That ink looks Awesome! can you post a more detailed process of how you got it to look like that? I want to color my next project made from aluminum, and dont want to play with sulfuric acid in my apartment...
Printable View
That ink looks Awesome! can you post a more detailed process of how you got it to look like that? I want to color my next project made from aluminum, and dont want to play with sulfuric acid in my apartment...
It is a lot better than I expected it to be :up: & it is sooo cheap, plenty of colours, I like the way I can still see the brushed aluminium underneath it, I bought the silly applicator that goes with these inks but the applicator is garbage as the so called felt patches are actually cotton wool & leave bits of the cotton wool on the piece, could have bought 3 extra colours for the price of it too :facepalm: so I tried out a normal house paint brush which left it all too streaky, then I got the results shown by gently using a sponge to brush it on, just takes a few drops of the stuff & it dries extremely fast like less than a minute, then did an abuse test to see how well it stays & if it's on a part that will be handled regularly it will rub off so it needs a sealer so I'm going to get some matt sealer for it & give it maybe 2 coats, just need to find the right applicator to get it applied nicely then I think good things could come from it & it opens up creativity massively for anyone who is ok with art.
I'll do a mini interval post when I have another go at applying it with step by step picture guide :up:.
Been messing to try & design my own feet.
Also just used my new jigsaw blades & wow they cut miles faster, got the new side panel cut & filed to size in about half an hour, was easier than cutting cardboard with scissors lol :D.
Sorry about all the feet talk lol but just designed another but with an inclusion of LED's.
Ugh marked the feet very precisely to get the center & done the spot drills but when I was drilling with the 2.5mm bit it snapped & the bit that is in is unreachable & it's truly peeing in the wind to try drilling it out, so only got 3 feet now :redface:, soo I think I'll leave making my own case feet until I get a lathe which would be over a year away, I know the lines don't look right in my marking but they were just a rough guide of an inch, I used my digital calipers to mark the center, anyway the feet I'll forget about for now & get to work on the rest of it.
There is possibly some news on feet but I'll leave it for now :).
So I turned my attention to cutting out the windows for the side panels, would have got all the jigsaw work done today but on the last 2 windows the blade kept falling out as soon as it touched the aluminium, it fell out about 40 times before it even got to cut 1mm, was driving me mad especially with it just being 2 small windows so called it a day lol :D.
Bad luck on the feet. :( New side panels look great though.
I'm no longer down about the failed feet ;) thanks 88 :).
Heres the news bit I left out, totally worth mentioning, the one & only Bill Owen of MNPCTech mod supply store & youtube tutorials living legend offered me sponsorship for some feet after me asking if it's ok if I make 1 of his designs so seems like diy feet weren't supposed to happen with this case at this point in time, this is hugely awesome news for me as I learnt a lot about modding from his tutorial videos & this would be my first sponsor, honestly can't think of a better sponsor for a first, I's a happy chappy :banana:.
http://modmenshow.com/
Awesome! Congrats!
Thanks 88, I had a sudden depression when the drill bit snapped off & was unreachable, then super Bill saved the day :banana::up:.
congrats!