mass producing company thinks you want. I have to say though, the cases do look very nice.

public_eyesore
04-14-2005, 07:30 PM
no offence to anybody, but i hate both of those cases with a passion. The demon should choose a color scheme and stick with it, i dont like the red blue and black all mixed together. It just doenst match. And the viper, thats one of the better ones ive seen but it still looks like it is a mexican ripoff of a cool looking case.

edit: the mexican case thing is not rasist but, you know if you go down to like Alvera street (LA locals know what im talking about) and there are all of those like fake power ranger and yugioh toys? Thats what im talking about.

MrSlacker
04-14-2005, 07:37 PM
i hate both of those cases too, but if you like it, dont listen to me. i am fan of clasic look. i mean i dont like those riced out cases.

Frakk
04-14-2005, 07:39 PM
both of those cases are fine...... but not on a site like this and not in a community like this. I guess that said it all :D

Faeker
05-10-2005, 10:50 PM
good investment for the future? id be throwing premodded cases at the dogs on my frontyard lol.

So it was YOU!!!

Frakk
05-10-2005, 11:10 PM
yupp!:D how did u know? :D

MrSlacker
05-10-2005, 11:12 PM
So it was YOU!!!
it was ALL of us! BUAHAHAHHAA

Zeus
05-10-2005, 11:39 PM
As it just so happens, I own and user the viper case. I used to live in a very cramped condo with my wife. I didn't have any workspace for mods or even consider doing them. So I had to go with what I thought I would like and could live with at the time. Now that I am a little older and wiser for the wear, let me tell you a couple of things to consider... (in reference to viper but applies to any case)

1. The viper is made of steel. A lot of it. If you have ever had a case made completely out of steel, you know that it weighs a ton. If you don't plan on moving it very often (which defeats the purpose of having a nice showy case) then material is irrelevant.

2. The viper has no removable mobo tray. My first case (cheapo powmax case) had this feature and I took it for granted until I received my viper. It is really a pain to have to work within the confines of a mid tower case when you are used to working in the open.

3. The Viper is not one of those easy tool-less cases. This is another feature I learned to appreciate since I started working at my current employer (all tool-less Dell boxes) It is a rather bit of a pain when you have to keep screwing and unscrewing regularly ;)

4. Viper's power supply is not the greatest. Recommend replacing it as part of your first investment.

5. VERY LOW MOD POTENTIAL. As commented by other modders and will be modders, there is not a whole lot of modding potential to this case. If you expect that you are not going to be modding your next case much, then you are good to go.

My main point that I really want to reitterate is that you may want to consider other factors other than initial impressions based on looks. I let myself get carried away by the nice first impression from the case. Now that I have owned it, I wish I had been more rational about my choices.

Faeker
05-11-2005, 08:01 PM
it was ALL of us! BUAHAHAHHAA

If you guys only knew the trouble and the hardships I had to go through just to nurse that poor dear dog back to health.......only to throw my case at it......but still.

Whisp
05-13-2005, 12:38 PM
i hate both of those cases too, but if you like it, dont listen to me. i am fan of clasic look. i mean i dont like those riced out cases.

Yeah I agree they are pretty ugly and I persobally cant stand pre modded cases.

They are good for the little kiddies though that are not yet modding or people that could care less about modding.

lol

MrSlacker
05-13-2005, 06:14 PM
well my case is kinda pre-mod too because it came with a window. but the only reason i got it, is it was $40+ cheaper then same case without window.

Zeus
05-13-2005, 06:28 PM
sounds like a great reason to get it to me!!! :)

Whisp
05-13-2005, 06:30 PM
well my case is kinda pre-mod too because it came with a window. but the only reason i got it, is it was $40+ cheaper then same case without window.

hmm thats odd to hear that the windowed one was cheaper then the non windowed case. Usually its the other way around.

:shrug:

MrSlacker
05-13-2005, 06:38 PM
hmm thats odd to hear that the windowed one was cheaper then the non windowed case. Usually its the other way around.

:shrug:
well non windowed one also had a 430W PSU. which i didnt need so there was no point

Whisp
05-13-2005, 06:46 PM
well non windowed one also had a 430W PSU. which i didnt need so there was no point

ahh thers the mysterious answer :)