PDA

View Full Version : Glowing Tomato

OvRiDe
08-11-2007, 04:23 AM
Not much more to say about this one..

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/just-not-eating-them/make-glowing-tomatoes-at-home-288187.php

Enjoy..

Omega
08-11-2007, 04:39 AM
You're right, there isn't much to say about that.

It's a glowing tomato.

XcOM
08-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Freaky

D1337
08-11-2007, 04:48 PM
what if i "accidently" injected myself with the match stick solution and the peroxide.. hmmm

Zephik
08-11-2007, 05:25 PM
what if i "accidently" injected myself with the match stick solution and the peroxide.. hmmm

Your family would have a glowing corpse.

Computer-Geek
08-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Hmm I may try this with a orange or something but how long does the glow last?

Zephik
08-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Hmm I may try this with a orange or something but how long does the glow last?

Long enough to take a picture. ;)

By the way, I would only imagine that it would have to be something with a thin skin, like a tomato. An orange would be too thick I would think, maybe try peeling it first? or you could... I suppose... carve a design in the orange and let the solution glow through. or even cut away a section of the orange to expose the glowing fleshy inside of the orange. Normal on the outside, freaky on the inside. The possibilities for some good art shots are endless!

xRyokenx
08-11-2007, 09:38 PM
That is cool... so if I need a light and have a load of matches, no fuel, and happen to have some bleach and hydrogen peroxide, I have one, lol. But yeah, that would be interesting to play around with so long as I don't get carried away or do anything dumb... hmm... now how to combine that with the home made laser mod? Hmm...

lukeisthecoolest
08-11-2007, 09:44 PM
That is cool... so if I need a light and have a load of matches, no fuel, and happen to have some bleach and hydrogen peroxide, I have one, lol. But yeah, that would be interesting to play around with so long as I don't get carried away or do anything dumb... hmm... now how to combine that with the home made laser mod? Hmm...

lol maybe you could have a glowing tomato with a laser inside ;)

i might try this using flowers and see if i could inject the stuff into the stem and wait like a day or two to have the liquid fully transferred throughout the "veins" :? does the stuff glow forever?

Spawn-Inc
08-11-2007, 11:34 PM
i'm thinking is is how glow sticks work, when you break them the the glass vial breaks on the inside and mixes with the other liquid. so if it is that it would last 12 hours or less.

lol maybe you could have a glowing tomato with a laser inside ;)

i might try this using flowers and see if i could inject the stuff into the stem and wait like a day or two to have the liquid fully transferred throughout the "veins" :? does the stuff glow forever?

i wouldn't mix the liquids first i would let the flower soak up the phosphorus liquid first. then soak the other liquid. but i'm thinking both would kill the plant.

well i tried making this but all i did was make mustard gas... i think. i tried "strike anywhere" matchs under a black light but there was no glow. i cut maybe 15 matchs and a book of matchs (http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/897220/2/istockphoto_897220_white_matchbook.jpg) with 1 tablespoon of bleach. i let it sit for 20 minutes and it didn't look separated so i went outside (just incase and i'm very glad i did) and dumped about 1 tablespoon on hydrogen peroxide in and it fizzed up and boiled instantly and i knew it wasn't something i wanted to breath. before i dumped it in i held my breath then once i realized it didn't work i tossed the bottle onto the raod and ran in the house.