View Full Version : Windows Longhorn = Windows Vista

MisterChief
07-23-2005, 05:10 PM
Here it is, the next big thing in OSes, complete with highly inventive logo! :p
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx

timmer
07-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Windows Vista Beta
Beta 1, targeted at developers and IT professionals, will be available by August 3rd 2005.

I'll have to get it from my dad and test it out (He works for Carnegie Mellon University, which is a really, really big name as far as computers go in the US)

Aero
07-24-2005, 02:19 AM
Vista? wtf are they smoking?

sXenoG
07-24-2005, 07:26 AM
Well vista means view.... so they were most likely thinking that you get a view from a window :P

MisterChief
07-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Well vista means view.... so they were most likely thinking that you get a view from a window :P

Excellent deduction! :D :p

timmer
07-24-2005, 06:20 PM
So we can only "view" the computer? No using it or anything? :(

UK-Blade
07-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Maybe they mean it you look at the view through one of their Windows you might be able to see a PC with a good, affordable, WORKING OS.... :)

After all it took M$ over 10 years to get a PC to generate the following, amazingly helpful error message:

UNKNOWN has generated an UNKNOWN error in UNKNOWN

As for what their smoking Aero.....coincidence that the last couple of Os'es(?) have had a default wallpaper showing a field of GRASS

Aero
07-24-2005, 09:59 PM
As for what their smoking Aero.....coincidence that the last couple of Os'es(?) have had a default wallpaper showing a field of GRASS

LMAO.

crenn
07-30-2005, 10:36 PM
The default wallpaper for this OS might change to something a little more illegal....

sXenoG
08-06-2005, 08:42 PM
what do you mean by a little more illegal?

Anyways my thoughts on longhorn is that I dont want it but am going to have to get it for free neways SIGH lol wonderful internet. But I dont really want to convert to longhorn I'm hoping to become a linux enthusiast b4 then. Although ill never be able to fully convert since my fav art programs are on windows.
(i kno they have windows emulators but they arent the same)

The reason I do not like it is things that I have read is that the unoptimized 3D version is very very resource hungry. Since I myself still have the old windows theme for optimum performance. I just dislike overhead quite a bit I do alot of compiling at certain times and i like all my resources to focus on that.

crenn
08-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Pictures of what they were smoking at the time.

sXenoG
08-07-2005, 02:08 PM
I must have been very slow yesterday I re-read the thread and that made plenty of sense sorry for the noobdom.