PDA

View Full Version : Protecting Cookies

TheGreatSatan
08-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Is there any way to protect certain cookies from never being deleted? I like clearing out my cookies, but the cookies to my computer forums I'd like to keep around. That would prevent me from having to login every time I visit.

lukeisthecoolest
08-06-2007, 09:35 PM
y do u need to delete the other cookies ;)

i think this should work:

find the cookies you want to save (they should be labeled)
then go to properties and click on "advanced" under attributes
there should be a little check-marky thing that says "encrypt contents to secure data"
click that and you shouldn't be able to delete it

xRyokenx
08-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Go into internet options or wherever and put them in the excepted deal and select allow. That should help out a lot, it's what I've done, all the rest are deleted at the end of the session.

lukeisthecoolest
08-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Go into internet options or wherever and put them in the excepted deal and select allow. That should help out a lot, it's what I've done, all the rest are deleted at the end of the session.

you win :( me rong :(

SgtM
08-07-2007, 09:04 AM
You could always make a "just in case" cookie backup. Stick them in a folder on a flash drive or CD or something. Then, if they get deleted, you can import them back in to IE or FF.

TheGreatSatan
08-08-2007, 02:18 AM
Go into internet options or wherever and put them in the excepted deal and select allow.

I don't see that. I have Vista...

xRyokenx
08-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Go to the little gear shaped thing on the right, the "Tools" button.
Press it.
Go down to "Internet Options"
Press that.
(Note: I can't find a way to do just the cookies, you can look around but these next few steps are probably what you have to do, frackin' IE...)
Go to the "Security Tab"
Select the "Trusted Sites" icon.
(Be careful with which sites you do this with, if it's something like the forums, go for it, but I don't know where you go on the web, so this is up to you)
On the right there is a button named "Sites", press it.
Type the URL of the site you want the security features disable for and press the "Add" button.

I believe that is all... good luck with it. If it were me, I'd get Mozilla Firefox. I've got that set up good with a firewall and a couple addons for it and my PC hasn't gotten much more than a couple pieces of spyware.