PDA

View Full Version : The best freaking day ever!!!!

BerticusPryme
07-31-2007, 08:49 AM
Ok guys I just had to let someone know about this. I mean this is the kind of day we all dream of. Starting off i got to sleep in as my little girls actually slept in. I ran to town after I got up and had coffee. Seen an old friend there and he asked if i was still building comps and stuff. I told him yeah and we talked a little more. He said he had some parts at the house i could have. Ok I figured crap right?? Nope a brnad new p4 2.2 proc and a 250gb stat 2 hdd. wow. So this hdd added to my comp put me with 1024 gigs worth of storage now. I'm ecstatic so I got back home. The wife then tells me I can order some stuff for the comp and I got a 150 buck limit.w00t more upgrades. So I hit up newegg first. As i am sitting there looking at some memory. The mail runs. My wife gets up to check it and a dvd I ordered like 2 weeks ago. Old 80's cartoon. So I'm sitting here watching adventures of American rabbit,looking at parts,and shuffling through mail. I get to a letter from the oral surgeon I had to visit about a month ago. I think oh god this cant be good. I open it up and start reading. Turns out I over paid. Like $500 over paid. my insurance covered more than we thought. The wife is all tickled and says if buy her a camera she wanted I can spend it all on comp parts.omfg. So I find the camera she wanted on ebay for like $60 and she was happy. So i was sitting there thinking what parts do I need. Then I realized I needed to upgrade. I am running a athlon xp 3000 in a soyo kt880 with a 7600gs agp card. So I call around scrounge a little and hit the motherload. I scored a Asus A8N-SLI premium, a dual core 3800+, 1gb of mushkin memory, and heatsink/fan all brand new for $160. w00t more happy dancing. I finish paying for it and I am telling the wife what I found and bought when the phone rings. I pick it up and chat away. It's the hiring office for the job I applied for. I go in today to finish paper work and start next monday. I get my old IT job back. It's been such a good day The wife, daughters and myself go out to eat to end the day. Now I just got to come up with 2 parts to finish the system. I got to find a pcie video card and a ide controller card. I think the day ended quite well.

DaveW
07-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Man, it's good to hear something like that! Thanks for sharing, cos reading it brightened up my day. :)

-Dave

rendermandan
07-31-2007, 09:10 AM
Kept waiting for the punch line, like Gotcha or something. but nothing. LOL, Wish I had half as good as day as you. Congrats on all the good luck. you must have done something good.

AJ@PR
07-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Man, it's good to hear something like that! Thanks for sharing, cos reading it brightened up my day. :)

Same here!
I'm happy myself after reading that.

Good for you!

Crazy Buddhist
07-31-2007, 09:33 AM
I got to find a pcie video card and a ide controller card. I think the day ended quite well.

First off "ended well"? ... lol ... understatement :D

You sound like this day has put you on such a groove - I'm so happy for you.

Don't be shy though ... my math says you're well under budget AND that SLI designation on the ASUS board ain't for nothing ... thats all I'm saying ;)

Bucko
07-31-2007, 01:39 PM
that was great! So much better than a rant thread. I'm glad you had a really great day. Have a +rep cause you lightened up min even more!

Luke122
07-31-2007, 04:09 PM
My turn!

On Saturday, someone ran into my 2006 Ford Escape XLT. Doh!

Today, my insurance company hooked me up with a rental for a week.. a brand new Chrysler 300. W000t. So here I sit in Edmonton for today, before heading out to Saskatoon tomorrow, then to Regina for my little sisters wedding.

Before we left, I got a cheque for $80 from a client, $200 tax credit from the govt, an extra $400 to put towards the rental car from the insurance company, my performance review at work got scheduled for the day I get back (woohoo!! RAISE!!!!), and the weather finally cooled down enough to actually enjoy travelling.

Gonna be a good week!

*edit* Oh, and I get paid tonight @ midnight. :D

Scotty
07-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Wish i had days like that, my day i usually end up giving money to people i owe... or paying for those things i forgot i bought.

BerticusPryme
07-31-2007, 10:12 PM
yeha and the update is everything keeps getting better. I just found an ide controller card that i needed for the new build.Cost me like 10 bucks. Now i just home and a friend came by and let me borrow a 256mb 6200 pcie card till I cna buy a new one. Also I found out I am going to be getting a better job than what I was originally going to get. more money & better hours. Hey quick question. anyone have an extra pcie video card or some ddr 400 memory they want to contribute to the new rig build?? hehehehe glad to hear everyone else is having a better day. Any time i can brighten someones day let me know.

Bopher
08-01-2007, 01:08 AM
This even brought my day out of the dark a little. Here's one for you guys. Get to the store today (Wendys) and wait for the other opener to show up. Go in and the phone rings. Opener calls out no biggy. Nothing huge to do till the truck shows up and there is a guy to unload it @ 9 when it's suppose to get there. Guess what, I look out the window and the truck pulls up. I had just enough time to throw some chili on the stove before I had to unload a truck that the co manager ordered heavy on because the GM is dumb and still can't get one right...hmm wonder who that bonehead is. All in all not a bad day until another manager came in and said, "All you got done was one chili??" hmm I'll be thinking about that come review time, jk. Day ended good, went home and went on a pretty good killing spree on BF2 on PS2.

simon275
08-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Here is my day

I went to university in the morning and hung out with my friends. Went to my only lecture of the day and giggled for 1 1/2 hours at the jokes the lecturer kept telling. Hung out with my friends some more and went and got a huge plate that I couldn't finish of Fried rice and Honey Chicken along with a Peach ice tea for only $8.50. Then got the bus home which was free because the ticketing machine was broken. Got home and checked the mail and found the tax department had sent me back a big tax return :bunny:

.jrauck
08-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Wow wish I had days like that. Though I have just moved to the place where I have always wanted to live, but other than that thats it :/

.Maleficus.
08-01-2007, 04:31 PM
My day has been great so far. If anyone has read my server thread, you'll know I made huge progress with it. I got the firewall to allow my SSH and VNC sessions through, I got TorrentFlux to work (yesterday I could have sworn I did it completely wrong), I got found out how to change MySQL usernames and passwords to allow Joomla! to install (though I haven't installed it yet, just created the database), and I can do everything (except turn it on) remotely. Networking is pretty interesting stuff! I had a delicious $0.10 bowl of Instant Ramen just now and I'm soon going to buy my domain name.

Today gets a :up: from me!

Ichbin
08-01-2007, 06:38 PM
This is a enchanted feel good thread. Today is an amazing day aswell for me.

slytherock
08-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Hope my days can be like that...
Here's mine:
1- I got an opportunity to work for a major University in Montreal. (3 months contract/ half time) But it get in conflict with another contract I have for 10 years now...
2- I went to take a beer with the boss of the other job; telling him I'm leaving. He took it really bad, but can't afford the salary the other offered me. He insist that I keep the only part of the job I want. cool
3- At my fulltime job now. Same day. My 2 boss are splitting. The one that leave ask me to go with him. Better salary, he pay some formation on flash and website design, reduction of my work time.
4- I had lunch with the boss who keep the business. Telling him I'm leaving. He also took it very badly. Offered me a better salary and all. But I don't want to stay... So he fired me... With a month of salary... :) And I start the new job in 2 weeks :D

lukeisthecoolest
08-01-2007, 07:25 PM
imagine if life was like that EVERYDAY!

then there would be no suicides in this world!

SgtM
08-01-2007, 08:46 PM
My day wasn't bad.. slept most of the day because I'm working tonight. Checked E-mail, and got something from my realtor. They see no problems with us getting keys to the house at closing! w00t!

I finally fixed my truck (95 Chevy S-10 (http://www.tjsamericanhotrods.com/images/1993ChevroletS-10/Front-Right.jpg), 5 speed manual trans.. not mine, but same body style) last week, and decided to drive it to work today (I drive 50 miles 1 way to work). I had no problems at all with the truck on my way here. Talk about a gas saver. I can drive it instead of our 99 Ford van (http://www.haverhillmotorcars.com/pics/99%20FORD%20WINDSTAR%20LX.jpg). I also made a cool accent light from blue LED's and an old cell phone charger last night that I have to post here.

Durrthock
08-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Lame compared to yours but over the past two days I made like 160g in wow. And I'm only level 53. Besides that I saw hot fuzz with dolby digital 5.1 on my z5500 funny movie freakin awesome sound. tomorrow 300

lukeisthecoolest
08-01-2007, 11:06 PM
today i had a tradegy :(

i bought my mobo, memory, and dvd drive for 150+ from newegg
bought red 10 led light from frozencpu =12
random order from forzencpu that i didn't make and overloaded my account that was cancelled = -25 for going over my bank account :(

whoever u are! show ur face makin purchases that are costin me money!

BerticusPryme
08-02-2007, 01:38 AM
Sorry to hear about that luke. I really am looking forward to your Optimus mod. I have always been a big transformers fan. But with all the responses I am seeing from this thread it makes me feel good. glad that everyone has enjoyed it. with how my life is going there will be many more updates to this post.

BerticusPryme
08-03-2007, 02:30 AM
ok guys update on this. I was wrong about the card. It's not a 6200 it's a 6800 256 mb. So that was uber good news. now for the better news. I just bought it's identicle twin on ebay for like $60. So now the new rig specs are athlon 3800+dual core, 2 gb of mushkin dual channel, 2x 6800 256mb in sli and 1104gb of hdd space. I am quite happy with it.

Crazy Buddhist
08-03-2007, 05:07 AM
So now the new rig specs are athlon 3800+dual core, 2 gb of mushkin dual channel, 2x 6800 256mb in sli and 1104gb of hdd space. I am quite happy with it.

Congratulations. Mind you - I'd hate to see the machine that makes you "very happy". Probably be quite a scary beast :D

I have a question about SLI thats been bugging me. So I shall post it here in a new thread (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9789).

CrazyB