Nicely done. Have you tried running a fan strapped into one of those brackets yet? With it just being mounted on one end, I would worry about vibration...but then that might just be my brain telling me it needs to be overbuilt 10x over. :P
Printable View
Nicely done. Have you tried running a fan strapped into one of those brackets yet? With it just being mounted on one end, I would worry about vibration...but then that might just be my brain telling me it needs to be overbuilt 10x over. :P
:) Thanks Xhenthius glad it's inspiring for you :banana:.
Not yet but the bars are solid thanks to the helicoils, they let me tighten the bolts up fully so I believe it'll be fine thanks 88 :).
The drilling which should have been simple went wrong so I've body filled the holes & I'll smooth it off so it's a perfect blend, then paint the fan bars & use scotch mounting tape for the fans, really wanted to avoid stuff like body filler on this but if I can hide the hiccup really well I won't mind since it was quite a mission making the fan bars :D.
Ok so as I said I some how miss drilled the front fan mount bars so had to fill them with body filler, done 1 filling a good thick cover then filed & sanded down, then done another light layer to get a perfect fill & sanded to 600 grit so is ready for painting, then installed them back in the case, put thin strips of scotch mounting tape on the corners of the fans & stuck on & took a bunch more pics, & there is 320mm space for expansion cards & my tripod needs fixing up as it's getting wonky.
Whats up next, who knows that acrylic has to be done at some point & the psu vents & wire management holes need putting in but have no idea what I'll do next :D.
:D Thanks 88 :):up:.
Ah I think it may be the right time to work out where to put wire pass through holes & a guide for how to lay the cables out, I'm not doing a load of single wire pass throughs as seen in some other neat cable jobs I'll instead make big enough holes for the connectors to get through & make a good fitting cover that untightens a little so I can lift it up whenever I need to change things, I also want to include a way to have a wire mess hidden but accessible & functional under the hdd cages as there is some space for extras there.
Is it possible to make diy sata cables or open them up to extend them, anyone know about this? I found left angle sata cables but might need to mod the length to get it just perfect.
Well, on with theshowflow! +r
I saw a brief tutorial on modifying SATA cables a while ago...I'll see if I can find it again.
:D Cheers AmEv :up:.
Thanks 88 :):up: I measured the furthest hdd position to the furthest sata port in the layout I want to do & it comes to 615mm so I should be fine with the left angle sata cables I ordered, also John on bit-tech pointed me in the direction of a tutorial for going diy on sata cables :).
Got all the filling work done on the pci piece which has presented yet another new thing, rounded edges where I done the filling lol so yep that means I'll have to dedicate a bit more time to making the rounded edges consistant for the slots, anyway it took 3 layers of filling before I got a finish I can live with so just need to round the edges & paint then this piece is completed.
Showing it with the lian-li black vented pci brackets I bought & I feel this is going to look sweet once finished.
This one?
Love the vented slots on the PCI backplate. Keep up the great work!