PDA

View Full Version : Buffing out the clear. Automotive Finish *Video Tutorial*

Commando
07-29-2007, 05:56 AM
Well I'm done and what better way to finish a wicked paint job than buffing out the clear to get that wicked automotive finish.

<object width="480" height="392" data="http://flash.revver.com/player/1.0/player.swf?mediaId=603811&affiliateId=144757" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="revvervideoa17743d6aebf486ece24053f35e1aa23"><param name="Movie" value="http://flash.revver.com/player/1.0/player.swf?mediaId=603811&affiliateId=144757"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="allowFullScreen=true"></param><param name="AllowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://flash.revver.com/player/1.0/player.swf?mediaId=603811&affiliateId=144757" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="allowFullScreen=true" allowfullscreen="true" height="392" width="480"></embed></object>

D1337
07-29-2007, 07:48 AM
you always say "hey" in all your videos..
Plus your voice in the voice overs is so calm and soothing rofl.

Another great tutorial, do you do airbrushing of other things besides text and designs? Because i havent seen you do anything else o.o or are you just doing the designs because its easier for other people to learn?

FrooP
07-29-2007, 09:37 AM
yo, :D
as D1337 said, leave the hey, if you say hey in the video you let people think that they dont listen to ya, but they do, so just leave it ;) next thing, great that we can see you, that gives the video some personality. And yes your voice sounds a bit weird- not bad, in the voice overs, and it cuts the words from the video footage, and i think is kinda loud at the end, and sometimes not matching, but that can be because im metal addicted ;) so i dont want to say that your video suck, hellno im glad that we have some airbrush god who shares his skill with us, just some _small_ improvements, but anyways +REP for this cool video :D

Commando
07-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm no Spielberg. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do the audio. I'm actually learning how to make these videos as I produce them. I'm using Adobe Premier and it's awesome but close to overwhelming.

I'm an instructor in my real job and I am always open to suggestions of how to get better.

Thanks again.

jdbnsn
07-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Dude, it cracks me up when I see that you have started 75% of the threads in this section. Great work once again!

SgtM
07-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Not fair! I'm at work and you posted a tut on youtube! I guess I'll just have to wait 10 hours before I can see it.

:EDIT:

Sweetness! +rep. I like the club mix of Adagio for Strings in the background.

Zephik
07-30-2007, 03:08 PM
:eek:

Thats sweet! This is going to be worth the wait for sure, I can't wait to get it back! My friends and family are gonna be so jealous, heck, I'll probably be jealous! My laptops going to look better than I do! :D

Maybe instead of facial care products, I'll just use rubbing compound instead? :p

xmastree
07-30-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm an instructor in my real job and I am always open to suggestions of how to get better.
Put your hat on the right way round! :banana:

Great tutorial, but I find it hard to take someone seriously when they wear their hat backwards... :p

Xtrykr
08-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Wow, that is an awesome tutorial, just what i was looking for too!

lukeisthecoolest
08-01-2007, 11:11 PM
This tut is awesome!

i was thinking about getting into airbrushing (cause of u ;))

and was wonderin wat is the best cheap airbrush 4 a beginner? :?

SgtM
08-02-2007, 01:42 AM
This tut is awesome!

i was thinking about getting into airbrushing (cause of u ;))

and was wonderin wat is the best cheap airbrush 4 a beginner? :?

There's a whole bunch of kits on eBay for under $10. I don't know about quality though. Maybe someone can chime in on that.