PDA

View Full Version : ? about lcd

hellboy
07-25-2005, 10:58 PM
been checking out the forums, love the place. hoping to do first mod in next couple months.Crimson Sky love your work, on your doom3 i like the lcd panel. which one from earthlcd would be the best kit to get(not worried about touch screen like yours) just for use as a second screen. any ideas would be helpful in my planning for my mod. Everybody keep up the good work love all the insite and ideas going on in this place.

Crimson Sky
07-26-2005, 12:40 AM
been checking out the forums, love the place. hoping to do first mod in next couple months.Crimson Sky love your work, on your doom3 i like the lcd panel. which one from earthlcd would be the best kit to get(not worried about touch screen like yours) just for use as a second screen. any ideas would be helpful in my planning for my mod. Everybody keep up the good work love all the insite and ideas going on in this place.

Hey thanks for the feedback, and welcome to TBCS--i really appreciate it!..

The earthLCD I used is very pricey ($800)because its industrial quality, meant for public kiosks and such--You can find great deals on 5-8" LCD's on ebay--search for brand names like Lilliput and Xenarc---expect to pay about $100 more for a screen if you require VGA inputs--composite inputs are great if you dont require hi-res images--they are decent for just playing movies and such. VGA is better for displaying desktop and apps.

Aero
07-26-2005, 01:00 AM
One more thing about composite, they are universal. If you plan on using the scren again, or for something else besides just a PC (ie Warspying box) they are a must. But VGA is the way to go if you want it only for a PC.

You might want to check out this article if you have a PSOne LCD. They can be easily modified to use in a PCA with a VGA connector.

http://www.bit-tech.net/article/136/2.html