PDA

View Full Version : Making sure before I order

FatherFinelli
07-22-2005, 03:59 PM
ok so i want to order a bunch of leds and resistors from isdiodes.com ....... i am going to be wireing them in parrell so I should put a resistor for each led correct?

ok so if im using 3.7v for my power...and im getting the 5mm blue LED (according to their specs) i should use a 39 ohm resistor for each one correct?

I just want to make sure before i order this stuff and to make sure that the specs on their site for each led is correct... thanks for helping

Aero
07-22-2005, 08:53 PM
I think that should be correct 3.7 volts? What are you using for power?

But I would recommend getting some heat-shrink tubing from Radioshack or something to put over the resistor to hold it togather.

FatherFinelli
07-23-2005, 12:07 AM
im using two nokia chargers that ive had.....idk why i liek them better than all the other transformers i have.......and how would you use the shrink wrap ive never worked with it..its basically for cleaning it up and making it simple rite?

one last question just to amke sure i understand if im wiring the leds in parrell with each one its own resistor how many can i go up to...like does it matter if im powering 20 leds this way??

Aero
07-23-2005, 02:43 AM
I think you can wire as many as you want. Except it will draw more power, a problem if you are using batteries, but with a AC/DC converter (like you nokia one) it shouldn't matter. Also make sure you nokia charger has a DC output.