PDA

View Full Version : My new toy

Durrthock
08-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Yesterday I bought a Vizio 32" hdtv from walmart for about $600 Its awesome!!! Right at the moment I am using it as a monitor but it is my tv so it wont stay like that. It works in resolutions up to 1080i and looks great at it. I would definately recommend it. Lemme go grab the camera and take some pics!

xRyokenx
08-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Speaking of which, we have a 42" Philips HDTV in our living room... I wanna hook up my PC to that one day... is there anything different about setting up a PC to a TV than to a monitor?

Durrthock
08-11-2007, 09:42 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g139/Durrthock/xboxypearl036.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g139/Durrthock/xboxypearl035.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g139/Durrthock/xboxypearl034.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g139/Durrthock/xboxypearl033.jpg

Nope it was plug and play the pics came out little dark. But this is just temporary the resolution on my 22" is much higher also the first pics of my z5500.

Dont let the pics fool you the chair is not really that dirty its just over exposed
for some reason every time I take a pic my room looks gross but its actually really clean

lukeisthecoolest
08-11-2007, 09:54 PM
pretty sweeeeeet!!! did u get the warranty cause i heard
Vizios break easily? from what i heard and one day wen i went into Costco there were 10 people at the return desk with Vizios and i was like WTF

but hopefully ur one of the lucky ones and doesn't have any problems!

i was planning on buying a projector for my room ($450) but would this be better?

AJ@PR
08-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Wow!

I'm envious!
I want one!!!!
:D :up: :up:

We have the same Logitech speakers man... you know, I believe that if you 'tilt' the subwoofer with respect to the left-vertical-side of the desk, the low-end response/quality will improve greatly.

Durrthock
08-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Its has a one year warranty and people break stuff cause there stupid and they try to wall mount stuff. Besides the vizio brand gets really high ratings in general even in consumer reports and they hate everything. Pm me explaining that speaker thing its too late for me to comprehend that. Over all I'm happy with the tv. 360 looks great and sounds great with z5500 digital :twisted: I just have to move the speakers so its in surround sound. 1080i looks awesome and I can finally play from my bed. Its even got like to component and 2 hdmi port not that I need them but its nice to have. Ill try out some more games on the 360 when I hit 70 in wow (62 hunter btw) I even pick up 4 or 5 hd channels just over my cable. Sound it good had to adjust the bass but thats fixed picture is sharp and crisp from my bed no so sharp from my desk but no big deal there. Its only 4 inches thick without base so its pretty thin and the logo is an led so it is white when its on and orange when its off. I like the orange. So I would definately recommend it. I got it at Walmart for just under 600 ( I sold my old dell for 275) and my mom owed me 140 so didnt cost much savings. Now I just gotta get some games to play. Its a good year for 360 :D

Durrthock
08-11-2007, 10:38 PM
pretty sweeeeeet!!! did u get the warranty cause i heard
Vizios break easily? from what i heard and one day wen i went into Costco there were 10 people at the return desk with Vizios and i was like WTF

but hopefully ur one of the lucky ones and doesn't have any problems!

i was planning on buying a projector for my room ($450) but would this be better?

$450 is pretty cheap for a projector and to get the best quality you really need to buy a screen to project on. If you looking for a new monitor then get a 24" dell. Projectors are cool but ive never been that impressed with them. I bought this tv for tv and 360 keep in mind that you really want the 1080p resolution for an constant computer use monitor and it doesn't have the sharpness of a monitor. But If you are using a wireless keyboard/mouse or can get a little distance its a good choice also. Great for watching you tube video
But remember this is a 720p so the resolution doesnt really go higher then that. But If you go dual with a regular monitor and one of these. Olny vga port but you can use digital to hdmi converter it would be an awesome choice. They also make a 26" one for about $450 lemmie see if I can find you a good monitor.

Get something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009113 The right monitor my secondary in that first pic is an acer of the same model line its worked out great I just wanted more real estate.

jdbnsn
08-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Great buy Durrthock! I'm jealous!

Like he said above, you are not likely to get as crisp and perfect a picture with a projector. But you can still get a damn nice picture none the less. I am a huge projector fan, they are really more for movie buffs who like that theater feel. I have used them for computer and xbox games and it's cool as hell having an 8 foot monitor, but the detail is not as good. Also, when getting a projector you need to look at two main things, resolution and ANSI lumens (luminosity or brightness). For a worthwhile investment, I wouldn't get one with less than 2000 lumens. I have owned a 1300 lumen and a 2000 lumen and there was a big difference. With the 1300 the lights needed to be off and sundown to clearly see the picture, the 2000 was bright enough to be seen well during the day. You'll likely need to spend more than $450 to get one you'll like.

elbarto241
08-11-2007, 11:36 PM
ahh love that vizio you have there buddy :D makes my 19" dell CRT all the more crappier, lol

Quakken
08-12-2007, 12:31 AM
It's only useful

if you have bad eyes.

But seriously, that is awesome. It COMES with a DVI or whatever STOCK?
if it does, then that is seriously SICK. Awesome.

But i will stick with monitors that have BETTER than 1080i.

Like any computer monitor from post 2000 (unless it is teh suck).

But i still like yours. I would be tempted if i had 600 extra dollars lying around.

Durrthock
08-12-2007, 01:04 PM
It only has a vga port stock. But you can use dvi through an hdmi converter which will give better quality but remember Im not using it for a monitor that was just to see what would happen as you can see in the first pic I already have a 22" dell and a 19" acer. I 1080i is just a better 720p thats is 720p right there later Ill snap some 1080i tv and 360 pics. As you can see below my 360 gets a lot of use and someone finally gave me the last half a star.

DaJe
08-13-2007, 04:55 AM
I really need to buy myself something like that. I know my brother has a 32' LCD that was like $700. Sure, it's not the highest brand, like a Samsung or something, but it's still good. It'd be better if I still had a job though :p