PDA

View Full Version : DownThemAll

.Maleficus.
07-29-2007, 10:39 PM
http://www.downthemall.net

Has anyone here used it? I'm downloading the server edition of Ubuntu right now at a whopping 47kbps, and I can't live with that speed. A Google search for increasing download speed led me to dTa, but I'm not sure if it's any good, or a scam, or what. Anyone have any info? If not, I'll just try it out, but if you guys have any incite that'd be sweet.

FuzzyPlushroom
07-30-2007, 04:41 AM
Yep, I have. It works for me, though I don't use it for speeding things up - rather, it's good for downloading a list of files on one page. Rather than saving them one at a time, you can just check or uncheck their boxes and set it going.

calumc
07-30-2007, 08:45 AM
i use it all the time and its great. apparently it downloads in sevreal different pieces with a connection for each one. and if the server drops the connection it can pick it up straight away

xRyokenx
07-30-2007, 09:21 AM
I have it but never really took the time to figure out how to use it. I do have the download toolbar addon though, it works wonders. I'll look into dTa when I get home, would be great for downloading mods for Oblivion or whatever situation calls for it.

calumc
07-30-2007, 03:20 PM
the toolbar thing is an improvement on the original dl manager but in my experience it often drops the connection on large files and then takes forever to start them again. i use it for small files but break out dta for the bigger 1s

.Maleficus.
07-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Wow, thanks guys! I have the Download Status-bar or whatever it's called and I like that, but I'm going to try this out.

+rep to all.