PDA

View Full Version : Lcd err.. fix! not really?

Mysteriphys
08-10-2007, 01:05 AM
so heres the thing, I want to do a pretty crazy mod, I've got a bunch of parts, and I'm ready to go, 2 things holding me back, I've not got the experience, and I've not got the knowledge base.

so here is what I need to fix first. I have a cathode out of a 10 inch laptop screen that I want to put in the machine just for lighting, I have the origional inverter, but I can't for the life of me find the wiring schematic for it to get the proper voltage and hookup, so I was wondering, since this place looks pretty full of knowledgable people..

does anyone here know where I can get some instructions on building my own inverter? I've got the basic principle down, as far as formula goes, I ave to have a source voltage (which I've pretty much decided should be the extra 12v rail on my psu since I don't have a fancy pci-e card to use the rail) which the output on it runs approx 300 ma at 20 watts.) I need to make an actual formula that could output the parts I need to get it to the right voltage for the cathode, which from what I've seen by looking around works out to about 600v at around the same amperige.

I could be wrong, anyone with some background will know where I'm bsing :-P but if you get what I mean in a round about way and know how to help please post! any info is appreciated though!