PDA

View Full Version : Mud

Cooper
08-01-2007, 02:31 AM
I was just curious if anyone remembers or still playes MUDS (Multi User Dungeons) like myself? I have been playing and programming this since the Commadore 64 was out and they are 100% free games. They are text based however, no pictures. It's kind of like reading and writting your own book at the same time.

www.mudmagic.com
www.mudconnect.com

Elenril
08-01-2007, 04:39 AM
My ex used to play MUD games all the time... There was one in particular, the Discworld MUD based on the Terry Pratchett books. Then he moved onto Dota, and I dumped him because he was paying more attention to the games than me. The last straw was when I was talking to him on the phone, and he put the phone down to do something tricky in the game, and forgot I was there.

He tried to introduce me to Discworld MUD, but it burned my eyes.

DaveW
08-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Discworld Rocks! But i never played the Mud.

-Dave

simon275
08-01-2007, 07:18 AM
I love Disc world The night Watch books are the best with Vimes and Nobby.

BerticusPryme
08-02-2007, 09:29 AM
damn right they are. I read all of the disc world books. But as far as muds go I played the RoTS. It was The return of the shadow mud based off the hobbit and lord of the rings series. It was pretty fun but then i went to Lineage2

Cooper
08-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Well, I have been a hardcore gamer for many many years. I beta tested and played many games that are still popular today, WoW, DAoC, Diablo, didnt make the D2 cut. SWG, many more.

I plan to find me a decent little server somewhere and start building another mud on it, Once I get it going you are all more than welcome to stop in and give it a try. I think this time I will code one based upon the infamous Spy vs Spy comics from MAD.