PDA

View Full Version : A few pictures

Elenril
08-03-2007, 07:48 AM
Here's a few pictures to help stop the forum looking so empty ;)

Image for the cover of my school folder:
http://i15.tinypic.com/4puzn5t.jpg

A simple painting for Valentines Day:
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs14/f/2007/044/9/e/_This_Is_The_Night__by_elenril.jpg

A photomanip I did quite a while ago for a friend's birthday:
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2007/032/e/d/_Stop_Your_Self_Control__by_elenril.jpg

More to come soon! I'm an art powerhouse :D

Cymae
08-03-2007, 07:58 AM
damn those are good. how'd you do the first one

simon275
08-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Wow nice pics Elenril. I love the second one with the clouds and the art real deep. The bottom one is amazing looks like magic would look.

+rep

Elenril
08-03-2007, 08:05 AM
damn those are good. how'd you do the first one

Photoshop, a stock image of a girl, some layer blending modes, displacement, and some lines with the tablet. It's pretty simple really, the trick is getting the displacement right.

Cymae
08-03-2007, 08:07 AM
ah. i meant whered you get the pic from but that answers my question. sweet!

Eclecticos
08-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Wow. .thats preddy good! I especially like the last one, great job.

calumc
08-03-2007, 08:54 AM
magical. +rep

elbarto241
08-03-2007, 11:33 AM
checked out your dA page, amazing :D

Zephik
08-04-2007, 01:36 AM
I love that second picture, it has such soft and beautiful use of color. Whats it called? Any explanation of inspiration?

The first one reminds me of what iPood commercials SHOULD be like. Even though it has nothing to do with Mp3 players, the piece itself reminds me of music.

As for that third photo, just wow. Thats intense!

rendermandan
08-04-2007, 02:06 AM
Very nice!

Crazy Buddhist
08-04-2007, 02:47 AM
"Artiste" :D

Elenril
08-04-2007, 04:12 AM
I love that second picture, it has such soft and beautiful use of color. Whats it called? Any explanation of inspiration?

It doesn't really have a name, the file is saved as 'Love Again.jpg' on my computer, so that might be a title of some sort, but that was more likely the name of the song I was listening to at the time or something. I always have trouble coming up with titles. As for inspiration... I was 'in love' with this guy at the time (that's who I painted it for), and I was going through some tough things at the time (family issues and such), so it kind of came out dark-themed, but with that heart on the tree and the sun peeking out from behind the clouds as the 'love that grows and you can reach out for it' or something like that. Nothing ever happened with that guy, he turned out to be the biggest jerk, but at least I have a pretty painting out of it.

The first one reminds me of what iPood commercials SHOULD be like. Even though it has nothing to do with Mp3 players, the piece itself reminds me of music.

As for that third photo, just wow. Thats intense!

Thankyou :) And thanks to everyone else who liked them as well.

Scotty
08-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Some nice stuff, loving the first one. Displacement FTW ^^ i'm working on a piece atm with the same sort of style, and a displacement map i found on the net which is sweet lol.