PDA

View Full Version : Best custom pc maker

pinkfloydian1
07-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Hey guys,

Im in the market for a new PC. I dotn want to go with dell or any big name company, just a small company that specializes in gaming PC's. My current PC is a Xtreme Gear...www.buyxg.com they are sister companys with cyber power. im fairly pleased with buy xg for the 3 pc's ive bought from them. how ever im wondering what are other good companys like buyxg. im looking to spend 1500ish. also, should i go with PCI express? im not 100% positive as it is fairly new in the scheme of things. thanks alot.

harrison

MrSlacker
07-26-2005, 12:26 AM
why dont you build your own? if you know your hardware, but just dont have time, monarchcomputers charge only about $50 to build a PC and you can chose EVERYTHING. every little detail you want, you can chose it.

Aero
07-26-2005, 12:54 AM
Well coming from a Cyberpower customer here, I would recommend either building your own, or buying a laptop. Nice laptops have been coming down in price, a vary nice laptop can cost about $1500. And if you build your own desktop you can get a really good PC for not much more than $700, even less depending on what you are looking for.

Also if you want to go with PCI-E then atleast get an X700 Pro or maybe an X800XL. (hey I'm an ATI junkie :p). But I say go with PCI-E, most new video cards are exclusively PCI-E 16X, hop on the bandwagon now before its going 150 mph and you have too run.

TheGreatSatan
07-26-2005, 10:08 AM
Go to Bill at MCPCTech.com

sXenoG
08-05-2005, 06:34 PM
lol aero its all about nvidia sorry :P

I agree that monarch is a good decision though I stumbled upon them a while back and thought it was a good deal. But i dont think im ever buying a ready made pc now that I know how easy it is to build. I feel that 50$ for an hours worth of work is a lil outrageous but alot better then dell gateway etc. I am also aware that sometimes there is troubleshooting when it comes to building your own. Since im runnin SLI i have had a few issues that im not content with (not all have been sli problems tho)

MisterChief
08-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Q: Best custom computer maker?

:?

A:ME! :p:D

Seriously though, the best PC maker will always be yourself. All you need to do is do alot of research and comparison, and you'll end up with a superior and relativley futureproof machine.

sXenoG
08-06-2005, 02:02 AM
very true mister.

I was too intimidated to build my own computer until my girlfriends dad taught me now that I know how i'll never go back since its so easy, and i feel auxilirated<sp when I turn that thing on feels like i really accomplished something even though i kno its very simple.

Aero
08-06-2005, 05:06 PM
I was to intimidated untill I ripped apart like 3 old Pentium 3's, then I was like, wait...this is easy. :D

ack ack
08-06-2005, 06:11 PM
if I was forced to pick a brand, I'd obviously have to say Voodoo or Falcon-nw. Big fan of the original mach v's built on the coolermaster atc 110.

sXenoG
08-06-2005, 08:32 PM
You gotta be rich to get them voodoo pc's you can build similar pcs for between 1-2grand some of them even less. I think voodos are awsome but as with alienware very very expensive. 3 grand doesnt seem worth something that will become inferior in a year or so. :?