PDA

View Full Version : Logitech's Latest Gaming Mouse - G9

Indybird
08-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Check it out here (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/3053&cl=us,en) on the logitech site.

http://www.logitech.com/repository/416/jpg/3020.1.0.jpg

Im not so sure it looks like it would fit my hand, but then again thats just from looking at it. I'm sure they put hours into making fit the average hand just fine. I hope they make a wireless version, since I love no wires and logitech seems to be good at making high performance wireless. I kinda Like the appearance, it looks a lot like the creative gaming mouse but for some reason I like this one a lot more. They also kept the "Hyper-fast" scroll from the MX Revolution, which is a very cool feature.

The customizability looks amazing, you can change: The Led color, the shape of the palm, the weight of the mouse and the precision. Not bad.

What do you guys think? Is it your style?

-Indybird

Quakken
08-07-2007, 12:15 AM
That is sweet.

BUT!

100 dollars is a lot of money for a mouse.

Zephik
08-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Logitech G9 - on Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104079)

I'm not sure what I think about it. I never really used a mouse like that before. I'm a finger mouse kind of guy, not a fits my entire hand and part of my arm kind of guy. lol

Spawn-Inc
08-07-2007, 12:21 AM
looks like a retarded robot for some reason...

3200 DPI!, i shoulda waited and spent the 100 on that mouse instead of the mx revolution... ohwell.

sweet my posts are 1337!

Indybird
08-07-2007, 12:25 AM
sweet my posts are 1337!

OMFG thats awesome, don't ever post again, so you can keep it there. Just do PM responses to threads...lol.

-Indybird

lukeisthecoolest
08-07-2007, 12:37 AM
that looks incredible!

they have taken many great features from other mouses (weight dynamics from fatal1ty mouse) but also have added a bunch of over great cheanges to allow a mouse to truly be YOUR mouse!

i sounded like a salesman right ther ;)

and for a limited time it is only 5 payments of $20!

call in the next millisecond and we will add rush delivery!!!!!

Zephik
08-07-2007, 01:41 AM
OMFG thats awesome, don't ever post again, so you can keep it there. Just do PM responses to threads...lol.

-Indybird

or post a new response for every letter of your response to a thread until you have "21337". lol

That mouse seems almost retardedly powerful. 3200DPI and packed with features. Thats a good thing though I suppose. Especially the bit about adjustable DPI from 200 - 3200DPI, thats awesome.

If only they had a wireless version. But most gamers don't care for those, so smart choice with the cord then.

FuzzyPlushroom
08-07-2007, 03:27 AM
Wires, ugliness, and a proper (notchless) scroll wheel.

Waaaait, I can get that for $25 on Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105178)... :D

(Got one. Love it. Enough said.)

If I thought I'd actually use the adjustable DPI (and all the other gadgets), it might be worth it to get this one, but I never saw the point in spending that much money on a mouse. A MOUSE! Really. If I want adjustable weight, I'll crack it open and add one. Though the adjustable LED colors are spiffy, if useless.

.Maleficus.
08-07-2007, 09:08 AM
That mouse seems almost retardedly powerful.
Like the 1600W PSU? ;)

Anyways, seems like a nice mouse but damn is it ugly. It looks like a mini Neo Geo (which is hard to do cause those things are mini as it is).

Indybird
08-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Wires, ugliness, and a proper (notchless) scroll wheel.

Waaaait, I can get that for $25 on Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105178)... :D

(Got one. Love it. Enough said.)

If I thought I'd actually use the adjustable DPI (and all the other gadgets), it might be worth it to get this one, but I never saw the point in spending that much money on a mouse. A MOUSE! Really. If I want adjustable weight, I'll crack it open and add one. Though the adjustable LED colors are spiffy, if useless.

Well, nevermind you. We'll be over here > using our fancy $500 mice! JK, but seriously there's nothing wrong with expensive mice, its just a matter of opinion. I'm willing to bet if you were hugely into gaming, then you'd probably pick up a $50 mouse. I can't talk though since I'm using a $25 Microsoft Wireless, but other than the shape and color, its a piece of crap.

-Indybird

Indybird
08-07-2007, 07:33 PM
More also! They have released a second version of the G15! And it is sleeker and sexier. The link to its page is the picture:

http://www.logitech.com/repository/535/jpg/4715.1.0.jpg (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/3498&cl=us,en#)

Oooh...I like that. As if the G15 wasn't nice enough! The only thing that (in terms of function) has changed is that there are only 6 "G" Buttons, but that is fine since I never used more than 4 plus there are 3 "Shifts" to each key. I wonder if the lighting is more orange than it is red, I can't quite tell. If it is red then it is pure awesomeness, if it orange it is still pretty badass. Now, if the G15 had a color screen and the same customizability as the new G9!

-Indybird

Spawn-Inc
08-07-2007, 11:12 PM
i like the colour skeme on the new g15 but prefer my orginal g15 key layout.

Cymae
08-07-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm actually pretty dissapointed from looking at the specifications. Logitech are known for their ability to release very good quality and stylish gaming peripherals. And frankly..the new look g15 and the g9 are hideous... don't look too comfortable either. Why did they change the g15 anyway. nobody's ever had an issue with it..

instead of wasting time they could have released a next-step version with a colour screen. I mean..wth?

Did they at least add usb2 support?

Indybird
08-08-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm actually pretty dissapointed from looking at the specifications. Logitech are known for their ability to release very good quality and stylish gaming peripherals. And frankly..the new look g15 and the g9 are hideous... don't look too comfortable either. Why did they change the g15 anyway. nobody's ever had an issue with it..

instead of wasting time they could have released a next-step version with a colour screen. I mean..wth?

Did they at least add usb2 support?

The current G15 has USB 2.0, they just changed it not too long ago...
I agree with you on the G9 being ugly, but I think the new G15 is extremely stylish. I can't wait until the G17 though! It should have a color screen, changeable LED colors, and touch media buttons in addition to everything the current G15 has...

Cymae
08-08-2007, 01:03 AM
how long is "not long ago"? I never heard this..bought my g15 under a month ago and it's usb1

Indybird
08-08-2007, 01:09 AM
I just got a new one from an RMA and it even says on the box: "Full-Speed USB 2.0" I thought they did that a while ago, I guess it was really recent.

-Indybird

Spawn-Inc
08-08-2007, 01:21 AM
can you RMA the keyboard even though there is nothing wrong with it? (well there is, usb 1.1)

Indybird
08-08-2007, 01:40 AM
I don't think, I sent mine in because I was having the key-fading problem. Let me add that the customer service Logitech gave me was outstanding, which is something you don't see very often...

The one I got from the RMA had a few changes from my last (first-gen) G15:
-Better Key Paint
-LCD Screen does not have the same rubbery-feel as the rest of the keyboard
-USB 2.0 ports
-Brighter lighting
-No Logitech Symbol on back of LCD

D1337
08-11-2007, 01:59 AM
prices the same on the newer g15? can anyone link me to a sales page (new egg tiger, etc?)

Indybird
08-11-2007, 02:19 AM
prices the same on the newer g15? can anyone link me to a sales page (new egg tiger, etc?)

Its not quite out yet

Greco101
08-11-2007, 02:26 AM
I wish they made other faceplates for the G5 :(

Indybird
08-11-2007, 02:31 AM
Ya know what I want in a gaming mouse?
-Strong wireless (like the G7)
-Rounded design with finger grooves, large thumb area, and large palm area
-Changeable weights
-Long Battery Life
-Scroll wheel like the MX Revolution
-High DPI (2000+)
-Changeable colors
-Sensitivity adjustment buttons

That would be the perfect mouse. I would be willing to pay $100 for a mouse exactly like that. What do you guys want in an ideal gaming mouse?

-Indybird