This is the tut Diggsy passed over to me, looks a good guide but thanks 88 & TheMainMan appreciate the help m8s :):up:, the lian-li slots were nice & cheap so thought why the heck not :D.
Printable View
I still need to figure out if I'm going to add a regular rear fan as I remember slightly regretting adding one to the air cube with the cpu cooler being in push/pull config so I have a tough decision on whether I should add a fan or cut out a spawling grill from the pci area to the spot where there is usually a fan, tough call but there is always the fan just above the io spot which would probably do the job fine, I'll take a bit more time to decide :up:.
Pulling away to make the rounded edge I accidentally put in consistent.
Cut a little piece of wood to use as a sanding block to make the task much better & easier.
Made the edges 100% square & gave the edges that show a smoothed rounded edge, so now thank goodness this piece is ready for painting at last :).
I was thinking of body filling all the lines where the plates connect to each other but don't feel the need to be honest because a: it will consume another day & b: it might end up a mess but I suppose I could use a filler primer which would be much easier & probably better.
And apologies for posting updates the minute I finish for the day even with fairly insignificant updates, hope it's not boring or irritating anyone lol.
Thanks 88 :):up: yeah I think I'll skip filling the lines, I think I came out with the boring comment because the pci piece took so long to complete & was starting to bore me lol :D.
New jigsaw in action & the LED light helps big time, much smoother jigsaw than any I used before & didn't even need to clamp up like usual, yep it's a gooden for £30 :).
PCI/IO cutout done.
PCI piece Attached.
Working on the 2nd level, never took any pics of the way I figured where the sata cables need to go through, this circle cutter scares the bleep outa me so I hide behind a big board in case it flys off :D.
Took ages to cut it out but got there.
Smoothed everything off & brushed both sides.
Wire management holes & need to file a small section away from the optical angle bar.
Only cut out the pci/io area on the back panel as I'm gonna ponda on what to do with the rest of it.
Very hard to see it but the hole is in perfect alignment with the psu fan & will catch the excess air flow from the hdd fans.
Great progress on this. :up:
...also, on a completely unrelated note...is that a picture of an '80's Honda CM series motorcycle I see?
Thanks 88 :):up:, I think it's a honda goldwing, when doing air cube my dads bikes got covered in crap & had a mammoth task of cleaning them afterwards lol so I covered them up fully this time :D.
LoL ultra fast spinning sharp things are scary for sure :D.
Here is how I aligned the mounting holes for the psu, cotton bud sticks cut off ends, pressed into the mounting holes, put a blob of paint on & press against the back panel & pull away, spot drill, drill then countersink.
There was 2 unwanted holes back from when I tried a clamping system for the pci cards so I used a custom circle hex graph to try & align it correct but failed on that & then failed on not using a small drill bit at first & instead used 1 that was a tad too big so silly me went & drilled big holes to remove the botched area then took a break cursing like a gooden & generally feeling down thinking I'd have to order a new sheet or an iffy repair lol, even considered cutting out the entire bad area & trying to fit another cut to precise size & fitting inside the bad area & filling the edge.
Took a few hours to spot drill all these.
Anyway similar thing happened when I was doing the back panel mesh on the air cube so thought screw it I'll give it a shot & the following was 100% freestyle :D but is to be continued tomorrow as it was getting a bit late.
If after tomorrow I can't make it good I'll give in & get a new sheet.