Heheh, there you go. If the hole is too big, make it bigger. :P Looks great. :up:
Oh, and I believe you are correct..I didn't notice the opposing cylinders sticking out; I think this is a Goldwing.
Printable View
Heheh, there you go. If the hole is too big, make it bigger. :P Looks great. :up:
Oh, and I believe you are correct..I didn't notice the opposing cylinders sticking out; I think this is a Goldwing.
I'm stil not sure what I make of the unplanned design of the mesh but this is about half way done, it was the 2 unwanted holes from the clamping piece I was going to use that threw this mesh way off course & into unplanned territory :facepalm: lol.
If I don't end up liking what I do with this I'll order another sheet & re-do the back panel but even so I'll get the rest of the panel made & then it could act as a template which would really reduce the amount of time required to re-make it :).
Well I didn't like the unplanned mess I started turning this into so I ordered a new sheet yesterday.
Wowzers just got the fresh sheet of alu a couple of hours ago & didn't waste any time :D it is now back in the shape it was before I added the 2 holes for the expansion card mounting system, all the mounting holes line up correct too thank goodness :D.
So all thats needed to be done now for the back panel is:
Cut the psu hole out, cut a hole out for the bottom hdd fan, shorten the length of the curve bar blocks so they don't interfere with the top exhaust, cut a hole out for the top exhaust, drill out a mesh then the back panel is near complete :banana:. I'll do all this if I can be bothered as that was a concentrated workload I just completed to get back to where I was the other day :D.
Here, I couldn't be bothered doing more than getting back to where I mucked up but I could just about be bothered to get a pic :) lol.
Wow, fast shipping on that panel!
Yeah, awesome service from my new supplier which I found on ebay & way cheaper aluminium too :), I got a 3mm x 1000mm x 500mm £30 with express delivery £21 if I could go pick it up in person.
With my old supplier this sheet would have cost me £63 & could have been waiting anything from 3 days to 2 weeks & without protective backing so could get it in bad condition but they are good for bar profiles but for sheet alu I'd never go with them again.
Wow...If I lived in the UK I'd ask who it was..maybe see about putting them in the supplier section on our wiki?
Good idea, really had nothing but perfect service with them :):up:.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Aluminium-D...id=p4340.l2563
Started 6 am Friday, finished 8 pm had a few quick coffee breaks.
Days like today make me remember why I make my own cases, the past few days I've been questioning why am I bothering doing this lol & the answer is in the pictures, the first botch up panel was one of those where I don't know what to make of it & wondered if I could grow to like it but todays effort I knew immediately I'm glad to say wooooooo :yellow_green::D.
OK so I missed out on taking pictures with the custom circle hex pattern I downloaded, printed from http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/ but I cut to size & stuck down with cello tape & marked the centre of each circle which tested my patience over a few sessions through the night lol but whenever it got too much I just watched a show to break the monotony & when it was done I covered it in cello tape so it all stays down & left until 6 am.
Not sure how long the spot drilling took but it was quite a while, then drilled a 3.2mm bit & then used a 7mm bit, then got my bigger countersink bit & accidentally went too deep on the first one so did all the rest at the same depth & pretty fast I noticed it was a good accident for 2 reasons: 1 it adds a nice & easier way for the air to get through, 2 I think it looks pretty damn good.
The circle at the bottom I wasn't sure if I should go with a plain hole or do the mesh so I went with the mesh & had to just use a few 3.2mm holes for the ones closest to the edge of the wanted circle, not a bad result I think :).
Flipped the piece over & done slight countersinks on the exterior side, then used wd40 to get the tacky cello tape completely off & then used the satinising mop to minimise scratches & then went over it with a fine satinising mop, dusted down & installed back to the case & wow I love it when I impress myself & feels a fair while since I done that, so then enough blah blah & enjoy the pics :D.
Awesome day :).
Holey carp!!! :eek: That is a lot of drilling in on day. I really like how the happy accident turns out. It's a different look and it can't hurt the airflow at all.