PDA

View Full Version : Reformatted

Greco101
07-31-2007, 12:57 AM
Now when I try to register windows it says that my serial code has already been used. Well ya... BY ME! What do I do? Tech support charges 60 bucks...wtf?

Spawn-Inc
07-31-2007, 12:59 AM
ya i know f**king assholes charging so dam much money. here is a link (https://support.microsoft.com/contactus2/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1214&WS=mscom&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.microsoft.com%2fen%2fus%2fdef ault.aspx) to ask them a question for free see what they say. takes 2-3 days to respond.

SgtM
07-31-2007, 01:04 AM
You have an option to call M$ so you can activate. Advise them that you had to reinstall, (tell them you got a virus or somthing) and that the copy of windows is only on ONE computer. They will then give you an activation code.

calumc
07-31-2007, 08:18 AM
presuming that this is a legal copy of windows that you purchased there is a patch available through filesharing networks called ''windows genuine advantage'' this will take away the annoying little thing getting you to register.

Elenril
07-31-2007, 08:49 AM
In Australia, if you call up, the activation for XP is entirely automated. This might just be because Vista has come out so they don't care about XP that much anymore, or if it's just in Australia, I don't know if you have to actually talk to someone to activate Vista or not. If it's automated you can activate it fine, but if you have to talk to someone, do as SgtM said and tell them you reformatted your computer. The number to call them should be toll-free too, thankfully.

.Maleficus.
07-31-2007, 02:20 PM
You have an option to call M$ so you can activate. Advise them that you had to reinstall, (tell them you got a virus or somthing) and that the copy of windows is only on ONE computer. They will then give you an activation code.
Yep, call them for an activation code and they'll ask a few questions like, why you need one, etc. I had to and it was pretty easy. No big deal.

alexanderH
08-02-2007, 11:00 PM
edited by Bucko. No talk of illegal activities.